Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 8 ESPN Power Rankings
Well as most expected Denver by beating GB jumped to #2 otherwise the top 5 stayed the same.

1. NE
2. Den
3. Cin
4. GB
5. Car
Reply/Quote
I can agree with that. I believe NE and Denver are the best in the NFL "right now". I fully believe GB and Carolina are beatable on a given sunday. Same with Arizona.

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are better than the Broncos, in my opinion, but whatevsies....there isn't much of a difference between 2nd and 3rd.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
patriots and broncos stealing our glory!!!!!.... time to bring the pain lol
Reply/Quote
Bengals are better than the Broncos, and are certainly better than the Packers. You shall soon see.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I get Denver beat a higher caliber team this weekend..but there was a reason that Denver was below us, Pack, and even Carolina in some pools for half the season..

They have underwhelmed for majority of the season.  Their offense isn't anything like it was two seasons ago.their defense is playing at an all-time great level right now but that wasn't rising them above others.

Bengals have consistently been better than Denver this year and just because of one game they jump right over...

ESPN ranking is odd anyways...Cards were above us with a 4-2 record, so they just don't like us..oh well.
Reply/Quote
I'd be tempted to knock Carolina down a peg simply because they barely beat a Colts team that only plays one quarter of football per week.

(11-03-2015, 03:12 PM)rungiorun25 Wrote: Bengals have consistently been better than Denver this year and just because of one game they jump right over...

One game true, but in all fairness if the Bengals held Aaron Rodgers to 77 yards and beat the Packers even the most anti-Bengals talking heads would have to give some major props.  
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals and Broncos are sort of 2A and 2B. The Patriots are the reigning Super Bowl champions, and are unbeaten, so they are the obvious number one. After that, I really don't think it matters if the Bengals are number two or number three.
Reply/Quote
ESPN power ranking earns the team exactly squat. Nobody gets the Lombardi because of the ESPN rankings.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 03:48 PM)grampahol Wrote: ESPN power ranking earns the team exactly squat. Nobody gets the Lombardi because of the ESPN rankings.

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse on this one.
Reply/Quote
I don't get how the Broncos are ahead of us.

Manning finally played decently, but it's been their defense and run game that has kept them going so far.

ESPN couldn't bring themselves to rank us that high.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:46 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well as most expected Denver by beating GB jumped to #2 otherwise the top 5 stayed the same.

1. NE
2. Den
3. Cin
4. GB
5. Car

How is a 6-1 team that just got their asses beat ahead of a 7-0 team? GB should be #5 and Carolina #4.

:crazy:
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
PFT has us at #2
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/03/pfts-week-nine-power-rankings/

Quote:2. Bengals (7-0; No. 2): Cincinnati is on to a first-round bye.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
To be honest who really cares about these rankings anyway. They mean absolutely nothing. The main thing is that the Bengals continue to play at the level that they are right now and they will be where they need to be at the end of the year as long as they are able to stay healthy. There is no doubt in my mind that this team can beat anyone in the NFL and yes I am including the Patriots because arguably the Bengals have the deepest and most complete roster in the NFL. The only thing that matters is who is holding the Lombardi trophy at the end of the year. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Think Bengals are ahead of Bronco's.

But after their win and at this particular juncture believe the rankings are fair enough.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
ESPN uses these rankings to push MNF Ratings.
If you noticed a week or two ago Arizona was ahead of us after just getting beat down by the Steelers.
However they played on MNF the next week against the Ravens.
After beating the Ravens they dropped out of the top 5.
Reply/Quote
I believe both our Steelers games will be tougher than the Denver game. I mean Manning really seems to be done.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 07:41 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I believe both our Steelers games will be tougher than the Denver game. I mean Manning really seems to be done.

Hmmmm. Not sure I agree. Denver's D is a crap ton better than P-berg's so the game against Denver might be really similar. 

Denver D > Pitt D
Pitt O > Denver O

Not sure who I would rather play 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 07:41 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I believe both our Steelers games will be tougher than the Denver game. I mean Manning really seems to be done.

Manning played out of his old ass against Green Bay, so let's hope it was a fluke and his arthritis kicks in again.
Reply/Quote
If we were to beat Green Bay like that, then we should definitely be #2.

Seriously, NONE of us saw that game going like it did. Completely shut down Rodgers and that offense was on fire.

But if we wanna be ahead of the Broncos, all we have to do is beat them.
Reply/Quote