Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcom to the team, Drew Sample!
Physical TE, strong blocker with the skill set that Zac Taylor is looking for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Projected 4th Round pick:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/drew-sample?id=32195341-4d09-3961-4a51-98a97d3cf50f
Reply/Quote
Not super excited about this pick, but to me this says that we might have a lot of 2 TE sets and run the ball a ton with Mixon and Gio. I would like to see what this coaching staff wants to do with him, but I thought that this was a reach mostly because Sample was no where near my radar. I'm hoping we get at least a couple of LB to sure up that core.
Reply/Quote
Disgusting and now the worst defensive team hasnt even adressed the defensive side of the ball by reaching two rounds early on a blocking only tight end. New Dey, same crap
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:50 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Disgusting and now the worst defensive team hasnt even adressed the defensive side of the ball by reaching two rounds early on a blocking only tight end.  New Dey, same crap

Oh, woe is you.... what we are lacking on defense is still out there. We have a good backfield, we have a good dline. we need linebackers...
Reply/Quote
Well we passed on Greedy Williams, Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Irv Smith and got Drew Sample. Time will tell how it works out I suppose...but any of those 4 guys excite the fanbase.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Physical TE, strong blocker with the skill set that Zac Taylor is looking for.

Agree very physical and I like that Taylor prints on this pic.. he can catch not sure why people think he can;t just not the speed TE.. 
Reply/Quote
Best Tackle in the first and one of the top TE-Ys in the second...I think Zac Taylor wants to run the football.

Edit: Sample actually reminds me of the new Bengals TE coach..James Casey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well we passed on Greedy Williams, Metcalf, AJ Brown, and Irv Smith and got Drew Sample. Time will tell how it works out I suppose...but any of those 4 guys excite the fanbase.

I don;t think their board has a fanbase excitement measure.. besides we added a 125.. WR/CB not same need as TE/LB
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, woe is you.... what we are lacking on defense is still out there. We have a good backfield, we have a good dline. we need linebackers...

none of that explains why were are selecting a 4th round tight end who will be our 3rd string tight end who is strictly a blocking tight end in the second round lmao...typical bengals.  Its a horrible pick.  completely unnecessary drew sample was probably shocked he was just taken.  noone ever had him as a mid 2nd rounder.  piss poor selection.
Reply/Quote
Oh wow...people were saying mack wilson is a reach. We just took sample over quite a few tes that are better. If we wanted a te shoulda took irv at 42. We only got a 4 and a 6 to move down. This was a really crappy pick. Wouldent have minded knox if they wanted te but this was way early on sample
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:55 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: none of that explains why were are selecting a 4th round tight end who will be our 3rd string tight end who is strictly a blocking tight end in the second round lmao...typical bengals.  Its a horrible pick.  completely unnecessary drew sample was probably shocked he was just taken.  noone ever had him as a mid 2nd rounder.  piss poor selection.

Because eifert was a myth, mostly. They're building up an offense that can protect a qb. Which is either going to be the pick in the next round or they're going to wait until next season.
Reply/Quote
WTF???? He is a 5th/6th round pick! He is the 9th best TE on Bruglar’s list. We gave Lock for a mediocre TE prospect? Are you shitting me? Why do we even do this? All that talent available and we take Junior Sample?

Hell, I could really get behind Jace S in the 3rd.

Goddam it this is depressing.

We can’t even add the goddam math for the trade numbers and lose 45 points.

Why don’t we just go for the real joke and trade the 3rd and 4th round picks for a bunch more 6th rounders! See the record! 12 —6th round picks!!

We don’t give two shits about winning.

New Day my ass.
Reply/Quote
I didnt think the pick was that great but people need to calm down. We are paper thin at TE and it seems we will be a run first team now. It's not that bad of a pick and just because mocks have this guy going later in the draft doesnt mean some other team would have let him slide to us in the 3rd or 4th round. When Mixon has 2k all purpose yards next year because he was running behind a much improved run blocking line people will forget about being so upset.
Reply/Quote
Hey Mr Sample... Nevermind the pissing and moaning. Get your ass out there and block the shit outta somebody.

He helps our shitty O line. I think it's a good pick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
should have taken winovich he will go to some "popular" team like the eagles
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:55 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: none of that explains why were are selecting a 4th round tight end who will be our 3rd string tight end who is strictly a blocking tight end in the second round lmao...typical bengals.  Its a horrible pick.  completely unnecessary drew sample was probably shocked he was just taken.  noone ever had him as a mid 2nd rounder.  piss poor selection.
Apparently the Bengals had a better grade then you or a bunch of writers
Reply/Quote
Drew Sample is one of the best blocking tight ends in the draft. This selection helps the offensive line immediately.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:56 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Oh wow...people were saying mack wilson is a reach.  We just took sample over quite a few tes that are better.  If we wanted a te shoulda took irv at 42.  We only got a 4 and a 6 to move down.  This was a really crappy pick.  Wouldent have minded knox if they wanted te but this was way early on sample

Bengals board had him higher so guess we will see. One thing you can;t say now is that our HC does not have voice in the draft room.. this is total Taylor printed pick in what he wants in the offense plus you could argue TE was as weak or more weak than LB coming into draft...
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Physical TE, strong blocker with the skill set that Zac Taylor is looking for.

Love the pick, we will use him like Heath Miller on the stool pitt....

Watched this guy play and he impressed me and stood out. I can only name a handful of players that did this last year at the college level and he was one of them, a trucking TE that has great hands.
Reply/Quote