• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The full list of DC Options
Including some new names...

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2518/marquand-manuel
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Wrong link?? Unless the full list is just Marquand Manuel.
Reply/Quote
Anthony Pleasant - Rams DB coach
Marquand Manuel - ex- Falcons DC
Aaron Glenn - Saints DB coach
Todd Grantham - Florida DC
Mike Elko - Texas A&M DC
Reply/Quote
Any chance Taylor felt threatened by Del Rio?

Reply/Quote
Grantham and Pleasant are really the only 2 I would have an interest in. Leaning more towards Grantham.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 04:57 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Any chance Taylor felt threatened by Del Rio?

Could be he didn't get the idea that Del Rio would be too willing to be second banana. or maybe he didn't think JDR would coach the defense the way he wanted.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Pleasant, Glenn and Elko are my top three.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Grantham and Pleasant are really the only 2 I would have an interest in. Leaning more towards Grantham.

Elko had the 2nd best run stopping Defense in college. Sure wouldn't mind adding that element.
Reply/Quote
I'm leaning towards Grantham. At least he's called plays, and his Defenses seem good for the first couple years under him.

Someone on the coaching staff has to have called plays before. You'd think.

Grantham's dlines have always been strong, and hopefully with our OK db coaches coverage would tighten up helping his scheme. We seem to be shifting to the 3-4. So he can help ease that transition, and he's familiar with the division.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 08:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Elko had the 2nd best run stopping Defense in college. Sure wouldn't mind adding that element.

Only asking cause I don’t know, but where did the pass defense rank?

Reply/Quote
Losing Elko would be another tough hit for the Aggies. A&M's defense improved considerably in Elko's first season. The Aggies were 32nd nationally in total defense in 2018 and third in rushing defense, allowing just 95.2 rushing yards per game.

As of Jan. 14, Elko and four other A&M assistants had not reached contracts with the university. Therefore, it is unclear what Elko's potential buyout would be if he were to leave for another job.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2019/02/07/report-texas-am-dc-mike-elko-potential-candidate-cincinnati-bengals-dc-job
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:11 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Grantham and Pleasant are really the only 2 I would have an interest in. Leaning more towards Grantham.

Loved Grantham when he was at Louisville and even thought he would be a good HC one day. 

Louisville messed up firing him when Petrino threw him under bus for his own inadequacies. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 11:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Only asking cause I don’t know, but where did the pass defense rank?

As Pistons here notes, pretty damn good. Not as good against the pass but decent.

(02-09-2019, 08:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Losing Elko would be another tough hit for the Aggies. A&M's defense improved considerably in Elko's first season. The Aggies were 32nd nationally in total defense in 2018 and third in rushing defense, allowing just 95.2 rushing yards per game.

As of Jan. 14, Elko and four other A&M assistants had not reached contracts with the university. Therefore, it is unclear what Elko's potential buyout would be if he were to leave for another job.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/texasamaggies/2019/02/07/report-texas-am-dc-mike-elko-potential-candidate-cincinnati-bengals-dc-job
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:48 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Pleasant, Glenn and Elko are my top three.

Pleasant is my choice and I believe he will get hired!!!!!! :andy:
Reply/Quote
Wasnt Rex Ryan the DC for the Bearcats back in the day?

Carlos wonders.... 
Reply/Quote
Also, Cincy Jungle listed John Fox as one of Taylor's top prospects. Not seeing much said about him here though. Havent seen wheres he's declined or even what most fans think about the report that he's high on the list. Any insight? The best fans I've seen are on here. I learn a lot from the peoples here, fyi.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 04:49 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Also, Cincy Jungle listed John Fox as one of Taylor's top prospects. Not seeing much said about him here though. Havent seen wheres he's declined or even what most fans think about the report that he's high on the list. Any insight? The best fans I've seen are on here. I learn a lot from the peoples here, fyi.

Not sure how I would feel about John Fox.  On one hand, he's got 15 years of head coaching experience that would likely serve as a calming effect for a rookie HC.  On the other hand, he's more of an old school guy and nothing about him screams "innovative" or "cutting edge".  

After Jack Del Rio, the wow factor of all the candidates with "names you know", really took a nose dive.  It's looking more and more clear to me that the movement by the Bengals Management is to go with younger, modern thinkers with these coaching hires.  Right now, Aubrey Pleasant, or any of the College candidates like Grantham or Elko seem to be where our immediate future is at.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 05:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure how I would feel about John Fox.  On one hand, he's got 15 years of head coaching experience that would likely serve as a calming effect for a rookie HC.  On the other hand, he's more of an old school guy and nothing about him screams "innovative" or "cutting edge".  

After Jack Del Rio, the wow factor of all the candidates with "names you know", really took a nose dive.  It's looking more and more clear to me that the movement by the Bengals Management is to go with younger, modern thinkers with these coaching hires.  Right now, Aubrey Pleasant, or any of the College candidates like Grantham or Elko seem to be where our immediate future is at.

Im content with trying any of the three of those names. Pleasant is who I'd feel best about though. Seems like a really intelligent and passionate coach. Plus he was part of a game plan in the SB that pretty close to shut down Brady and the Patriots explosive offense. Coming from working under Wade Phillips is a very good thing.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 05:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Im content with trying any of the three of those names. Pleasant is who I'd feel best about though. Seems like a really intelligent and passionate coach. Plus he was part of a game plan in the SB that pretty close to shut down Brady and the Patriots explosive offense. Coming from working under Wade Phillips is a very good thing.

I agree, Phillips doesn't pick too many slouches for his position coaches.  Albeit a very small glimpse, I was impressed with seeing a little of Pleasant in action, in that OTA video where he's getting animated while coaching the guys up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope it's Marquand Manuel his coaching style is perfect for what our players do best. Cover one press and cover 3 press. Hopefully we draft and sign good LBers to improve the Defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote