Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
(10-22-2018, 12:58 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The only thing he said that ticked me off was the same tired "look at the Bengals before Marvin" line. It could be 2037 with the Bengals never winning a playoff game, and people will still be saying "but the 90's!"

At some point you have to just judge Marv on the job he's done without looking at stuff that happened 25 years ago. Marv's tenure (16 years) is already longer than the entire lost "decade" (12 years).

Who knows? Maybe some other coach could've taken this team to the SB. We haven't lacked talent. We just suck in certain situations. Over and over again. For 16 years. That's coaching.

I wonder since he lives in Cincy area if he does stuff with Marvin like with charity or golf outings or whatnot.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:01 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: League needs to. The other owners. Every owner has an obligation to deliver a decent/quality product. Tonight was an embarrassment for Cincy AND the league. Bengals looked like a D2 squad.

Other owners won’t. As long as the idiot Mike Brown runs this organization it is 1 less organization to compete with when it comes to increasing franchise value.

I think the only time the owners may stand up to him is if he tried to move the team to a really hot market only because they wouldn’t want this buffoon of an owner ruining a hot market.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:02 AM)Synric Wrote: My biggest issue with Marvin right now is that because he is on a 2 year contract the bengals could very well lose Lazor next year. 

I don't even look at contract length. That dude is here til Mike dies, and probably beyond. Not even exaggerating there. He probably really is.

He loves the job and the Brown family loves him. He's already coached as long as Paul Brown (Bengals) and Wyche combined.

(10-22-2018, 01:04 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder since he lives in Cincy area if he does stuff with Marvin like with charity or golf outings or whatnot.

Well I'm sure knowing him personally plays into it. Otherwise, how could you defend the track record?

The Bengals are kind of a wink nod joke around the league for the playoff/prime-time stuff. Everyone knows it's ridiculous.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2018, 11:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This was exactly what was expected. Anyone that thought we were going to come in and shut down the Chiefs offense hadn’t been paying attention this season. Our only hope was for our offense to match them in a shootout, especially since the Chiefs defense is bad. This is on our offense. We’re on pace for 14 points. You’re NOT beating this KC team with 14 points. KC has the LAST RANKED DEFENSE. This is pathetic.

Well, it wasn't good that's for sure. So, I'm going to be that bag that says we will get it together and stay positive. I really think we got the guys who can do this. Call me crazy I know. But hey, we are still in first place. We can do this. Well, not we, them I guess. Damnit, gotta wash the jersey again, And, since those push ups are killing me and it didn't work 2 weeks in a row, maybe I need to stop. But I wont/ It's the only exercise this pencil pusher gets.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote