Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
Cincinnati Bengals (5-2)   vs   New York Jets (1-5)
Sunday, October 31st, 2021 at 1:00 PM on CBS
MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey
Announce Crew: Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez, Laura Okmin
Referee: Craig Wrolstad
{Streaming Links: Click HERE!}
Radio: WLW (700) - ESPN (1530) - WEBN (102.7)

[Image: 6YpHzAW.jpg]

Reply/Quote
This is the first time in a loooooong time that I am completely confident that the Bengals will win easily. This should be a cake walk!
Reply/Quote
As usual I have work to do today, but it's all here at home, painting cabinet doors for a customer in a cold garage so I should have plenty of time to listen to the game. I just hope something doesn't go wrong with my equipment, ie: compressor, spray equipment, heater, etc..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the first time in a loooooong time that I get to watch the Bengals without using a livestream on the computer.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:58 AM)Interceptor Wrote: This is the first time in a loooooong time that I get to watch the Bengals without using a livestream on the computer.

Hmmm..where's the usual tv coverage maps this week?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:56 AM)grampahol Wrote: As usual I have work to do today, but it's all here at home, painting cabinet doors for a customer in a cold garage so I should have plenty of time to listen to the game. I just hope something doesn't go wrong with my equipment, ie: compressor, spray equipment, heater, etc..

Or a slide hammer? Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> inactives vs the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a>:<br><br>HB Chris Evans<br>WR Auden Tate<br>CB Nick McCloud<br>DE Darius Hodge<br>DE Wyatt Ray<br>DT Tyler Shelvin</p>&mdash; Marisa Contipelli (@BengalsMarisa) <a href="https://twitter.com/BengalsMarisa/status/1454833091504218113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2021</a></blockquote> 
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jets?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Jets</a> inactives vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a>:<br><br>WR Corey Davis<br>QB Zach Wilson<br>QB Joe Flacco<br>RB Tevin Coleman<br>TE Trevon Wesco<br>DL Bryce Huff<br>DL Jonathan Marshall</p>&mdash; Marisa Contipelli (@BengalsMarisa) <a href="https://twitter.com/BengalsMarisa/status/1454833815659106309?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2021</a></blockquote> 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 12:15 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hmmm..where's the usual tv coverage maps this week?

I'm in the NYC area. I only get the Jets and Giants games here on regular TV. I don't have cable - no need and besides, can't afford it. The small green areas is the CBS televising of Bengals-Jets.

[Image: 08-CBS-V3.png]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
College GameDay is coming to UC Saturday, hopefully we get some more good news in a few hours, with the Bengals being victorious
Reply/Quote
I see Shelvin is once again inactive.

I would have thought this would be an ideal game to get him some live action. Starting to think that mountain of a man is not going to be in stripes next season.
Reply/Quote
So, who do we root for in Cleveland today?

As much as I hate to say it, I think Pittsburgh. A Bengals win and Steelers win would give us a two win cushion over the 3 and 4 seeds.
Reply/Quote
A hearty WHO DEY, fellow mavens!

Ought to be a fun jaunt today...unless...it's a trap game...?

That notwithstanding...any predictions? I say, with it being the Jets, one million to 3?

Okay, I'll be a little more realistic, I'll give them a touchdown...one million to 7..?

Alright, alright. 35-7. Lock in your bets!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 01:46 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: A hearty WHO DEY, fellow mavens!

That notwithstanding...any predictions? I say, with it being the Jets, one million to 3?

Okay, I'll be a little more realistic, I'll give them a touchdown...one million to 7..?

24-10
Reply/Quote
wooh! Let's do it!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:54 AM)M.W. Wrote: This is the first time in a loooooong time that I am completely confident that the Bengals will win easily. This should be a cake walk!

I was hoping for an unexciting game, but you just blew any chance of that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The black and orange invades the Big Apple for a Halloween nightmare? (Yes, I know it's in East Rutherford, N.J.)
Reply/Quote
And I have to now watch the little fat lawyer pretend he was ever an athlete.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Still the NFL and never know with a QB backup, sometimes they play lights out.. but yes we should control this game
Reply/Quote
Good game folks.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 01:46 PM)GridironMonarch Wrote: A hearty WHO DEY, fellow mavens!

So, I hope you'll humor me with this question.  You've been a member for almost three years, and you post a bit in the gameday threads, but you've never posted in any other thread.   Not trying to be a dick or anything, I'm just curious why that is.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote