Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Tee Higgins
Bengals now have 3 receivers that play above the rim. I've been saying all offseason they need another outside receiver and Higgins fits the bill. He wasn't my guy but I can definitely see the reasons why they picked him.

Welcome Tee Higgins Who Dey.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty happy with this pick. I think it makes since to get a WR who can come up with your new QB -- worked for AJ and Dalton.

I've heard Higgins compared to Tyler Boyd actually, which is fine by me. Players who can put up 1000 yard seasons are how you generate offense.

Reply/Quote
Ross better get his insecurities in check and start balling, or he won't be here.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ross better get his insecurities in check and start balling, or he won't be here.

I could see him getting traded for a late rounder. Do we really need him now?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They said he was not that fast, but could go up and get the jump ball and contort his body to make catches. Kind of sounds like Auden Tate. Tell me he's better.

Higgins put up more yards and almost as many catches and TDs this year alone compared to Tates entire college career...if you think being tall and can catch make two people equal then you should also be asking the difference between these two and AJ Green. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: EWZ7YAkWoAcslAC?format=png&name=900x900]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...Higgins ran a 4.39 and Tate ran a 4.68. speed aside Higgins is a big leap up, and that is coming from the leader of the Auden Tate fan club.

Source on the 4.39? He didn't run at the combine and ran in the mid 4.5's.

With that said I like the pick. 
Reply/Quote
Love the pick. Welcome aboard Tee Higgins! He seemed geuinely happy putting on his hat and all. AJ Green is his player idol, Joe Burrow is your QB. Great situation to be drafted into!
Reply/Quote
Tee Higgins: 97.6 grade on tight-window targets. 1st among 2020 NFL Draft WRs
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:27 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...Higgins ran a 4.39 and Tate ran a 4.68. speed aside Higgins is a big leap up, and that is coming from the leader of the Auden Tate fan club.

I'm the president of the Auden Tate fan club 
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor: Who you like in round 2, Joe?

Joe Burrow: Get me Tee Higgins.

Zac Taylor: But we have AJ......

Joe Burrow: Do you though?

Zac Taylor : Higgins it is!
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Ross gets traded now ?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:34 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Source on the 4.39? He didn't run at the combine and ran in the mid 4.5's.

With that said I like the pick. 

Nevermind, I was a line up on my spreadsheet with Simmons. He was a 4.5 guy, I actually have "Same as AJ" written next to him. I had his comp as AJ with less suddenness at the stem of his route.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:36 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Zac Taylor: Who you like in round 2, Joe?

Joe Burrow: Get me Tee Higgins.

Zac Taylor: But we have AJ......

Joe Burrow: Do you though?

Zac Taylor : Higgins it is!

Not sure which feed you all are watching but on NFL network they discussed how Burrow was throwing to Higgins out at Palmers camp so it's possible he may have had some slight say in the pick. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They said he was not that fast, but could go up and get the jump ball and contort his body to make catches. Kind of sounds like Auden Tate. Tell me he's better.

He's better.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:34 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Higgins put up more yards and almost as many catches and TDs this year alone compared to Tates entire college career...if you think being tall and can catch make two people equal then you should also be asking the difference between these two and AJ Green. 

Alright, all I said was when they described Higgins it sounded exactly how one would describe Tate. I never said they were equal.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:39 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Not sure which feed you all are watching but on NFL network they discussed how Burrow was throwing to Higgins out at Palmers camp so it's possible he may have had some slight say in the pick. 

Yep. I believe Joe had a say in that pick. EMBRACE THE EVOLUTION!
Reply/Quote
LOVE this pick! I really wanted a receiver in round 2, and was much higher on Higgins than Mims.

I think it's a great move to pair a young deep threat with Burrow, that you can enjoy on a modest rookie deal for the next 4 seasons. It opens up a lot of money to be spent elsewhere in building a real contender.

Question: Can most of us agree now that signing AJ long-term would be idiotic? It makes no sense at this point to commit to multiple years.

Honestly, if they could somehow manage to move AJ before this season I think I'd have to grade the offseason as the best Ive seen here since Mike took over. Use that money elsewhere, gain a draft pick, and let these young guys get as many reps and balls as they can.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: LOVE this pick!  I really wanted a receiver in round 2, and was much higher on Higgins than Mims.  

I think it's a great move to pair a young deep threat with Burrow, that you can enjoy on a modest rookie deal for the next 4 seasons.  It opens up a lot of money to be spent elsewhere in building a real contender.

Question: Can most of us agree now that signing AJ long-term would be idiotic?  It makes no sense at this point to commit to multiple years.

Honestly, if they could somehow manage to move AJ before this season I think I'd have to grade the offseason as the best Ive seen here since Mike took over.  Use that money elsewhere, gain a draft pick, and let these young guys get as many reps and balls as they can.

Answer to your question: No
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: LOVE this pick! I really wanted a receiver in round 2, and was much higher on Higgins than Mims.

I think it's a great move to pair a young deep threat with Burrow, that you can enjoy on a modest rookie deal for the next 4 seasons. It opens up a lot of money to be spent elsewhere in building a real contender.

Question: Can most of us agree now that signing AJ long-term would be idiotic? It makes no sense at this point to commit to multiple years.

Honestly, if they could somehow manage to move AJ before this season I think I'd have to grade the offseason as the best Ive seen here since Mike took over. Use that money elsewhere, gain a draft pick, and let these young guys get as many reps and balls as they can.

Was thinking the same thing. We may see AJ moved before the draft ends. Love AJ, but the best ability is availability and AJ can’t stay on the field.
Reply/Quote