Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Abu Daramy-Swaray!
Bengals signed Potsdam Royals (German Football League) CB Abu Daramy-Swaray, who participated in the team's rookie minicamp as a tryout player.

"Daramy-Swaray (5-9, 172) most recently played last season for the Potsdam Royals of the German Football League. He played in all 12 of the Royals' 2021 games, recording 39 tackles (34 solo), two interceptions and nine total passes defensed."

More CBs the better and this guy is also an Ohio native.
Reply/Quote
By the time I figure out how to say his name, he'll be gone.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 06:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: By the time I figure out how to say his name, he'll be gone.

Another guy with special teams experience KR and PR.
Reply/Quote
Isn't there a Potsdam College with a football team here in the United States?

And wasn't Potsdam one of the original teams in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 12:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Isn't there a Potsdam College with a football team here in the United States?

And wasn't Potsdam one of the original teams in the NFL?

There is a Potsdam NY which is the hometown of former NFL DE Trevor Scott.  And there is a college there (Potsdam State), but they don't have a football team.

And the original NFL team I was thinking of was not one of the original teams in 1920, but the Pottsville Maroons were one of the best teams in the league in '25 (10-2) and '26 (10-2-2).  In fact the scrappy boys from small-town Pennsylvania actually won the NFL Championship game against the big-city Chicago Cardinals and finished with the bets record in the league.  But the title was stripped by the NFL President because the Maroons had played an unauthorized game against a Notre Dame All-Star team that year.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 06:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: By the time I figure out how to say his name, he'll be gone.

He will always be Daramy-Shmaramy to me.
Reply/Quote

[Image: ee7ca94728d72f778bd2c2756b3e9aa0699d4ac8...9e6da7.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watched his highlights and, even though it's not against the best competition, he's a playmaker.

What really stood out to me is his footwork. Having played defensive back before I hit a tree, I can tell you his footwork is amazing and he has the technical part of playing DB down to a T. It's impressive to watch. He's a technician.
Reply/Quote
I'm down for learning this dude's name when he starts making an impact on special teams as a punt returner.
Reply/Quote
Bengals sign the Potsdam declaration.. Germany surrenders! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 02:46 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Watched his highlights and, even though it's not against the best competition, he's a playmaker.

What really stood out to me is his footwork. Having played defensive back before I hit a tree, I can tell you his footwork is amazing and he has the technical part of playing DB down to a T. It's impressive to watch. He's a technician.

Cool Brad, this helps and what Pulses said about him being a Returner to boot. Sounds like a nice pickup for depth and competition.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 12:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cool Brad, this helps and what Pulses said about him being a Returner to boot. Sounds like a nice pickup for depth and competition.

Yeah, like I said, he's a playmaker and I'm excited about him being a returner, but, like Chez said, you can never have too many corners and he looks natural in his movements. 

I like Charles Burks as the new cornerbacks coach and think he'll find a way to get Abu on the field and put him in a position to make plays.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 05:01 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, like I said, he's a playmaker and I'm excited about him being a returner, but, like Chez said, you can never have too many corners and he looks natural in his movements. 

I like Charles Burks as the new cornerbacks coach and think he'll find a way to get Abu on the field and put him in a position to make plays.

Rock On.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm going to really root for this guy.. he's listed at 5'7" 175, but the road he took to get his shot is pretty tough and impressive..

Watch this video.. Apparently they play in Jr High football stadiums in Germany.. LOL Kid seems to have some real instincts.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nice vid Gramps. Sure looks like a tough little dude alright, he is a hustler out there. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Just keep Marvin away from "the midget".. 

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 07:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just keep Marvin away from "the midget".. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote