Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome To Bengals Ryan Finley
Great Pick.

Bengals had 10 picks on Saturday. They traded up to 2nd pick in 4 to get the QB they wanted. Big, Tall, Accurate Arm from NC State. Bengals had him in for workouts and he blew coaches away, they really like this QB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Get rid of Dalton right now...

First one to post it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Finley highlights

https://youtu.be/17gv17lLbiw
Reply/Quote
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Article/Ryan-Finley-Patriots-Tom-Brady-2019-NFL-Draft-Dream-Come-True-131484516/

Not quite kid...lol

I like this pick though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Great Pick.

Bengals had 10 picks on Saturday. They traded up to 2nd pick in 4 to get the QB they wanted. Big, Tall, Accurate Arm from NC State. Bengals had him in for workouts and he blew coaches away, they really like this QB.

Where’s the defense at? Historically worst defense of all time and they continue focus on offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I see Phillip Rivers in this guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:24 PM)jason Wrote: Get rid of Dalton right now...

First one to post it.

No, they didn't go Round 1.   This is a Round 4 and Bengals plan is to start Dalton, but coach this kid up.  He is good enough to be QB of the future though.  Probably more upsides than 5th Round McCarron had.  I think Ken Anderson was a 4th Round, but I could be wrong on that. 

So Dalton in 2019, but if he gets injured the season isn't over. We now have great depth and a rookie QB that Taylor can coach up.  They say he compares to Goff of Rams in accuracy. There is no QB Controversy and that stuff is old school.  In today's NFL you have good QB depth and it is no Controversy. 

Dalton QB now, Finley QB of future. 

Bengals still have 7 or 8 picks for D and other things.  NEW DEY, NEW DEY. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see Phillip Rivers in this guy.

But with a less punchable face.

Reply/Quote
Good pick!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:34 PM)kevin Wrote: No, they didn't go Round 1.   This is a Round 4 and Bengals plan is to start Dalton, but coach this kid up.  He is good enough to be QB of the future though.  Probably more upsides than 5th Round McCarron had.  I think Ken Anderson was a 4th Round, but I could be wrong on that. 

So Dalton in 2019, but if he gets injured the season isn't over. We now have great depth and a rookie QB that Taylor can coach up.  They say he compares to Goff of Rams in accuracy. There is no QB Controversy and that stuff is old school.  In today's NFL you have good QB depth and it is no Controversy. 

Agree!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But with a less punchable face.

I really agree with that!! Lol
Reply/Quote
This kid looks nice
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:32 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Where’s the defense at?  Historically worst defense of all time and they continue focus on offense

They have 7 or 8 picks left.  This is a top notch QB early in 4 that you just don't pass up on.  Don't worry, More D is Coming, but this QB was too good not to take. 

OT, TE, LB, QB....with 7 or 8 picks left. They had 10, but traded up to get Finley.

I'll add, there could be a very good RB in 5 or 6. Like the Notre Dame RB. We could use some RB Depth, and Still get D players before and after the RB Pick. That rookie last year now has a ton of issues. Paul Brown would say just about every college team has a good RB, so it's hard not to grab one in the draft somewhere. More depth behind Mixon.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:34 PM)kevin Wrote: No, they didn't go Round 1.   This is a Round 4 and Bengals plan is to start Dalton, but coach this kid up.  He is good enough to be QB of the future though.  Probably more upsides than 5th Round McCarron had.  I think Ken Anderson was a 4th Round, but I could be wrong on that. 

I know my man... I was kidding.

Andy Dalton's gonna have a big year this year and shut some fools up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:32 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Where’s the defense at?  Historically worst defense of all time and they continue focus on offense

Why wasting an opportunity to complain ?

Welcome to the jungle Ryan ! 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Wow! Why haven't I heard much on this kid before? He looks really good, LOVE his delivery - no side arm or 3/4, he throws over the top.

Definitely needs some weight on him though, he'll get broken against these AFCN defenses.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
Posted the #1 wonderlic score with a 43
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

Tbh, I’m not sold on Finley being the qb of the future. He may be a solid backup which isn’t a bad thing. If we suck this yr and and dalton is a big reason why, i see them drafting a qb early next year
Reply/Quote
I said we'd go QB somewhere between rounds 1-4. It was on the low end of that, but we made a rare trade up to get him. New regime often = new QB. If not in round 1, they'll often look for a value prospect like Finley.

Overall, I like it. This gives Andy a year to prove himself, while also hedging our bet. If Andy lights it up, you have potential future trade bait with Finley. If Andy somehow flops, you can get a look at Finley. If Finley flops, you didn't invest much, so you can still draft a QB in the 1st next year. It was probably the perfect move, honestly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Welcome Mr. Finley and kudos to the Bengals for eyeing their target and packaging selections to go get him. As much as I like Dalton this is an NFL ready kid that could push him like he has never been pushed. Especially being under someone who knows his QBs. Great move all around for this franchise moving forward.
Reply/Quote