Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Renell Wren To Bengals
No feed back on the live broadcast from this pick don’t know much about this guy. Has great size hopefully he works out the Bengals have had found good value in this round on the DL with guys like Geno, Peko, Lawson and Glasgow.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Not a huge fan of this pick he's a nose tackle but we need a 3T.

What's not to like about a 4th round guy that can play either 1 or 3 technique?  That initial punch when he's in 1 tech, kinda disrupts the whole idea of double teaming him.  Personally, I like the idea of putting him next to Billings on 3rd and short..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:09 PM)lone bengal Wrote: No feed back on the live broadcast from this pick don’t know much about this guy. Has great size hopefully he works out the Bengals have had found good value in this round on the DL with guys like Geno, Peko, Lawson and Glasgow.

You leave out Billings?!!!

(04-27-2019, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's not to like about a 4th round guy that can play either 1 or 3 technique?  That initial punch when he's in 1 tech, kinda disrupts the whole idea of double teaming him.  Personally, I like the idea of putting him next to Billings on 3rd and short..

YES!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's not to like about a 4th round guy that can play either 1 or 3 technique?  That initial punch when he's in 1 tech, kinda disrupts the whole idea of double teaming him.  Personally, I like the idea of putting him next to Billings on 3rd and short..

3 sacks in three seasons, Only 4 TFLs as well this past year ,and  off and on performances according to PFF. I say he is a project more so than an NFL player. I just hope the Bengals don't waste a roster spot on him in spite of a better player like Ringo or Glasgow.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 3 sacks in three seasons, Only 4 TFLs as well this past year ,and  off and on performances according to PFF. I say he is a project more so than an NFL player. I just hope the Bengals don't waste a roster spot on him in spite of a better player like Ringo or Glasgow.

Have you ever heard the term "unsung heroes", as it applies to football?  It's typically illustrated on offense by blockers, who only get their name called, when something bad happens.  Defense also has it's share of unsung heroes, that would be the interior DL that doesn't show up on a stat sheet, but creates enough disturbance and demands enough OL attention that others around him benefit by being free to make tackles and sacks.  Wrenn is one of those type of guys.  He's a fantastic addition to the defensive line room.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have you ever heard the term "unsung heroes", as it applies to football?  It's typically illustrated on offense by blockers, who only get their name called, when something bad happens.  Defense also has it's share of unsung heroes, that would be the interior DL that doesn't show up on a stat sheet, but creates enough disturbance and demands enough OL attention that others around him benefit by being free to make tackles and sacks.  Wrenn is one of those type of guys.  He's a fantastic addition to the defensive line room.

Exactly, how many times has Geno flushed out the QB or RB so another player can get the sack or TFL?

Geno is an unsung hero and wasn't even mentioned on ABC as one of the great 4th rounders that have been picked.
Reply/Quote