Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
Will this sad sack team trade or sign any players tomorrow? Nervous
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The vast majority of the time it was the remaining original olineman and the rookie.  Williams is struggling terribly. But they are not remotely close to last year's line.

I know Jonah is playing hurt, but it might not be a bad idea to shut him down for Carolina and give him a couple of weeks to heal up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:19 AM)Whatever Wrote: He did, but it would be hard to point out anybody that played well on offense tonight.  They basically looked like the '20 offense out there.  

There were so many 0 yard passes it looked like a 1920 offense. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:13 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Browns were without 2 CBs and both starting LBs, lets stop with the excuses.

If you can keep getting pressure and hits on the QB, then missing 2 CBs isnt as big an issue as those CBs dont need to cover very long.
Reply/Quote
This offense blows without Chase. Which is exactly what I feared would happen.

And Jonah shouldn’t even be allowed on the plane back home. Picking up that 5th year option might turn out to be a big mistake.

Reply/Quote
Still recall all the cockeyed optimists on the board after we choked away another SB, with plenty of help from the refs, yelling at people who were disgusted with “we’ll be back next year!” “We’re young! Best is yet to come!”

Anyone with common sense and access to a wikipedia page knew that was a one-off opportunity we’re not likely to see for 2/3 decades, when the stars align again. That SB is the only one those guys will play in (except the guys who smartly find a way to seek their fortunes elsewhere.

That was it. That’s the shot. We missed, and it still makes me ill to think about it.

From that to an “improved” team who lost to 3 very inferior teams (at least terms of talent) and one good one.

4-4, 0-3 in the division after a relatively easy opening schedule. This team is not winning 5 of its final 9.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:14 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: #1  Frank Pollack needs to be fired

#2  Zac Taylor needs to be forced to give up play calling duties

Wrong.

Jonah had a bad night but the scheme asked alot of him vs one of the best DE in the NFL. "Play calling" is crap if the plays are bad.

Lack of speed removed plays from the Bengals play book. We seen the swings to the RBs but they had ZERO screen plays vs a good defensive front. Tee Higgins struggled as the X getting pressed and bumped. Really it was on the coaching staff.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There were so many 0 yard passes it looked like a 1920 offense. 

If that’s their counter for terrible line play they need to revisit quite a few things.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There were so many 0 yard passes it looked like a 1920 offense. 

Mixon couldn't make an 80 year old Grandma miss on Black Friday.  

I don't know what was worse, his whiff in pass pro that led to the strip sack or his complete and utter failure to recover said fumble.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:23 AM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: If that’s their counter for terrible line play they need to revisit quite a few things.
We'll revisit the GM position eventually, but then I assume it'll be locked down for another 50 years.
Reply/Quote
Oh, package Jonah, Mixon and Boo-ber to someone before 4:00 tomorrow. I don’t care what they get. A bowl of spaghetti or some watermelon seeds. Maybe a 1979 Pacer.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
All and all it was a bad night for Bfine players lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:20 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Idk

Jonah and Spain were legit good

Reiff was ok, Hopkins wasn’t a liability.

It was pretty much only RG that was a big problem until Reiff got injured

Now it’s Jonah, Volson, and Collins all playing terribly

Hopkins was a terrible liability so many times, often in the run game.  Spain was awful in the playoffs.  Reiff was ok.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: Mixon couldn't make an 80 year old Grandma miss on Black Friday.  

I don't know what was worse, his whiff in pass pro that led to the strip sack or his complete and utter failure to recover said fumble.

He can’t be on the team next season.

Idk who the bigger waste of money was - Mixon or Bates?

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:27 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He can’t be on the team next season.

Mixon $25M cap hit next 2 seasons.

Reply/Quote

Mixon.  Bates has been an average starter.  He's not worth the money, but he's not a liability.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:26 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Hopkins was a terrible liability so many times, often in the run game.  Spain was awful in the playoffs.  Reiff was ok.

I’m talking regular season before the Reiff injury

And Hopkins could at least pass block well

Point is, that line with Reiff healthy was better than the line NOW
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:26 AM)Synric Wrote: All and all it was a bad night for Bfine players lol.

Daaayyyyuuuummm....
Reply/Quote

Brian Callahan. Easily.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Mixon $25M cap hit next 2 seasons.

They can cut him after this season with only about $8 mil in dead cap.

Reply/Quote