Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
(11-07-2021, 06:32 PM)Tony Wrote: His Ints have been back breaking. It's every week now. You can't ignore it anymore. It's a huge problem.. I think his arm is to weak for this League...

Arm strength had absolutely nothing to do with either INT. You’re just showing your ignorance with comments like this. The first one the throw was late and inside and Ward jumped it. The second one was a tad behind Chase and Ward tipped it up to the safety. Both were timing and accuracy issues.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:49 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He also said it looked like Chase was starting to look like a wasted pick.  LoL.   So I would not take anything he says seriously or even worth entertaining.  

We don’t.

Reply/Quote
The equation is simple. If the ball is there the WR needs to catch it - every time. Drops do indeed call the worth of a receiver into question. It's mystifying to see this tolerance of poor play. Do you get to go to work and bumble your job? If you don't why should players?
Reply/Quote
I hope Burrow's INT problems are mostly a result of him still learning the league since he's barely only played a little over one full season.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I hope Burrow's INT problems are mostly a result of him still learning the league since he's barely only played a little over one full season.

1st off....Baker owns Bengals...
Burrow  looks "weenie arm esque " at times...that bomb to Chase would have been 6 if he could throw it further...
But really the most dissapointment is the D and how weak and lame they look....Trey H needs to learn how to tackle...more wiffs today
Browns are built to bully upfront and thats exacty what went down today. ..Bengals didnt do enough to correct those issues.  
Reply/Quote
^KaliB - spot on
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I hope Burrow's INT problems are mostly a result of him still learning the league since he's barely only played a little over one full season.

It could be some of that, but I also think he's making some of the same mistakes as Mahomes right now, as far as believing he can make any throw even when it's being forced or not the best decision. He'll learn from these mistakes, and I honestly expect a much better job from him in the 2nd half of the season in that regard. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Ummm no, He leads the league IN Ints...It's not about just 1. There is a lot to pick from.. 11 I think..It's ok to criticize him... Calm down... I said it's how he works to change it that will matter. He just needs to learn he can't throw all the other balls some of these stronger Arm'd QBs do... 
i agree it is not about 1, like it is not about Taylor but no doubt Burrow should be under the microscope more than anyone. he had a college carrier year.. and was consensus #1 pick in draft, he needs and should be held to a higher standard than anyone one player or coach dont you agree?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: i agree it is not about 1, like it is not about Taylor but no doubt Burrow should be under the microscope more than anyone. he had a college carrier year.. and was consensus #1 pick in draft, he needs and should be held to a higher standard than anyone one player or coach dont you agree?

Thank you. I've been getting attacked for insisting these players be held to standards and the higher your pick was the higher the standard. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: The equation is simple. If the ball is there the WR needs to catch it - every time. Drops do indeed call the worth of a receiver into question. It's mystifying to see this tolerance of poor play. Do you get to go to work and bumble your job? If you don't why should players?

There isn’t a single WR in the history of football that hasn’t dropped a pass once in awhile. My eyebrow is starting to go up with Chase doing it 2 weeks in a row, but your assertion that’s he’s venturing into “wasted pick” territory is ludicrous. Even for you.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: 1st off....Baker owns Bengals...
Burrow  looks "weenie arm esque " at times...that bomb to Chase would have been 6 if he could throw it further...
But really the most dissapointment is the D and how weak and lame they look....Trey H needs to learn how to tackle...more wiffs today
Browns are built to bully upfront and thats exacty what went down today. ..Bengals didnt do enough to correct those issues.  

The one where Ja’Marr beat Newsome? Literally what are you talking about? Burrow actually overthrew that pass a hair. And it still hit Chase in the hands. Which means he should have caught it.

Reply/Quote
The game was very tough to watch
Once again we wait all week with Hope that the team will measure up..
Once again they make fools of themselves
Zac's leash shrinking at a rapid pace?
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: 1st off....Baker owns Bengals...

“Weenie-arm-esque” is a bit over the top but your point is still valid. Even so, Joe Burrow was never considered a Peyton Manning type rocket arm quarterback in the first place; we all knew we were getting a touch passer. This was a noted concern even before he was drafted so it’s not a surprise.

The only bad thing about touch passers is they are either hot or cold depending on how their touch is that particular day.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:03 PM)Spider Wrote: The game was very tough to watch
Once again we wait all week with Hope that the team will measure up..
Once again they make fools of themselves
Zac's leash shrinking at a rapid pace?

Nope.  He has consecutive wins against the Steelers, followed up with a road win over the Ravens.  He won't be going anywhere until the next decade.
Reply/Quote
Unbelievable how much Joe Burrow gets taken for granted. He’s a generational talent that fell into our lap. He’s working with an inexperienced HC alongside scrub Coordinators for the most inept front office in the NFL in the past 2 decades.

The offensive line is absolute garbage. How quickly you all forget Andy Dalton and his pulling the ball down everytime he sensed pressure. He definitely would not have stood in and made the plays and got hit over and over again like Joe has. He very rarely makes a bad throw and he hits his receivers in their hands in stride nearly every throw. But he’s going to go through growing pains and unfortunately if things don’t change he just won’t develop here under this inexperienced coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:21 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Unbelievable how much Joe Burrow gets taken for granted.  He’s a generational talent that fell into our lap.  He’s working with an inexperienced HC alongside scrub Coordinators for the most inept front office in the NFL in the past 2 decades.  

The offensive line is absolute garbage.  How quickly you all forget Andy Dalton and his pulling the ball down everytime he sensed pressure.  He definitely would not have stood in and made the plays and got hit over and over again like Joe has.  He very rarely makes a bad throw and he hits his receivers in their hands in stride nearly every throw.  But he’s going to go through growing pains and unfortunately if things don’t change he just won’t develop here under this inexperienced coaching staff.

That's one good thing about getting drafted to a shit franchise. All the excuses are built in for you...
Reply/Quote