Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khalid Kareem Pro Day, sort of....
Just watched his interview on Bengals.com. Seems like a great guy. I get the feel of a guy with a great work ethic. A leader. In that sense we did a good job of bringing in the right kind of guys. He's obviously got upside with his build, his ability to use leverage and his hands--and play well positionally. As a 5th round pick, these intangible alone make it a good selection. Any 5th round pick will have downsides. Hope he does well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:23 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I guess I'm just having trouble picturing what position he plays. If he's a 3-4 olb, doesn't he have to get to the sideline? Is he a 3-4 DE playing on the line? 

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. I like what I see as far as him playing his position well. He's got good size and uses his hands well. If he can develop into a better pass rusher he's got great value. But he's going to play both 3-4 end and 3-4 OLB?

It's hard for a fan like me to evaluate a position like this I guess. Corner is pretty straight-forward. NT. Linebacker, etc. To me Kareem doesn't seem like a coverage guy or sideline to sideline player. But more of a guy that can play well at the line of scrimmage.

I'm certainly intrigued with our defense. All of a sudden we have 4 promising linebackers (one from last years draft, one FA, two from this years draft). We've got a lot of edge players/pass rushers. We've got a strong backbone with Reader, Geno, etc. We've got a solid secondary that can tackle and cover. I feel a lot better than last year for sure.

Kareem will be on the Line most of the time I was wondering about his size cause he isn't Geno's size as far as weight is 
concerned to be a 3-4 End but mayble Geno loses some weight this Offseason to work on the edge more. Geno has always
been really short, might be a good move for him to lose some weight and lengthen his career on the edge.

Crazy the change that has went on Defensively this Offseason.

Leaning more Synric's way once again that we will be running more of a 3-3-5 at times.

All of Geno, Dunlap, Lawson, Kareem, Andrew Brown and Hubbard rotation at 3-4 End with Reader and Tapou at NT.

If it confuses you and me imagine how it will confused Offenses lmao

(04-25-2020, 04:33 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Yeah, lots of crap going on...LOL....

I think the base is going to be a 4-3 and packages of 3-4 which will be a lot of packages against pass happy offenses.
Base 4-3
Reader, Geno, Dunlap, Hubbard
Pratt, Wilson, Bynes
Bates, Bell
WillJ, Waynes

Base 3-4
Reader, Dunlap, Geno
Hubbard, Dunlap, Pratt, Wilson LBers/EDGE/DEs but just 2 true LBers, Maybe even Lawson?
Bates, Bell
Waynes, WillJ

Subs or nickel and dimes...McKenzie, Williams hybrid role, AGD, Kareem, Brown.

They honestly have more players than they may possibly need...What the hell?  My mind is scrambled...LOL

Yeah, I am a bit confused myself at this point but what are Offenses going to think?

This definitely isn't some predictable Defense they will be facing that cannot tackle.
Reply/Quote
well his Dad says he's the best DE in this draft and he should be the 1st or 2nd Edge rusher taken. Gotta love Dads.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote