Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Ravens***
All winnable games.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fringe? Nah. He’s a top 5 QB at this point.

He’s not. This isn’t just my personal opinion, there’s numbers behind it. The only QB in the league who has turned the ball over at a higher rate in the NFL is Zach Wilson. Burrow is a fringe top 10 guy, maybe around 8th or so. However, the rest of his game is good enough that if he can cut down on turnovers, he will be top three.
Reply/Quote
Defense wins championships. Don’t ever forget it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Basically no penalties have helped. For whatever reason penalties absolutely kill us when we play this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Defense wins championships.  Don’t ever forget it.

That was kind of fading, but I think the Bucs proved that again.
Reply/Quote
It really doesn't feel like there is anyone left on the schedule the Bengals can't beat handily.. This feels like it did with Boomer and Ickey..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This is the best Bengals' victory since at least 2015.
Reply/Quote
Dang.....I think I might re hang my Bengals flag. Been in the garage for several years
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So 2-0 in the division, with both wins on the road!

Awesome start
Reply/Quote
I thought Phillips got there a tad early, but even the refs want to go home, thus no flag.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:07 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Makes me want to go watch them in Vegas. (closests to me)

YOLO, baby!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well Balts winning their next 3 games
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:08 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: This is the best Bengals' victory since at least 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kylRXCAA4Qo
This was my favorite victory since we got bad
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:02 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Not there yet. He’s playing like a fringe top 10 guy. Turnovers are killing him. He’s turning the ball over at one of the highest rates in the league.

Yeah, I’m just being emotional in the moment. I was looking at it earlier this week, and had him at 8, but only that low due to lack of longevity doing it. I think we could look at him as a top 5 QB by the end of his second season. I’ll take that.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This team is getting better with every game. The announcers making injury excuses for the Ravens never said a word about our injuries last year.
Reply/Quote
My tree is full of sap
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:08 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Dang.....I think I might re hang my Bengals flag.  Been in the garage for several years

I'll be sleeping in my Bengals jersey, tonight.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He’s not. This isn’t just my personal opinion, there’s numbers behind it. The only QB in the league who has turned the ball over at a higher rate in the NFL is Zach Wilson. Burrow is a fringe top 10 guy, maybe around 8th or so. However, the rest of his game is good enough that if he can cut down on turnovers, he will be top three.

Yea, just stinks because 4-5 of them were completely avoidable and just really bad decisions by himself. Tipped balls are going to happen but some of the ones against the Bears, GB, today...all just bad throws
Reply/Quote
Ok, the NYJ game should be 35 point win, unless we sit people early/
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 05:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: He’s not. This isn’t just my personal opinion, there’s numbers behind it. The only QB in the league who has turned the ball over at a higher rate in the NFL is Zach Wilson. Burrow is a fringe top 10 guy, maybe around 8th or so. However, the rest of his game is good enough that if he can cut down on turnovers, he will be top three.

One metric doesn’t keep him that far out. Not when he’s this good at literally everything else.

Anyway, I’m not going to argue with you. We have an absolute STUD at QB. This Ravens defense ate your boy Herbert’s lunch last week.

Reply/Quote