Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Cedric Johnson
ESPN says he has the size and talent to have been dominate at Ole Miss, but he just wasn't. An edge rusher on D Line that maybe Bengals can coach up and get more out of his size and talent. Worth a shot in round 6. Talent and Size, and should have been more dominate in college. Somebody for Bengals D Coaches to work with.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Crazy RAS scores, another pick with great upside. A theme is going on here, I am just glad we got more sure things in Newton and
McLachlan late. Cannot go all upside without some players who are just good at football, that is Newton and McLachlan.
Reply/Quote
Big boy. What was the knock on his lack of productivity in college?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:53 PM)wanga Wrote: Big boy. What was the knock on his lack of productivity in college?

Needs a lot of technique work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Needs a lot of technique work.

Cheers. Well he’ll get that for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:53 PM)wanga Wrote: Big boy. What was the knock on his lack of productivity in college?

Kid was a rising star as a 17 year old freshman and as a very young sophomore, he just never took the next step.  He is still only 21, Bengals love young edge rushers.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So Dontay Moch or Taylor Mays “Let’s hope this athlete learns how to play football”?

I’ll take that in the 6th
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I really like this pick. I think this player in particular will benefit from having talent at DT next to him. I think he has a higher ceiling than projected in the draft evaluation process.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:21 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I really like this pick. I think this player in particular will benefit from having talent at DT next to him. I think he has a higher ceiling than projected in the draft evaluation process.

Sounds like Jeff Gunter 2.0
Reply/Quote
It feels like they're drafting athletes over football players.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:04 PM)pally Wrote:

Hate to say it, but Jackson sounded like he ate too many edibles and was about to pass out on his call.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Hate to say it, but Jackson sounded like he ate too many edibles and was about to pass out on his call.  

Nothing wrong with some lovely edibles and I don't even touch'em lol

Just lovely. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Hey I got 1:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-s-your-Day-3-Targets?pid=1477733#pid1477733
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It feels like they're drafting athletes over football players.

They are doubling down on the coaching staff. Who have done OK developing players outside of Pollack. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Watched more of him and he’s an athletic beast

If he gets a line to the QB he’s fast enough to get there more times than not but can he get that line to the QB consistently?

Seems like he’ll have to develop a good move to even START becoming serviceable.

If he somehow develops a go to move or 2 i could actually see him being something solid
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 07:23 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Sounds like Jeff Gunter 2.0

Gunter isn't terrible, he shows good things in preseason.

Hope Cedric does that and more and becomes great or Gunter does the same.

(04-27-2024, 11:04 PM)Housh Wrote: Watched more of him and he’s an athletic beast

If he gets a line to the QB he’s fast enough to get there more times than not but can he get that line to the QB consistently?

Seems like he’ll have to develop a good move to even START becoming serviceable.

If he somehow develops a go to move or 2 i could actually see him being something solid

Good, thanks, I will be watching some film of Cedric Johnson myself in a bit.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure this guy makes the 53 with the following DL ahead of him already, but I think he's a shoe-in for the PS.

DE: Hendrickson, Hubbard, Murphy, Ossai, Sample
DT: Rankins, Hill, Jenkins, Jackson, Carter/Tufele
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t say 5 DT’s are a given

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Kid was a rising star as a 17 year old freshman and as a very young sophomore, he just never took the next step.  He is still only 21, Bengals love young edge rushers.

I think this is a PS guy. Ossai, & C. Sample are FAs after this year. An upside pick for sure. Hubbard should help him.
Reply/Quote