Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Buccaneers @ Bengals***
(10-28-2018, 03:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Fantasy football is stupid, and so is rooting against your own team.

Hey genius, I have Mixon on my team and I never root against my team.

Hey genius, I won money on fantasy football the past three years, so who is stupid now? 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: How were the Bengals coming after a bye during the 90's and before Marvin got here???

Please tell me.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please tell me.

With the pathetic mediocre record during the 90's. I don't think they won many games before or after byes.  Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 07:16 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: With the pathetic mediocre record during the 90's. I don't think they won many games before or after byes.  Whatever

Very true. Although I don't know those stats. I stand corrected.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As history in Marvins tenure has taught us, we come out flat after the bye. Please let it be different this time. They have 2 weeks to work on things and also get some guys off the injury list. We need Gio as he has been sorely missed. Not sold on Vontaze this year, he's been a little sloppy and the only 2 games he played, we lost. Getting Price back will be a plus.

Here's my thing (and I'm not saying it because I had him chosen in Fanduel), why didnt we provoke their weakness on defending the TE? Yes, we had a couple passes to TE's but we didn't exploit the weakness. We should have capitalized on that more. Although, I give huge props to Mixon and Boyd today. When we go to Boyd, we win. When we lay off Boyd like we have the last 2 weeks? We lose. He is our guy and he plays extremely well under pressure. He is truly an asset our coaching staff doesn't seem to grasp. 

Hoping we will come out strong in the second half of the season.

- As much as I've defended Tez in the past, I'd be okay with moving on. His play is up and down, he gets hurt, suspended, etc. Not sure he's worth the headache anymore. 

- The TE usage is puzzling. If we have no one worthy, go out and make a trade or sign someone. This isn't the 1980's. You need a pass catching TE for a productive offense. 

- They're going to Boyd a lot this year. He's on pace for 98 catches, 1240 yards and 10 TDs. You're right that we've gotten away from him a couple times though. With no real threat at TE, we have to keep Boyd involved heavily.

(10-28-2018, 07:09 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: How were the Bengals coming after a bye during the 90's and before Marvin got here???

Being bad in the 90's makes our current deficiencies okay. Got it.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks. Tough call for the Bucs at QB because Fitz will revert as you saw earlier this year. Winston threw for 276 before he left, but you can’t play in the NFL with those INTs which are baffling throws. Not one of those was the Bengals making a great play on the ball, but I’m sure there will be an opinion or two on your boards. LOL

Not true.  Bates was in great position and undercut the route for the pick six.

(10-28-2018, 06:19 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: A win is a win. Hopefully this win is a wake up call for the team although if the abortion that was the Chiefs game wasn't a wake up call, I don't know what is?

Bye came at a good time. Should get some players back (Price, Burfict, Kroft, Dennard) after the bye that should help. I guess we are just going to have to deal with a defense that is going to be statistically bad but will make a play here and there that may or may not help them win a close game against even "lesser" competition.

Pretty sure I saw neither Kroft nor Dennard was expected back against NO.  And I know Lapham said not to expect Burfict back until after that game.
Reply/Quote
I thought the stands looked a bit empty today..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Bengals attendance today was the lowest figure since 2011.</p>&mdash; Katherine Terrell (@Kat_Terrell) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1056681698535108609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I thought the stands looked a bit empty today..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Bengals attendance today was the lowest figure since 2011.</p>&mdash; Katherine Terrell (@Kat_Terrell) <a href="https://twitter.com/Kat_Terrell/status/1056681698535108609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 28, 2018</a></blockquote>

- Uninteresting opponent
- Coming off of more prime-time and Steeler losses
- Marvin Lewis is still there

I can see why. I think a lot of people are in "wait and see" mode.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not true.  Bates was in great position and undercut the route for the pick six.

Pretty sure I saw neither Kroft nor Dennard was expected back against NO.  And I know Lapham said not to expect Burfict back until after that game.

Yeah you’re right. That was a good play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 08:01 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not true.  Bates was in great position and undercut the route for the pick six.

I should have wrote "shortly after the bye". I didn't mean the Saints game that follows the bye. My bad. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 06:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: As history in Marvins tenure has taught us, we come out flat after the bye. Please let it be different this time. They have 2 weeks to work on things and also get some guys off the injury list. We need Gio as he has been sorely missed. Not sold on Vontaze this year, he's been a little sloppy and the only 2 games he played, we lost. Getting Price back will be a plus.

Here's my thing (and I'm not saying it because I had him chosen in Fanduel), why didnt we provoke their weakness on defending the TE? Yes, we had a couple passes to TE's but we didn't exploit the weakness. We should have capitalized on that more. Although, I give huge props to Mixon and Boyd today. When we go to Boyd, we win. When we lay off Boyd like we have the last 2 weeks? We lose. He is our guy and he plays extremely well under pressure. He is truly an asset our coaching staff doesn't seem to grasp. 

Hoping we will come out strong in the second half of the season.
I think they would have exploited TBs weakness at LB more, if we had been able to use our regular starting group of TEs. With the new guys in there, not so much. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals defense last 3 games....1608 yds...88 first downs.....110 pts

That is beyond bad.
Reply/Quote
Bengals defense on track to give up most yards in NFL history. Historically horrible defense.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bengals defense on track to give up most yards in NFL history. Historically horrible defense.

Amazing. The defense is looking like the 2017 o-line, which was also historically bad. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 09:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Amazing. The defense is looking like the 2017 o-line, which was also historically bad. 

We were all hoping that Tez would come back and be all "Khalil Mack" and instead he was just kinda "meh" and got gimpy again.

Not real high hopes at this point for the D to get any better than it already is. Sad
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote