Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome To Bengals Ryan Finley
(04-27-2019, 01:32 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Where’s the defense at?  Historically worst defense of all time and they continue focus on offense

1) Relax, plenty of picks left.

2) They weren't the 'historically worst defense of all time' last year. They were on pace to be until Austin got fired, but they weren't even the worst defense of the last 3 seasons, let alone "of all time". If you choose to look at yds/gm allowed, the 2015 Giants gave up 420.3 yds/gm, the 2018 Bengals gave up 413.6 yds/gm. If you choose to look at pts/gm allowed, they weren't even the worst in the league last year. There have been worse defenses than the 2018 Bengals, and with the way NFL rules have been evolving the last 15 years, there'll be PLENTY more to come that make our 2018 squad look almost solid in comparison.

So ease up on the hyperbole, and relax. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:53 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Tbh, I’m not sold on Finley being the qb of the future. He may be a solid backup which isn’t a bad thing. If we suck this yr and and dalton is a big reason why, i see them drafting a qb early next year

Finley was an outstanding selection at this point of the draft and brings a nice skillset to the position. So why the negativity with the selection? Please provide some data or is it just because you said so?
Reply/Quote
Good move. Driskel wasn't the answer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:59 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Finley was an outstanding selection at this point of the draft and brings a nice skillset to the position. So why the negativity with the selection? Please provide some data or is it just because you said so?

I didn’t say it was a bad pick, I’m just saying I’m not sold on him being the future till I see him out on the field. If dalton had a bad yr this kid may get his chance, like aj mccarron did, but I still see them drafting a qb in the first round next yr. He’s a very good player but he needs to get a chance to show that at some point.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:32 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Where’s the defense at?  Historically worst defense of all time and they continue focus on offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pick 125 still in 4th Round.  Could Be Bengals get more D help, and still in Round 4.  Any minute this pick could bring D.  Unless there is some WR or RB that could have went earlier.  Probably D Help coming any minute now. 

OT, TE, LB, QB so far

Now add DT, Wren in 4th Round.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ranked 2 or 3 rounder. Nice. But his arm is average to below
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:27 PM)Trademark Wrote: Finley highlights

https://youtu.be/17gv17lLbiw

In this highlight film Ryan Finley looks like a larger but slightly less mobile version of Andy Dalton. Also, NC State has tremendous pass protection.
Reply/Quote
I couldn't wait to watch this guy's analysis of Finley. Unfortunately, it was disappointing:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:06 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ranked 2 or 3 rounder.  Nice.    But his arm is average to below
He threw with better velocity that Lock, Haskins, or Jones! Same velocity as Mahomes. More velocity than Trubisky. Way more velocity than Deshaun Watson. Same velocity as Russell Wilson.

Is also extremely accurate!

Here are the velocity measurements from this years combine:

Year: 2019

Will Grier West Virginia 58 (Left) 59 (Right)
Brett Rypien Boise State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)
Clayton Thorson Northwestern 58 (Left) 56 (Right)
Nick Fitzgerald Mississippi State 57 (Left) 52 (Right)
Jordan Ta'amu Mississippi  56 (Left) 55 (Right)
Gardner Minshew Washington State 55 (Left) 53 (Right)
Ryan Finley North Carolina State 55 (Left) 52 (Right)
Tyree Jackson Buffalo 54 (Left) 54 (Right)
Daniel Jones Duke 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
Drew Lock Missouri 54 (Left) 53 (Right)
Easton Stick North Dakota State 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
Jake Browning Washington 54 (Left) 52 (Right)
Trace McSorley Penn State 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
Jarrett Stidham Auburn 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
Dwayne Haskins Ohio State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
Kyle Shurmer Vanderbilt 52 (Left) 50 (Right)
Kyler Murray Oklahoma did not throw

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:13 PM)OSUfan Wrote: He threw with better velocity that Lock, Haskins, or Jones!

Here are the velocity measurements from this years combine:

Year: 2019

Will Grier West Virginia 58 (Left) 59 (Right)
Brett Rypien Boise State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)
Clayton Thorson Northwestern 58 (Left) 56 (Right)
Nick Fitzgerald Mississippi State 57 (Left) 52 (Right)
Jordan Ta'amu Mississippi  56 (Left) 55 (Right)
Gardner Minshew Washington State 55 (Left) 53 (Right)
Ryan Finley North Carolina State 55 (Left) 52 (Right)
Tyree Jackson Buffalo 54 (Left) 54 (Right)
Daniel Jones Duke 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
Drew Lock Missouri 54 (Left) 53 (Right)
Easton Stick North Dakota State 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
Jake Browning Washington 54 (Left) 52 (Right)
Trace McSorley Penn State 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
Jarrett Stidham Auburn 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
Dwayne Haskins Ohio State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
Kyle Shurmer Vanderbilt 52 (Left) 50 (Right)
Kyler Murray Oklahoma did not throw

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

You have to take those numbers with a grain of salt. For instance Deshaun Watson threw 49 MPH at the combine but has displayed a live arm in the NFL.

Watching the tape on Finley, you can see his passes tend to float a little when going to the wide side of the field. Not a bad arm, per se but he doesn’t have the same drive those other QBs have (at least Lock and Haskins.)
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:06 PM)kevin Wrote: Pick 125 still in 4th Round.  Could Be Bengals get more D help, and still in Round 4.  Any minute this pick could bring D.  Unless there is some WR or RB that could have went earlier.  Probably D Help coming any minute now. 

OT, TE, LB, QB so far

Now add DT, Wren in 4th Round.
I would really like to see them take Wren! Update they did....lol
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In this highlight film Ryan Finley looks like a larger but slightly less mobile version of Andy Dalton.  Also, NC State has tremendous pass protection.

Yup. Perfect backup for Dalton, but I'm not sure we should be thinking "QB of the future".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 02:06 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ranked 2 or 3 rounder.  Nice.    But his arm is average to below
NFL Network said Bengals had him in for workouts and loved this QB.  NFL Network also says he compares to Rams Goff in accuracy, maybe the most accurate QB in draft.  So I'm not doubting where you get your info from, but it doesn't match NFL Network or Bengals Coaches who Trade Up to get him. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I’m cool with this pick. He is immediately an upgrade over Driskell and there is time to coach him up and see if he is heir material.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:27 PM)Trademark Wrote: Finley highlights

https://youtu.be/17gv17lLbiw

Nice touch on his passes.  Very catchable throws.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Great Pick.

Bengals had 10 picks on Saturday. They traded up to 2nd pick in 4 to get the QB they wanted. Big, Tall, Accurate Arm from NC State. Bengals had him in for workouts and he blew coaches away, they really like this QB.

Great pick, really like Finley, i liked Grier, Stidham and Finley if we were going to go QB in this draft after Murray.
Reply/Quote
worst defense by far in the league and we continue to address offense with depth. new dey same crap
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:24 PM)jason Wrote: Get rid of Dalton right now...

First one to post it.

*rolls eyes*
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:08 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: worst defense by far in the league and we continue to address offense with depth. new dey same crap

Go cry in your beer, damn.

We got Germaine Pratt who is a great cover and tackling Linebacker. That is what this Defense needed and namely a new LB coach.

Austin and Haslett were the biggest problems on Defense, they are gone and replaced with Lou, Tem and Pratt.

I believe our Defense will be very good this year and our Offense will be lights out giving our Defense the rest they need.
Reply/Quote