Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Tanner McLachlan
ESPN said maybe the best all around NFL type TE in draft behind Bowers, because he can block, catch, do it all. ESPN says Bengals loading up their TE room. This could be a real steal in round 6. GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)kevin Wrote: ESPN said maybe the best all around NFL type TE in draft behind Bowers, because he can block, catch, do it all. ESPN says Bengals loading up their TE room. This could be a real steal in round 6. GO BENGALS

If he was good he wouldn’t have been in round 6 but hopefully this is true
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Well 2 TE with Gesicki in the slot incoming
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:07 PM)kevin Wrote: ESPN said maybe the best all around NFL type TE in draft behind Bowers, because he can block, catch, do it all.  ESPN says Bengals loading up their TE room. This could be a real steal in round 6.  GO BENGALS

Best route running TE besides Brock is what I heard. Funny how All has the all name but McLachlan is the best all around TE from 
what people are saying. Not really true though, All just has terrible injury history. McLachlan is the most sure thing, just a great pick
this late, perfect TE to add. All might have better upside with his strength, build and ability to break tackles, but McLachlan runs every
route in the book and has good hands just the same as All.

Our OL, DT and TE room are upgraded big time from this Draft. Would like to add an interior OL though, a Punter and a RB.

McLachlan I think was a steal this late for sure.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:10 PM)Housh Wrote: If he was good he wouldn’t have been in round 6 but hopefully this is true

Good TE’s go in the late rounds all the time. George Kittle was a 5th rounder.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Seems like a BPA pick. Not a need but was on the top of their board.

Seems like the bengals are deep at the skill positions.
They’re deep at OT.
Good backup QB.

The only weakness for me is depth at interior oline and I would have liked to see that addressed in the 4th round.

Getting a 4th string running back wouldn’t be a bad idea either, but it’s a weak class and the 7th or UFA class may be the answer here. I like Gore jr.

I would have liked to hit oline more in day 3, but it seems like they are very high on these tight ends and they could have hit it out of the park. Seems like they are complete tight ends that can block and I like that.

It’s hard to complain about day 3 picks. They could have hit it out of the park with these three picks.
Day 3 picks are the hardest to project.
Reply/Quote
the old age, short arms, and poor blocking skills is why he fell

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Christian Mahogany was still on the board, and they hadn't drafted an interior offensive lineman yet. I don't understand the logic.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:10 PM)Housh Wrote: If he was good he wouldn’t have been in round 6 but hopefully this is true

His age.  He is 25.  That causes drop in draft.   However ESPN said they saw this guy play several times, and he can flat out play tight end.  ESPN said they always liked him when they had this college team on. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:18 PM)kevin Wrote: His age.  He is 25.  That causes drop in draft.   However ESPN said they saw this guy play several times, and he can flat out play tight end.  ESPN said they always liked him when they had this college team on. 

That would do it. Damn good TE though, surprised even with the age he fell this far. Great insurance as I don't think All will play immediately
and Sample is only a blocker and both Gesicki and Hudson are only pass catchers. McLachlan can block and catch. Been looking for a TE like 
this for a long damn time lol
Reply/Quote
Nice knowing ya, Tanner Hudson.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Well 2 TE with Gesicki in the slot incoming

(04-27-2024, 06:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: Nice knowing ya, Tanner Hudson.

I'd guess that Eric All is on the PUP list to start the season.

Reply/Quote

He is EXCELLENT. My favorite pick this draft and, other than ALL, I LOVE the Bengals draft.
Reply/Quote

I remember thinking that about Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy not long ago. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:15 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Seems like a BPA pick. Not a need but was on the top of their board.

Seems like the bengals are deep at the skill positions.
They’re deep at OT.
Good backup QB.

The only weakness for me is depth at interior oline and I would have liked to see that addressed in the 4th round.

Getting a 4th string running back wouldn’t be a bad idea either, but it’s a weak class and the 7th or UFA class may be the answer here. I like Gore jr.

I would have liked to hit oline more in day 3, but it seems like they are very high on these tight ends and they could have hit it out of the park. Seems like they are complete tight ends that can block and I like that.

It’s hard to complain about day 3 picks. They could have hit it out of the park with these three picks.
Day 3 picks are the hardest to project.

The Bengals may have to invest some of that cap money in the interior OL. I know Peat is available who plays OT and OG. 

Maybe we can trade Carman and cut Smith to create some cap room. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I remember thinking that about Mr. Irrelevant Brock Purdy no long ago. 

Purdy is a product of a loaded shanahan offense

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
‘There are boxes that go unchecked, but his "whatever it takes" mentality is the kind of intangible that often turns prospects into pros.’

‘Whatever it takes’ is a trait you can’t teach. I’m much more comfortable having this guy in the room. Hopefully All’s injuriy woes are behind him but this guy has some good tape.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: He is EXCELLENT. My favorite pick this draft and, other than ALL, I LOVE the Bengals draft.
I really like this draft, except for the All pick. At this point in the draft, I am looking forward to the UDFA pick
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 06:48 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Bengals may have to invest some of that cap money in the interior OL. I know Peat is available who plays OT and OG. 

Maybe we can trade Carman and cut Smith to create some cap room. 

One of my hopes with the draft was getting a great, young interior lineman prospect for the future in a deep oline draft.

Could still spend a 6th comp or 7th there but I do see it as a missed opportunity.

Other than that I love the draft though.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote