Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome LB Akeem Davis-Gaither
(04-25-2020, 02:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In one calendar year, the Bengals have effectively ovehauled the LB room.  For far too long, the middle of the field has been a virtual playground for opposing QBs to make plays and extend drives.  Let's hope that this young, fast, and talented group makes the underneath a "no fly zone".  Kudos to the team for addressing what has been the primary defensive weakness on this team, for years.

You have some long arm DEs like Dunlap and Hubbard.  Add in some sticky LBs.  Throw in a mix of DBs that have great speed.  The defense could look night and day compared to the unit from last year.  

Underneath "no fly zone".  Love it...Let's hope when teams do try to fly this year that it leads to something this defense has sorely lacked:  turnovers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ross we knew was an injury risk. Jonah we did not - it was a freak injury and just bad luck. They say ADG checked out medically; right now we need to wait and see. I would note that unlike the other situations we drafted and signed a lot of LBers so even if ADG needs a little more time it is not a disaster.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like they had no concern with any health/injury issues concerning John Ross or Jonah Williams?

Hmm

Taylor wasn't here when we drafted Ross, yes he had injury concerns.

There were no injury concerns with Jonah from what I am aware of when we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
Had another one pop up in my suggestions

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
When we are playing a 4-3 at times I sure like ADG at WILL man. I like how he drops into coverage naturally just like
Pratt and Logan Wilson, I just like Pratt and Wilson better in the tackling department cause they have some weight to
them and can tackle bigger players. ADG just looks like a better pass rusher than these guys.

Could see ADG in a 4-3 or 3-4 hybrid nickel a lot maybe even as a rookie with his skills barring injuries.
Reply/Quote
ADG is potentially the stealnof the draft. This kids measurables and ceiling are off the charts. Some draftnils even had him with a 2nd round grade which I agree with fully. Amazing that he dropped to us as far back as he did.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2020, 09:16 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Had another one pop up in my suggestions

I was hoping that they would see his value, and they did! This kid is mentally tough. He has tremendous athleticism and his frame allows for another 10-15 pounds, without loosing his athletic advantage. Military kid, and they got him exactly where I thought they might. The stars aligned, for a change. I couldn't be happier! He will make plays for the team. He's a competitor at any weight. Our LB corps is hella better.
Reply/Quote
Really like this pick

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2020, 11:59 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I was hoping that they would see his value, and they did! This kid is mentally tough. He has tremendous athleticism and his frame allows for another 10-15 pounds, without loosing his athletic advantage. Military kid, and they got him exactly where I thought they might. The stars aligned, for a change. I couldn't be happier! He will make plays for the team. He's a competitor at any weight. Our LB corps is hella better.

Hope so, that would be great. He is a bit on the light side for a LB at around only 220 pounds.

I still keep shaking my head that out of all the Linebackers we could of picked we picked two of the guys I wanted most.

Was talking up both ADG and Wilson big time prior to the Draft.

Bailey ain't no punk either and could be a major steal in the 7th.

I think these new coaches know how to pick Linebackers. Pratt I think was a great pick last year.

(05-08-2020, 01:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Really like this pick

Same, I like all the picks but ADG could be special with his athleticism, ability to drop into coverage and pass rush skills.

Like Coach says, he just needs to gain some weight and be able to tackle big RB's and TE's.
Reply/Quote