Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
Kinda nice that Balt shit down all the Chargers hype only to get shut down today themselves. Just hope this trend doesn't catch us next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:27 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 5-0 when I eat LaRosas ir Skyline before the game.  It's a superstition now...

Someone get this guy a gift card!!
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:52 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Kinda nice that Balt shit down all the Chargers hype only to get shut down today themselves. Just hope this trend doesn't catch us next week.

Right now there is a dilemma of who to prepare for.

Wilson got injured, so will he be the starter?  Or backup White who got his first and only NFL game film?  Or Josh Johnson who will probably get called up from the practice squad?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You seem like you’re getting weirdly frustrated, so that’s fine, we can agree to disagree. I wasn’t saying he is fringe top 10 in any particular metrics, just that the fact he is one of the worst QBs in the league when it comes to turnovers is keeping him from that elite category, especially when QBs are doing what he is doing without the turnovers. It isn’t hard logic to follow.

Who Dey, thrilled to have Burrow and even more thrilled to destroy Baltimore.

This is literally not true. NFL Network game day did a Family feud meme on QBs with most ints. Top three are Zack Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and Trevor Lawrence.  Burrow tied for fourth.  He can stand to improve but is not the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:21 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: This is literally not true. NFL Network game day did a Family feud meme on QBs with most ints. Top three are Zack Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and Trevor Lawrence.  Burrow tied for fourth.  He can stand to improve but is not the worst in the league.

How does being 4th in interceptions mean you aren't among the worst in interceptions?  Being in the top 5 absolutely means that you are.   Now, if there is an additional 10 picks before you get to number 3, and 1 less would take you to the middle of the pack I might reconsider that stance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:21 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: This is literally not true. NFL Network game day did a Family feud meme on QBs with most ints. Top three are Zack Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, and Trevor Lawrence.  Burrow tied for fourth.  He can stand to improve but is not the worst in the league.

Interception rate, not raw interceptions.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He’s not. This isn’t just my personal opinion, there’s numbers behind it. The only QB in the league who has turned the ball over at a higher rate in the NFL is Zach Wilson. Burrow is a fringe top 10 guy, maybe around 8th or so. However, the rest of his game is good enough that if he can cut down on turnovers, he will be top three.

Perhaps I should have quoted this post instead. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Interception rate, not raw interceptions.

Lol, semantic.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 06:37 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Lol, semantic.

It’s not. Throwing three interceptions on 50 attempts is different from three interceptions on 20 attempts. It’s a very important stat for QBs, more important than raw INT numbers.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It’s not. Throwing three interceptions on 50 attempts is different from three interceptions on 20 attempts. It’s a very important stat for QBs, more important than raw INT numbers.

So post the stats. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:39 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: So post the stats. 

I have an entire thread on it. Here’s a link to it.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-NFL-Analytics-for-2021-Season

The stats for INT % are here - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm

I was incorrect, Burrow has the third highest INT% in the league. Davis Mills (4% after today) is in front of Burrow (3.7%) as well. Just sort on INT%.
Reply/Quote