Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Matt Lee
(04-27-2024, 08:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not really.

[Image: Ftin9gmXwAAWnW4.jpg:large]

[Image: Fq0Wm0lWwAIaj0d.jpg:large]

[Image: Fs1EguaWYAEFD8X.jpg:large]

That’s 3 of the 7 picks (not counting a punter) that didn’t score that high in RAS.

Seems like it was pretty much every pick this year outside of Jackson.

And Kent has consistently stated that his RAS formula for NTs is the only one that is flawed and he needs to rework it going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He a year or 2 away or could push for a spot already in Volson spot or even center and slide Karras out? That seems like a task this early though.
Reply/Quote
Hmm...I never thought about Lee at Guard.

I think the Bengals like Volson.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hmm...I never thought about Lee at Guard.

I think the Bengals like Volson.

Asked Jake Liscow from Locked on Bengals and he responded saying that he’s definitely a C so maybe we get Karras at LG?

Volson is gonna be hard for a rookie to beat out
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:47 AM)Housh Wrote: Asked Jake Liscow from Locked on Bengals and he responded saying that he’s definitely a C so maybe we get Karras at LG?

Only was Lee plays this year is injuries I'd say.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:47 AM)Housh Wrote: Asked Jake Liscow from Locked on Bengals and he responded saying that he’s definitely a C so maybe we get Karras at LG?

Yep would’ve thought so. No chance of beating Karras at C then either. Still, gives some decent looking depth for now. 
Reply/Quote
I think he needs to pack on about 10 -15 pounds of muscle. AFCN has some big uglies on the other side of the line...
Reply/Quote
Solid pick I wonder why he slid so far.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 08:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Last year was close with the guys you named, but it was more this year.

I will again mention the skewing that happens with NTs. They should have a seperate category.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 03:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Perfect future pass protecting Center for Joe.

Get in the weight room Matt and get good at run blocking and we have a very special player.
Reply/Quote
Looks like a weight/ strength issue at the next level. Listed at 300lbs and apparently weighed 288lbs at the East-West Shrine Bowl. Good chance to make the roster tho. Trey Hill stinks at some point last year Max Scharping was active over him as the backup center a position he’s barley played. Hill’s had zero competition as a backup his entire tenure as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
He looks the the C version of Jonah Williams to me. Not the biggest, technically sound, lunch pail type. His face in a helmet looks like Jonah
Reply/Quote
Judging from reading his scouting and combine report, Lee has good pass pro technique given his lack of NFL mass. If this guy can add 20-30# of mass and translate that playing strength, he could develop into a decent player down the road.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well as Karras ages hopefully Lee is prepared and good enough to transition into the starting C role. If not, then they'll need to sign a FA or draft a new C.
Reply/Quote