Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Tee Higgins
(04-24-2020, 08:35 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Love the pick. Welcome aboard Tee Higgins! He seemed geuinely happy putting on his hat and all. AJ Green is his player idol, Joe Burrow is your QB. Great situation to be drafted into!

I don't think any WR would be complaining about having Burrow as their QB.

And last time we did this WR/QB combo in rounds 1 and 2 it worked out well for us and them.  I think the combo this time has a chance to be even greater. Not a knock on AD/AJ, just the possible potentiinal is better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ had a freak injury last year. He has plenty left in the tank, and will prove it this year, either on the tag or on an incentive laden contract. He's not going anywhere. Now Ross might be shown the door.
Reply/Quote
Anything to keep the offense on the field longer next season is fine by me.
Reply/Quote
Interesting that Tee Higgins said his favorite team has been Bengals since they drafted AJ. Beat reporters confirm he has been telling them all along he models his game after, you guessed it, AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
They are building a video game offense. Gonna be a fun time in PBS for a long time. 1-800directv if you live outside the area.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nevermind, I was a line up on my spreadsheet with Simmons. He was a 4.5 guy, I actually have "Same as AJ" written next to him. I had his comp as AJ with less suddenness at the stem of his route.

Awesome that you have a spreadsheet! So do I, but no notes. That AJ comp is a good one. 
Reply/Quote
Side note: Anyone else find it funny that a they are selecting players from Tiger mascot teams? Does Memphis or Missouri have any good players in the Draft?
Reply/Quote
Wanted to go OL or DL with this pick,

but still like this selection a lot. Have plenty of weapons now.

Welcome aboard Tee !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nevermind, I was a line up on my spreadsheet with Simmons. He was a 4.5 guy, I actually have "Same as AJ" written next to him. I had his comp as AJ with less suddenness at the stem of his route.

Lol I still use notebooks. I just like pen to paper.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Where's Fred at ?
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

The first thing I thought of when I saw this pick was Chris Carter (AJ) and Randy Moss (Tee).

I realize that that's high praise and a high bar to set, and I also realize that Burrow doesn't have the arm that Cunningham had, but an aging AJ being a solid receiver that can also make plays with Tee opposite of him being a deep threat is an amazing thought!

And Robert Smith was an average back, but Mixon is on another level!

If we get the line together and maybe get a tight end, this offense could be explosive!
Reply/Quote
He said after meeting Zac that he knew he wanted to play for him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Connection dropped at the end but here is Tee's press conference

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wanted to go OL or DL with this pick,

but still like this selection a lot. Have plenty of weapons now.

Welcome aboard Tee !

I wanted Josh Jones, but he's still available, so maybe he wasn't worthy of the pick and the coaches know more than us for once!  

I'm loving the pick because I think he's dangerous opposite AJ because who do you double team?!

Burrow better work with Tom House to get his arm strength up because I want to see A LOT OF DEEP BALLS!
Reply/Quote
Lacks separation but knows how to play the football. Burrow will know how to get him the ball.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 08:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE IT!

The first thing I thought of when I saw this pick was Chris Carter (AJ) and Randy Moss (Tee).  

I realize that that's high praise and a high bar to set, and I also realize that Burrow doesn't have the arm that Moon had, but an aging AJ being a solid receiver that can also make plays with Tee opposite of him being a deep threat is an amazing thought!

And Robert Smith was an average back, but Mixon is on another level!  

If we get the line together and maybe get a tight end, this offense could be explosive!

Randall Cunningham actually
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:00 PM)pally Wrote: He said after meeting Zac that he knew he wanted to play for him

So weird hearing that kind of thing in Cincinnati but I LOVE IT!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 09:06 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Randall Cunningham actually

lol.........  been hitting the bourbon already!
Reply/Quote
So he didn't throw with Joe Burrow after all.
Reply/Quote
Good pick.I think this guy is going to fit in well with Green,Boyd,and Tate.
Reply/Quote