Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weent to game
I attended game yesterday in Charlotte.

First comment- lots of Bengal fans in attendance. Very impressive.

We actually sat with two great guys from Loveland.

All the Bengals fans we saw also got along great with the Panther fans. Most of the folks down here are very polite and respectful. It was a really good and fun spirit.

The game is completely summed up by the D getting manhandled ( an understatement) by Panthers on McCaffrey runs up the gut. It was truly embarrassing.

Reminded me of the last game coached by Bruce Coslett when the Ravens  absolutely gashed our D line.

183 yards rushing to McCaffrey whose previous high rushing total was way less then 100 yards. He usually does his damage in passing game.

We also could not stop Cam when he decided to run.

I am hoping this disaster ( which it was) is because of our two best LBs being out but it looked way worse than that.

Dalton played a good game and the 4 INTs are misleading.

Ross is awful and looks completely lost on the field. Two of Dalton's INTS were because he was not focusing. He got pushed out of position on the first INT and did not even look on second.

I posted a thread about Callaway on the Browns and I have to say that he looks like a much better player right now than Ross.

I think one INT was Malone ( No 80 ) having a ball bounce off of his chest or helmet because he wasn't focusing.

Boyd looked great and Eifert looked pretty darn good.

Despite getting run over on D, we were on the verge of a tying drive when Redmond got called on a hold. Bullock then missed a long kick giving Panthers field position and putting us in a hold the rest of the game.

Bullock is good but he is not elite.

The season is going to turn ugly real fast if the performance by D yesterday on rushing plays is a true indication of their ability.

Despite the loss, we had a good time in part because of the many very nice Bengals fans we met at the game. :andy: :andy: :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I did notice a lot of orange in the crowd yesterday.  Glad you had a good time!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is unusually friendly here when it comes to sports. I think a lot if it has to do with how this city has grown over the years. Most people moved here from somewhere else, might not of had a home team and just decided to root for and support their local team now. College is another story.

Anyway since you was at the game I was curious if you saw Ross giving up on routes other than the couple we know about. Also was our D line held a lot of just flat out man handled by backups. I don't think Carolina had a holding call the whole game which makes this even more pathetic thinking they didn't even have to. Worse performance that I've seen in a while by our D.
Reply/Quote