Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome LB Logan Wilson
(04-25-2020, 02:58 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: As I listened to the interview and he gets disconnected because coach Duffner is calling him and no one has the sense to say...oh we should postpone this conference call and let you get that call from your coach...

As for the pick, seems like a good move, position of need, mixed with a player ranking that was right around the area he was taken, not sure why there would be any complaints.

There should be no complaints with our first 3 picks. It’s one thing not getting the guys you wanted (I really liked Pittman), but we did not reach, and addressed major needs. All 3 guys should contribute immediately. Best I’ve felt about a draft in years tbh.

If we can get some OL in 4-7 to be competition I’ll be happy with Taylor’s 2nd draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Logan Wilson is a true linebacker. I am very happy with this pick.

I'm happy we got a linebacker at all since Baltimore seems determined to draft ALL of them.   Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Welcome Mr. Wilson
Reply/Quote
After watching two full game tape of this guy now I’m kinda luke warm about the pick. He doesn’t shed blocks very well , and he does miss tackles more than he should. Positives is he does seem to play zone coverage very well he will be our Nickle backer but he’s definitely not a big bruising tackling machine he was made out to be. I would still want Akeem Davis Gaither here.
Reply/Quote
So I'm assuming we will keep Bynes in the middle, with Wilson and Pratt at WILL and SAM. Who lines up where?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:25 AM)J24 Wrote: Odell Thurman + Vontaz Burfict were pretty damn good wouldn't you say?

Yeah.  That's about 1 good LB every 9.5 years for Marvin.  Pretty damn bad wouldn't you say?
Reply/Quote
So is Logan going to be tasked with shutting down Lamar Jackson? One hell of a way to start your career.
Reply/Quote
THE GOVERNOR!

Love this pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So is Logan going to be tasked with shutting down Lamar Jackson? One hell of a way to start your career.

He can’t be any worse than Vigil was. Truly one of the most embarrassing lowlights I’ve ever seen a Bengal on.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:23 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I really like Lap but I understand Wilson, dude has had a crazy day. Probably just wants to talk to his fam and get to 
sleep. He can answer these types of questions later.

Looks like a good pick and maybe a little Luke Kuechly in him? That said, I think we should keep drafting LBS and Akeem Davis Gaither I believe is still there in round 4. Also, lets not let Ravens, Steelers and Browns stockpile all the LB talent..Ravens are reloading bigtime...admittedly I like the way they . Its like a Great White Sharks row of teeth, one falls out and another one is ready.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Looks like a good pick and maybe a little Luke Kuechly in him? That said, I think we should keep drafting LBS and Akeem Davis Gaither I believe is still there in round 4. Also, lets not let Ravens, Steelers and Browns stockpile all the LB talent..Ravens are reloading bigtime...admittedly I like the way they . Its like a Great White Sharks row of teeth, one falls out and another one is ready.

Completely agree. Grabbing another one in the 4th would be a smart move, imo.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seems like our Linebacker picks have gotten much better under Taylor than the LB whisperer...

Yeah, right, because Logan Wilson has played so great in the NFL. Rolleyes   I have not seen the draft experts around here so excited over a LB since P J Dawson.

Let's pump the brakes a bit here.  Last year at this time Zac was giving Preston Brown a three year extension.

I really like this pick.  I was calling for a LB at #33 and I like Wilson's resume.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:07 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Welcome Mr. Wilson

He prefers "Logan"

[Image: two-featurettes-for-the-wolverine-logan-...age%2Fjpeg]
Reply/Quote
If he can run sideways, then he will be an upgrade from any LB we currently have. Having teams stuff it down the sides 2 seasons in a row is unforgivable.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready for us to fire Duke Tobin..he doesnt know talent.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Time will tell on Logan, but he seems like a good pick to me. High motor, instinctive guy.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'm ready for us to fire Duke Tobin..he doesnt know talent.

The more highlights n game film I'm watching on this guy.   The more I don't like the pick...    he's better than Vigil I believe n can play zone coverage.     As far as downhill thumper like Murray, Brooks, he is not.   More like Vigil in that respect .   We were 2 pick a away from Willie Gay Jr who just explodes off the screen   damn .
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So I'm assuming we will keep Bynes in the middle, with Wilson and Pratt at WILL and SAM. Who lines up where?

We are a 3-4 D now, we don't have SAM and WILL.  MLB, ILB and OLB now.  Will be running tons of nickel and dime meaning only 1 or 2LBers on the field at all.  I know it is a hybrid but LBer will be different this year.  2 LBers with Williams, Bates and Bell on the filed and 4 DL with ends like Hubbard and Lawson able to drop in coverage (LBers) but still DEs.  Just my opinion but I do not think that LBer was a super high priority that others thought on here.  A 3 or 4 LBer set will be very limited (meaning true LBers like Pratt, Bynes, Wilson and so on).
Reply/Quote
Are people really talking about firing Tobin? Lol

His picks are grading out very well so far. You guys are too much.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:43 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Just my opinion but I do not think that LBer was a super high priority that others thought on here.  

I agree that we will usually see just two true LBs on the filed at the same time, but I felt the position was still a huge need because Bynes is not very good.
Reply/Quote