Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Back - Brandon Wilson returns
Now this is a signing I can get behind. Even if it is one of our own. He's a dam* good kick returner and special teams ace. One of the few free agents we had I hoped we keep.

2 year deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Nice backup signing
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now this is a signing I can get behind. Even if it is one of our own. He's a dam* good kick returner and special teams ace. One of the few free agents we had I hoped we keep.

2 year deal.

Happy he's back depending on cost.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Dude can return kicks. Love it.

Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson is a special teams guy kick return and coverage teams solid depth signing. I wonder if they bring back Jordan Evans at league minimum for special teams and #5 or #6 linebacker. Evan's did have some nice reps in the defense but is a really solid special teams guy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Pun intended on the title?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I like this signing. It wasn't going to be awful if we didn't get it done (I'm not that bothered that Carter left for Miami. They seem to have a thing for our special teamers) but I'm glad we kept our kick returner.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now this is a signing I can get behind. Even if it is one of our own. He's a dam* good kick returner and special teams ace. One of the few free agents we had I hoped we keep.

2 year deal.

Brandon is probably our best ST'er and that is saying a lot. Simmons knew whats up when he picked Wilson.

Great news.

Another player I really liked that has lived up to my expectations and even exceeded them similar to Bates.
Reply/Quote
Was hoping he'd be back. Always nice to have a kick returner who is a legit threat.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 07:36 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Was hoping he'd be back. Always nice to have a kick returner who is a legit threat.

yes,  very good to hear and the dude can play safety in a pinch
Reply/Quote
When people had posts about "the only Bengals I'd keep" I always included Wilson. That was even before the return TD.
Reply/Quote
I'm very pleased with this move.
Reply/Quote
Always liked this kid. Good move.
Reply/Quote
Does this mean Erickson will not return?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Does this mean Erickson will not return?

Erickson is a Punt Returner, Wilson is a Kick Returner. Don't think this has any bearing on Erickson.
Reply/Quote
Thought for sure he would be poached. Really glad to have him back.

Now let him return punts too
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 10:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thought for sure he would be poached. Really glad to have him back.

Now let him return punts too

There must be a reason Simmons hasn't used Brandon on Punts much.

With the additions of Awuzie and Hilton maybe Phillips might be used on Punts. Great Punt Returner in college.
Reply/Quote
I'm surprised, but also happy, that he returned. Thought for sure some team would be willing to give him a shot at more defensive snaps.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 10:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There must be a reason Simmons hasn't used Brandon on Punts much.

With the additions of Awuzie and Hilton maybe Phillips might be used on Punts. Great Punt Returner in college.

But terrible with us.

I have a feeling they'll draft our new PR.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Glad to see him resigned.
Reply/Quote