Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome LB Akeem Davis-Gaither
In one calendar year, the Bengals have effectively ovehauled the LB room. For far too long, the middle of the field has been a virtual playground for opposing QBs to make plays and extend drives. Let's hope that this young, fast, and talented group makes the underneath a "no fly zone". Kudos to the team for addressing what has been the primary defensive weakness on this team, for years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In one calendar year, the Bengals have effectively ovehauled the LB room. For far too long, the middle of the field has been a virtual playground for opposing QBs to make plays and extend drives. Let's hope that this young, fast, and talented group makes the underneath a "no fly zone". Kudos to the team for addressing what has been the primary defensive weakness on this team, for years.

Yep. It’s going to be harder to run on us, and harder to dump it off to RB’s and TE’s in the middle of the field. We’ve been screaming to address both for years.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love this pick. Between ADG, Wilson, and Pratt, our LB group is staring to come together.

Speed, tackling, and instincts...The two new guys each racked up over 100 tackles last year for their teams.  And the slower of the two runs a 4.62 forty at 241 lbs.  Pratt ran a 4.57 for comparison and really started to come on last year.  The key piece that is going to make all these LBs work is the addition of Reader in the middle of the defense.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. It’s going to be harder to run on us, and harder to dump it off to RB’s and TE’s in the middle of the field. We’ve been screaming to address both for years.

Yes, I can accept our defense getting beat by strong execution, great athletes make plays.  But the giving up of the easy, underneath stuff has been infuriating to watch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Both Wilson & Gaither would have been 2nd RD picks in Normal Drafts. Bengals get two studs who fit the defense a T.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm happy that the Bengals will actually have a modern day LB group instead of Marvin's throwback downhill thumpers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My man! This draft is making Coach a very happy camper. LB is no longer a team weakness.
Reply/Quote
I am for real loving this draft more and more. They are nailing it..
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:21 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know a TON of Bengals fans would have been thrilled with him at 65, so getting him a round later is just incredible value.

We have successfully rebuilt our LB corp! I haven't felt more positive about our ability to cover TEs in...

...maybe ever. We got real speed and instincts at LB now.

True that CJD, we got ADG lol

Definitely went BPA and got a great OLB that can also rush the passer very well. With Pratt, Wilson, ADG and Bynes we sitting
pretty at Linebacker all of a sudden. Pretty crazy, was for both these guys and for Pratt last season, it is like the coaches are 
thinking the same way we have been thinking this Draft.

Who Dey, great Draft. Rock On 

Defense is stacked man.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:53 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Bengals are finally joining the rest of the NFL with what to do with the LB position.  Speed, speed,  and more speed.   A+ draft. Hopefully we see some trades the rest of the day.   Gabe Jackson on the block.  Let's get Dalton moved for something.

I am thinking there is some plan for a Guard out there and a vet OT like Peters to come in after the Draft.

Especially after the Kareem pick, damn Cowboys jumped right in front of us and grabbed our guy Biadasz pretty sure.
Reply/Quote
Stress fracture surgery and playing bone on bone with knee so not great news if that’s true.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Pally just posted a tweet saying no concerns about ADG health he was check out at the combine or they wouldnt have drafted him.

I've been a huge ADG fan through the process because he is versatile. He's a STAR linebacker meaning hes a 34 outside linebacker but he can line up man to man over split ends and slot receivers, he can play off the line and attack gaps in the run game, and rush the passer off the edge.

He's a great pick to matchup with the Ravens and Steelers multiple TE looks.

(04-25-2020, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote:

(04-25-2020, 02:15 PM)Synric Wrote:
I'm guessing the knee thing was BS.

The bone on bone is BS as is shown here Lou says he has no concerns about any healthy/injury issues with Davis-Gaither.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Any concern with his knee? Seeing "bone on bone" being thrown around on Twitter.

Twitter, that bastion of pure truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: Twitter, that bastion of pure truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Yeah, was going to say this lol
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The bone on bone is BS as is shown here Lou says he has no concerns about any healthy/injury issues with Davis-Gaither.

Just like they had no concern with any health/injury issues concerning John Ross or Jonah Williams?

Hmm
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like they had no concern with any health/injury issues concerning John Ross or Jonah Williams?

Hmm

Is this what you’re going to be like going forward now with both Andy and Marvin gone? Because you used to be a counterbalance to all the negativity...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 12:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this what you’re going to be like going forward now with both Andy and Marvin gone? Because you used to be a counterbalance to all the negativity...

Look at it this way.  I am consistent in being a counter balance to all extreme positions.  The only difference is that most of the positions here used to be negative and now they are positive.

I haven't changed.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like they had no concern with any health/injury issues concerning John Ross or Jonah Williams?

Hmm

I did a little digging into the report which is 1 mention by a nobody radio guy for TheFan in Dallas. (Not even the main radio host but one of his other guys he talks too.)

The night of day 2 he tweeted that Akeem Davis-Gaither was at the top of his board in round 3 and also tweeted that he would trade back into round 3 to get him. The next morning he said the "bone to bone" thing on the radio and tweeted it.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 01:22 PM)Synric Wrote: I did a little digging into the report which is 1 mention by a nobody radio guy for TheFan in Dallas. (Not even the main radio host but one of his other guys he talks too.)

The night of day 2 he tweeted that Akeem Davis-Gaither was at the top of his board in round 3 and also tweeted that he would trade back into round 3 to get him. The next morning he said the "bone to bone" thing on the radio and tweeted it.

But he just had surgery for the stress fracture in his foot 4 weeks ago and has not even healed yet.  How could they possibly know if that will be  a problem or not.
Reply/Quote