Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome LB Logan Wilson
(04-25-2020, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that we will usually see just two true LBs on the filed at the same time, but I felt the position was still a huge need because Bynes is not very good.
Just took Gaithers...OLB, small and fast....almost a tweener and  6'1" and 224...looking for speed and coverage I guess
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 10:18 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Yeah.  That's about 1 good LB every 9.5 years for Marvin.  Pretty damn bad wouldn't you say?

No I would not say that @ all. Rey M was decent, Rivers was distant, he signed Howard who was good, and Brandon Johnson was also a good free agent.  We had a good run of LBers for a while until Vontaz got hurt/suspended.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wow, this kids highlight reel is unbelievable.  Plays alot like Luke Kuekly or however you spell it.. Has a nose for the ball and great in coverage. It's crazy how alot of these new Safety LBs specialize in man coverage...
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:43 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Looks like a good pick and maybe a little Luke Kuechly in him? That said, I think we should keep drafting LBS and Akeem Davis Gaither I believe is still there in round 4. Also, lets not let Ravens, Steelers and Browns stockpile all the LB talent..Ravens are reloading bigtime...admittedly I like the way they . Its like a Great White Sharks row of teeth, one falls out and another one is ready.

Good call brother, pretty cool getting ADG after Logan.

Bailey could be great too, sure didn't ignore the LB problem that is for sure, love all the picks.

And I like Bynes, unlike this guy....

(04-25-2020, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, right, because Logan Wilson has played so great in the NFL. Rolleyes   I have not seen the draft experts around here so excited over a LB since P J Dawson.

Let's pump the brakes a bit here.  Last year at this time Zac was giving Preston Brown a three year extension.

I really like this pick.  I was calling for a LB at #33 and I like Wilson's resume.  

Way to leave out Germaine Pratt Fred. Thanks for another useless post you Zac, Pratt, Wilson hater. Whatever
Reply/Quote
I suspect we are going to see more 4-3 sets than they have been letting on. And even some more traditional 3-4 sets. That is why they are loading up on LB prospects and we will probably keep at least 6.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: I suspect we are going to see more 4-3 sets than they have been letting on. And even some more traditional 3-4 sets. That is why they are loading up on LB prospects and we will probably keep at least 6.

Anything is possible, love it.

Seeing much more 3-3-5 sets too with possibly Gaither playing some Safety with Vonn and Bates.

Shawn is the question in my eyes, I am seeing a trade happening on the horizon with Shawn and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: I suspect we are going to see more 4-3 sets than they have been letting on. And even some more traditional 3-4 sets. That is why they are loading up on LB prospects and we will probably keep at least 6.

I say do whatever gets the most speed and instincts on the field. 

I do have concerns about starting multiple rookies out there, but what can you really do in this case?

Trial by fire. There will be some rough times without a doubt, but hopefully these guys can gel and become a decent unit by the latter half of the year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: .Way to leave out Germaine Pratt Fred. Thanks for another useless post you Zac, Pratt, Wilson hater. Whatever

I think you know I like Pratt, but I did not leave him out.  I just know there are at least a dozen LBs who had better seasons under Marvin than Pratt had last year
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you know I like Pratt, but I did not leave him out.  I just know there are at least a dozen LBs who had better seasons under Marvin than Pratt had last year

Well the Linebacker whisperer sure had enough time to get them...
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:25 AM)J24 Wrote: Odell Thurman + Vontaz Burfict were pretty damn good wouldn't you say?

This is an interesting point:  Look at that talent, but what about the character?  Zac seems to want to get high-character guys to build a good team culture where Marv and co. always seemed to try and take shortcuts...get talent with character concerns in later rounds.  
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 10:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is an interesting point:  Look at that talent, but what about the character?  Zac seems to want to get high-character guys to build a good team culture where Marv and co. always seemed to try and take shortcuts...get talent with character concerns in later rounds.  

Or undrafted (Burfict) or reclamation projects (Pacman). But tbf Marvin did want to wash his hands of Chris Henry when they brought him back. I guess it just depended on if you were one “his” guys (mainly defense).

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:30 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: The more highlights n game film I'm watching on this guy.   The more I don't like the pick...    he's better than Vigil I believe n can play zone coverage.     As far as downhill thumper like Murray, Brooks, he is not.   More like Vigil in that respect .   We were 2 pick a away from Willie Gay Jr who just explodes off the screen   damn .

Wilson is my favorite pick not named Burrow....Hang in there and give him a chance.  But you are right about Gay...that was the LB I really coveted.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 11:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He can cover and has good hands to pick QB's and is very instinctive. What we needed at LB besides Pratt.

My only concern is coming from such a small school which is why I wasn't for taking him at 33.

Will take time for a dude from Wyoming to switch to the pro game.

But he is a damn good talent to add to the QB room along with Bynes teaching both Pratt and Wilson up.

Yes too bad Jim Haslett is not here to coach them up still we will have to settle for Bynes. lol joking Nate do not pop a vein in your head...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 12:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are people really talking about firing Tobin? Lol

His picks are grading out very well so far. You guys are too much.

Question, just so I can look into it myself. When did Tobin start running our drafts?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 12:32 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Question, just so I can look into it myself. When did Tobin start running our drafts?

I think Tobin first war room was in his moms womb..thats how long hes been around...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 12:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes too bad Jim Haslett is not here to coach them up still we will have to settle for Bynes. lol joking Nate do not pop a vein in your head...

Bout did LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(05-01-2020, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bout did LMAO!!! Hilarious

What?  That mellow looking dude in the picture with the guitar could pop a vein in his head? I don't think so. Even if the topic was Haslett.  
Reply/Quote