Welcome LB Logan Wilson
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seems like our Linebacker picks have gotten much better under Taylor than the LB whisperer...

Odell Thurman + Vontaz Burfict were pretty damn good wouldn't you say?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:18 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm a HUGE fan of this pick. I've put him in many mock drafts (have, usually in the 4th). His ability to cover as a linebacker is amazing and without sacrificing capability against the run.

What a draft. I got my favorite WR available at 33 (and didn't reach for Mims) and then I got one of my favorite linebacker prospects in the 3rd.

I'm thinking Prince Tega Wanogho in the 4th and then maybe a John Simpson or Solomon Kindley type in the 5th.

What an incredible first two days of the 2020 draft!

Feel the exact same CJD about these first 3 picks. Your Linebacker thoughts and mine are pretty much on par.

Didn't watch the middle of the 3rd so I probably missed a few of our guys go off the board. 

Is Runyan or Stenberg still around?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:25 AM)J24 Wrote: Odell Thurman + Vontaz Burfict were pretty damn good wouldn't you say?

Comp pick and UDFA don't count to me. Good job Paulie G with Vontaze though...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:27 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Comp pick and UDFA don't count to me. Good job Paulie G with Vontaze though...

Odell wasn't a comp pick, he was our 2nd rounder. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:26 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the exact same CJD about these first 3 picks. Your Linebacker thoughts and mine are pretty much on par.

Didn't watch the middle of the 3rd so I probably missed a few of our guys go off the board. 

Is Runyan or Stenberg still around?

There's still a metric ton of meat on the offensive line bone. 

Tyler Biadasz
Nick Harris
Saahdiq Charles
Prince Tega Wanogho 
Matt Peart
Ben Bartch
Netane Muti
Jack Driscoll
Logan Stenberg
Ben Bredeson
John Simpsn
Jon Runyan (although I don't see him as a 4th rounder, personally)

Only 9 picks before our selection, so one of them is there guaranteed. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:29 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Odell wasn't a comp pick, he was our 2nd rounder. 

Ahhh, forgot. Guess that was the dude Ahmad Brooks that went to the Niners and played well I am thinking of.

Still, hardly a shiny resume for the so called QB whisperer after all those years.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's still a metric ton of meat on the offensive line bone. 

Tyler Biadasz
Nick Harris
Saahdiq Charles
Prince Tega Wanogho 
Matt Peart
Ben Bartch
Netane Muti
Jack Driscoll
Logan Stenberg
Ben Bredeson
John Simpson

Awesome, man I like about all those guys. Crazy they are all still around.

Really like Biadasz, Charles, Bartch, Stenberg, Peart, Bredeson and Simpson.

And there is nothing I don't like too much about the rest either LMAO!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:34 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There's still a metric ton of meat on the offensive line bone. 

Tyler Biadasz
Nick Harris
Saahdiq Charles
Prince Tega Wanogho 
Matt Peart
Ben Bartch
Netane Muti
Jack Driscoll
Logan Stenberg
Ben Bredeson
John Simpsn

Forgot about Bredeson. That's gotta be the guy. Turner was in love with him at the Senior Bowl.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:37 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, man I like about all those guys. Crazy they are all still around.

Really like Biadasz, Charles, Bartch, Stenberg, Peart, Bredeson and Simpson.

And there is nothing I don't like too much about the rest either LMAO!!! Cool

If Muti passed physicals at the combine, I LOVE his tape but taking such a big injury risk is scary. Give me PTW. He's the perfect zone blocking RT for us, in my pinion. 

Peart was just taken :-(

The guards I think will last another round for us so my targets would be PTW at 107 and Simpson at 147.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:39 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Forgot about Bredeson. That's gotta be the guy. Turner was in love with him at the Senior Bowl.

Might be so, but they also saw Mims at the Senior Bowl and he played well and they took Tee instead.

(04-25-2020, 12:41 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If Muti passed physicals at the combine, I LOVE his tape but taking such a big injury risk is scary. Give me PTW. He's the perfect zone blocking RT for us, in my pinion. 

Peart was just taken :-(

The guards I think will last another round for us so my targets would be PTW at 107 and Simpson at 147.

Would like this with Thaddeus Moss in there somewhere, probably at 147 with him coming off of foot surgery and all.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was pushing for my Wyoming broth big time and it wasn't just cause he was from U-Dub.

Dude is a 3 down Linebacker that is a great tackler, light on his feet and can cover with great instincts.

Great grab in the 3rd round, love it man. Great Draft so far. Liked the Higgins pick as well.

Congrats.Nate. Add that jersey to your collection!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:36 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Congrats.Nate. Add that jersey to your collection!

I just might, but I will go after a Burrow jersey first Shady. Joe

All my sisters and brother in law went to U-Dub though so they just might get a Logan Wilson Bengals jersey for me before that.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:25 PM)pally Wrote: He was a targeted pick.  Zac was thrilled to get him
I'm gaining more and more faith in Zac!
(04-24-2020, 11:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I actively tried to get him in pretty much every mock I've done for the last month.  

A+ draft so far.

He's not a thumper, but I think he's perfect for the new NFL because he can play the center of the field and defend the pass but is fast enough to make plays and can lay the wood!

GREAT PICK BY THE STAFF!  

It's AMAZING to have a head coach with a coaching staff that knows how to evaluate talent!
Reply/Quote
Here's some of what I'm talking about!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 01:41 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just might, but I will go after a Burrow jersey first Shady. Joe

All my sisters and brother in law went to U-Dub though so they just might get a Logan Wilson Bengals jersey for me before that.

Yeah, I ordered an orange Burrow jersey last night. $30 from China. It might get here before training camp opens.  Hilarious
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:03 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Yeah, I ordered an orange Burrow jersey last night. $30 from China. It might get here before training camp opens.  Hilarious

Be sure to disinfect that puppy before handling it. 
I hope Wilson gets a cool number so I can grab a jersey!   Hoping #51
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:25 PM)pally Wrote: He was a targeted pick.  Zac was thrilled to get him

I'm glad Bengals addressed one huge weak area, Linebacker.  They still haven't addressed huge weak area Offensive Line.  Hopefully first pick in 4 on Saturday.  There are still some good Blockers on the board such as Clemson guard John Simpson nominated for Outland Trophy.  

If we can get LB Tackling and O LINE Blocking by first pick in 4, I'll be happy.   They really need to address the worst O Line in NFL now, so bad they tried to use Andre Smith.  Burrow needs some Blocking or he will get very injured early like Carson Palmer. 

The LB at top of 3 is like a Round 2 LB. An O Lineman top of 4 is like a Round 3 Blocker. If Bengals address these 2 giant weaknesses by first pick in 4. they will have made moves to climb out of Last Place in AFC North last 2 seasons.

Taking a LB and next a Blocker will free up picks 5, 6, and 7 for other needs. Bengals have really stunk at O Line and LB as worst in NFL and that's why team has been worst in NFL last few years. They needed this LB more than Burrow really. Now go get Blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Tyler Biadasz
Nick Harris
Saahdiq Charles
Prince Tega Wanogho 
Matt Peart
Ben Bartch
Netane Muti
Jack Driscoll
Logan Stenberg
Ben Bredeson
John Simpsn

Peart is gone
Reply/Quote
As I listened to the interview and he gets disconnected because coach Duffner is calling him and no one has the sense to say...oh we should postpone this conference call and let you get that call from your coach...

As for the pick, seems like a good move, position of need, mixed with a player ranking that was right around the area he was taken, not sure why there would be any complaints.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote