Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Andrew billings!!!
Apparently to sources..

He dropped due to a knee issue/ability to play only 2 downs?

That's what I've read.

Although he looked good in the combine...?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000644185/2016-Combine-workout-Andrew-Billings
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:47 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Apparently to sources..

He dropped due to a knee issue/ability to play only 2 downs?

That's what I've read.

Although he looked good in the combine...?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000644185/2016-Combine-workout-Andrew-Billings

I just heard that about 2 downs...Perfect 4th round pick for us then...We rotate the heck out of the DL anyway...
Reply/Quote
I like what I see in that Combine video, looks very smooth for a BIG Guy.......even if he is a 2 down DT this is a great pick!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:52 PM)corpjet Wrote: I like what I see in that Combine video, looks very smooth for a BIG Guy.......even if he is a 2 down DT this is a great pick!

No kidding. We rotate our DL anyways.
Reply/Quote
I am going to have to call my doctor for having an erection that lasts for more than 4 hours after this pick.
Reply/Quote
Great pick We stole him at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:59 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Great pick We stole him at this point.

Geno was pick #120.

Peko was #123

Billings was #122
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 03:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Geno was pick #120.

Peko was #123

Billings was #122

Bengals take ________ DT #121.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Was shocked when I heard on the radio we got Billings in the 4th. Awesome
Reply/Quote
WELCOME BILLINGS!

Was callin for you in the first, don't care how we got yah.

Andrew Billings in stripes, me too happy to express. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, Walter Football gave our picks the following grades:

1. William Jackson - A-

The poor Bengals wanted a receiver badly. They had Josh Doctson atop their board, followed by Corey Coleman and William Fuller. They were all gone, so the Bengals had to look elsewhere. William Jackson is definitely not a bad consolation prize. As a matter of fact, I love the pick. William Jackson has both great film and unbelievable athleticism. There was some speculation that he could go as high as No. 11 to the Bears or No. 14 to the Raiders. Jackson's a great selection here, as he fills a big need in the secondary while providing good value.

2. Tyler Boyd - A

Tyler Boyd had some character concerns, so the Bengals taking him is hardly a surprise. That's not a knock on the team, as they've done incredibly well with such players over the years. I think Boyd will work out similarly, as he was the top-rated receiver (or perhaps tied with Michael Thomas) heading into Day 2. The Bengals obviously had to find a receiver after losing Marvin Jones and missing out on all of their first-round candidates (Josh Doctson, Corey Coleman, William Fuller), and they certainly obtained a good one.

3. Nick Vigil - C+

At least one team was set to draft Nick Vigil in the fourth round, but this isn't an egregious reach. Vigil is a solid player who should be able to contribute on special teams right away. He could eventually work his way into the starting lineup and replace Rey Maualuga, but I think the Bengals could've gone better with this choice.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades3.php#Zv0LBHQoRRTKjesB.99

4. Andrew Billings - A+

The best pick of Day 3 thus far. There's no reason Andrew Billings should've fallen out of the second round. He could've gone in the first as well, and it wouldn't have been a problem. No one seems to have any clue why Billings dropped, but the Bengals won't care. They obtained a great football player who could start sometime in the near future, taking the place of Domata Peko.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades4.php#6mPjhi541SOv2XVy.99
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just read on Bengals.com he benches 605 lbs and squats 805 lbs. Demands a double team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Still in disbelief we got him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 03:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Still in disbelief we got him.

Same here BD...

William Jackson III, Tyler Boyd and Andrew Billings all in the same draft i think would of been highly unrealistic in our mock draft forum. Wink
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 02:29 PM)Beaker Wrote: I love our DT group now! Atkins, Peko, Billings and DeShawn Williams. Awesome.
Don't forget Hardison.

We also have Sims and Thompson, but now I'm wondering if either makes it through training camp.
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport said it had nothing to do with character or injury, just that people saw him as a two down player. If that is the case...WHAT A STEAL. Unreal.

Reply/Quote
Pretty big steal here. Like it a lot more than that fifth round 4.7 linebacker in the third. I will just pretend they were taken in the opposite order they actually were. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This has been a great draft outside of the Virgil pick but Virgil could surprise us
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
This kid looks like a monster, hope he lives up to the potential.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: This has been a great draft outside of the Virgil pick but Virgil could surprise us

Maybe, but it smells of the Dre Kirkpatrick pick.

Oh, Richard Sherman is tall? Dre Kirkpatrick is tall!

Oh, Luke Kuechly is white? Virgil is white! (No shit, I tried to read up on him, and the first thing I found was how the Bengals "don't like to make comparisons, but see a little Kuechly in his game tape".)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote