Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Welcome Brad Robbins
(04-30-2023, 02:38 AM)basballguy Wrote: I must be a shitty fan because i thought the new kid was doing just fine at punter, lol.

He was asked to kick the ball out of bounds and he kicked it right down the middle on that final punt that led to KC's winning FG. He contributed to the AFC-C loss. Imagine all the hard work everyone puts in and someone doesn't or can't follow that direction lol. Season over.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 04:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Cool channel focused on Special Teams called Isaac Punts. I've seen several of his vids over the years and he does a pretty good job breaking down punters. He must be a former punter or a youth ST coach. Posted two weeks ago.

I saw this video. Made me VERY comfortable with the selection.
Reply/Quote
They all laughed when he said “Holy Fock”
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Even more impressive - he had ZERO touchbacks last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 11:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Even more impressive - he had ZERO touchbacks last year.

That's a huge strength. If he can do that here, our defense should feast.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 12:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He was asked to kick the ball out of bounds and he kicked it right down the middle on that final punt that led to KC's winning FG. He contributed to the AFC-C loss. Imagine all the hard work everyone puts in and someone doesn't or can't follow that direction lol. Season over.

I know I'm not the most informed Bengals fan but I'm shocked I didn't know this.  I guess because I unplugged from football media for a few weeks after the SB makes sense I didn't know.  With that said, I did some quick google searching and couldn't find anything immediate on this.  Is there something like a URL you can give me that references this?  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:55 AM)basballguy Wrote: I know I'm not the most informed Bengals fan but I'm shocked I didn't know this.  I guess because I unplugged from football media for a few weeks after the SB makes sense I didn't know.  With that said, I did some quick google searching and couldn't find anything immediate on this.  Is there something like a URL you can give me that references this?  

I'm not going to go back and research it a ton lol, it was a question asked in a press conference so you can probably find it! Zac didn't directly say where he should kick it but the reporter asked the question and you can tell by the way he answered.

Here's something where Chrisman punted it down the middle "expecting the wind to take it to the sidelines" so you can tell he was asked to kick to the sidelines:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/01/30/bengals-suffer-devastating-loss-in-afc-title-game-to-the-chiefs/69852169007/

He said "ideally that kick would go out of bounds", that is something a coach would tell him to do, maybe very poor execution.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I’m not remembering correctly but I recall the Michigan punter really hurt Ohio State this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:58 PM)pally Wrote:

Apparently Brad told Dan Hoard that he really did think it was a buddy pulling a prank and didn't really believe it until he saw/heard his name announced on TV

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 06:47 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Punter competition going on Chrisman is on notice.   Plus Bengals seem to like Michigan players.

Chrisman will be punted to the PS.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Chrisman will be punted to the PS.

If Robbins is the clear starter I'm guessing Chrisman is no longer a member of the Bengals at all. No need to use a practice squad spot on him if you've found your starter.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 10:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Robbins is the clear starter I'm guessing Chrisman is no longer a member of the Bengals at all. No need to use a practice squad spot on him if you've found your starter.

I agree with you on that. We will have a young punter in the starting position, no need for Chrisman on the PS. I’m liking Robbins’ approach at this point.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2023, 10:00 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Robbins is the clear starter I'm guessing Chrisman is no longer a member of the Bengals at all. No need to use a practice squad spot on him if you've found your starter.

There are 16 spots on the PS...plenty of room to stash a backup punter if it is decided they need to

To get a real competition in-game situation, we need them to punt plenty of times in pre-season games. So lets not try to score just so they can get lots of opportunities to punt

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 09:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

For fun, I ran a stopwatch, too. I got 4.96 seconds of hangtime and the punt was 40-45 yards. Hard to see where it was caught. Impressive. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 12:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He was asked to kick the ball out of bounds and he kicked it right down the middle on that final punt that led to KC's winning FG. He contributed to the AFC-C loss. Imagine all the hard work everyone puts in and someone doesn't or can't follow that direction lol. Season over.

His mistake. Of course, if the refs had been paying attention KC should still have started backed way up because they missed big time block in the back on the return. 
Reply/Quote