Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome To Bengals Ryan Finley
(04-27-2019, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We don't need a replacement for Dalton dude. We just needed a decent backup to fill in in case Dalton goes down.

I am expecting a monster year from Dalton where he shuts most of the haters up.

With Jonah Williams and Drew Sample added to the team he will have some blockers.

We already have the skill players.

Outstanding post!

Zac Taylor has said from DAY ONE that Andy Dalton is the man — and he stuck by this. Andy will be under center for many years in Cincinnati because he’s smart and durable. He’s in the middle of his career, not near the end, because the modern quarterback plays to almost age 40. Forget 2016-2018, please, and think of 2011-2015 when Andy tore up almost everyone and led the Bengals to FIVE straight playoff appearances. Without the freak thumb injury in 2015 he would have been MVP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great pick. This guy makes back shoulder throws he's accurate and he is CONFIDENT. Cya Dalton
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Ehhh. He might be an ok backup at some point. The velocity that he puts on balls reminds me of highschool QBs. Without an open middle of the field, he's going to really struggle at this level.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:37 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Outstanding post!

Zac Taylor has said from DAY ONE that Andy Dalton is the man — and he stuck by this. Andy will be under center for many years in Cincinnati because he’s smart and durable. He’s in the middle of his career, not near the end, because the modern quarterback plays to almost age 40. Forget 2016-2018, please, and think of 2011-2015 when Andy tore up almost everyone and led the Bengals to FIVE straight playoff appearances. Without the freak thumb injury in 2015 he would have been MVP.

Thanks again brother, we need to start to judge Dalton with a decent O-line, now is the time to judge him.

He has been hampered with a bad O-line most of his career and has still put up the best numbers and the most Playoff appearances by a Bengals QB if i am not mistaken. You have to put players in a position to succeed. QB's need a decent O-line and Dalton has only survived by having a quick release and a great WR in AJ Green.

Now he will have Billy Price and Jonah Williams protecting him. Look out once these guys get the NFL down.

Mixon also comes into this conversation taking the heat off Dalton with a great running game.

Teams better account for Mixon otherwise Green or Boyd will hurt them. This is not even mentioning if Eifert, Ross, Sample, Uzomah, play to their potential. Really like Trayveon and Rodney too, both are very talented RB's to go along with Gio.
Reply/Quote
Really hoping the o-line pans out this year. The Turner hire still concerns me.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Ridley is a legitimate back up quarterback and that’s about it. The professional scouting report compared him to Alex Smith. Good game manager makes Few mistakes.Accurate,but weak throws. Not sure how well those slow balls will translate in the NFL.Not impressed with the pick. Wanted Drew Lock in round 2,Got Sample instead.That said, I wish this guy the best and I hope he makes the pro bowl every year.
Reply/Quote
Like they say the proof ios in the pudding
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:28 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Ridley is a legitimate back up quarterback and that’s about it. The professional scouting report compared him to Alex Smith. Good game manager makes Few mistakes.Accurate,but weak throws. Not sure how well those slow balls will translate in the NFL.Not impressed with the pick. Wanted Drew Lock in round 2,Got Sample instead.That said, I wish this guy the best and I hope he makes the pro bowl every year.

You are talking about Ryan Finley i imagine....
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pratt was a Safety before he was a Linebacker, he can cover.

I like him much better than Devin Bush in this facet and he is a better tackler than Bush.

Bush is an athletic freak that is not good at wrapping up. Mixon will put this guy on his a**.

Yes, Pratt started off trying to be a safety and couldn’t cover so like many people in college they adjust transform to other positions. Once a linebacker he was never asked to cover so once again, you don’t know if he can to be honest it’s highly doubtful.

So he will come out in favor of Brown and Vigil until he proves he can cover. Look, I like the pick and he was fine where he was drafted. But he is not a cover linebacker, he is a run stuffer. He actually projects more as a middle so I was surprised when they (Geno) announced him as an outside LB. I hope he can do it. He is a good tackler and rated very high in that analytic. But your insult against Bush is just nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:40 PM)yang Wrote: Yes, Pratt started off trying to be a safety and couldn’t cover so like many people in college they adjust transform to other positions. Once a linebacker he was never asked to cover so once again, you don’t know if he can to be honest it’s highly doubtful.

So he will come out in favor of Brown and Vigil until he proves he can cover. Look, I like the pick and he was fine where he was drafted. But he is not a cover linebacker, he is a run stuffer. He actually projects more as a middle so I was surprised when they (Geno) announced him as an outside LB. I hope he can do it. He is a good tackler and rated very high in that analytic. But your insult against Bush is just nonsense.

I call nonsense on you!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks again brother, we need to start to judge Dalton with a decent O-line, now is the time to judge him.

He has been hampered with a bad O-line most of his career and has still put up the best numbers and the most Playoff appearances by a Bengals QB if i am not mistaken. You have to put players in a position to succeed. QB's need a decent O-line and Dalton has only survived by having a quick release and a great WR in AJ Green.

Now he will have Billy Price and Jonah Williams protecting him. Look out once these guys get the NFL down.

Mixon also comes into this conversation taking the heat off Dalton with a great running game.

Teams better account for Mixon otherwise Green or Boyd will hurt them. This is not even mentioning if Eifert, Ross, Sample, Uzomah, play to their potential. Really like Trayveon and Rodney too, both are very talented RB's to go along with Gio.

At this stage of his career Dalton is not going to reinvent himself. He is what he is. He is an average QB that can perform when things go his way and he is protected in a system. He is never going to be a QB that creates plays and wins a game on his own. He is not the QB you can count on to simply drag a team to victory and carry them on his back like Rodgers, Luck, Brady and so on.

If you are going to win with Dalton you need an excellent team around him and you have to do it through the draft since we won’t sign free agents.

And how does this draft surround him with talent? We might not have drafted a year one starter. We have a backup QB and TE with our first 4 picks. We did not draft an impact player again. We got some guys that will probably be okay and hang around the league for a while getting overpaid by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:46 PM)yang Wrote: At this stage of his career Dalton is not going to reinvent himself. He is what he is. He is an average QB that can perform when things go his way and he is protected in a system. He is never going to be a QB that creates plays and wins a game on his own. He is not the QB you can count on to simply drag a team to victory and carry them on his back like Rodgers, Luck, Brady and so on.

If you are going to win with Dalton you need an excellent team around him and you have to do it through the draft since we won’t sign free agents.

And how does this draft surround him with talent? We might not have drafted a year one starter. We have a backup QB and TE with our first 4 picks. We did not draft an impact player again. We got some guys that will probably be okay and hang around the league for a while getting overpaid by the Bengals.

Whatever, have to protect your QB no matter who he is and if the Receiver doesn't catch the ball, Rodgers, Luck (cannot believe you put this guy in these guys company) or Brady wouldn't be what they are. We needed a blocking TE that could stay healthy and can catch, Sample is that and may be the starter if Eifert cannot stay healthy as we all know is a definate possibility. Sample helps out the Line and is a better blocker than Eifert already.

Dalton already has Green, Mixon, Boyd, Ross, Gio, Eifert and now is given a Jonah Williams to let him do his work.

Why are you even a Bengals Fan Yang? On this day of all days i would think a Bengals fan would be happy when we upgrade our two biggest weaknesses at O-line and Linebacker? We have skill players already if you have not noticed.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:43 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Posted the #1 wonderlic score with a 43

Ooo him smart!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 01:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Great Pick.

Bengals had 10 picks on Saturday. They traded up to 2nd pick in 4 to get the QB they wanted.  Big, Tall, Accurate Arm from NC State.  Bengals had him in for workouts and he blew coaches away, they really like this QB.

That's a massive gambling to wait until the top of the fourth to get a quarterback that "blew you away".  I'm really happy they dealt the picks and got their guy.  

Total win/win as he looks better than any backup that was available and gives them leverage if things with $
Dalton go sideways.  He can be their QB at any time and I'm glad we didn't get a total project that may have tempted our rookie QB to wear too many hats.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:46 PM)yang Wrote: At this stage of his career Dalton is not going to reinvent himself.  He is what he is.  He is an average QB that can perform when things go his way and he is protected in a system.  He is never going to be a QB that creates plays and wins a game on his own.  He is not the QB you can count on to simply drag a team to victory and carry them on his back like Rodgers, Luck, Brady and so on.  

And how does this draft surround him with talent?  We might not have drafted a year one starter.  We have a backup QB and TE with our first 4 picks.   We did not draft an impact player again.   We got some guys that will probably be okay and hang around the league for a while getting overpaid by the Bengals.

If you aren't riding with them now don't try to get on the train later!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Really hoping the o-line pans out this year.  The Turner hire still concerns me.

What worries me about Turner is that he gushed over Bobby Hart.  Mentor to OG does nothing to make be feel better.  But I think the O-Line is in better shape after the draft then prior.  Seems like Taylor believes in trenches which many have been screaming for years.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I like the Finley pick and I like where they got him. Driskel proved he's not a viable backup option. Finley allows them to have a quarterback to use as a backup and possibly a starter if necessary without sinking a first rounder into the position. Maybe he proves to be a solid starter if pressed into action. Maybe not. Either way, the risk isn't all that much.

This wasn't the year to get a first round franchise qb. If this team sucks again, they'll have a shot at Tua, Herbert, or Fromm in 2020. If they suck for two years, then Lawrence is an option. Finley is a suitable bridge in the meantime.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 09:46 PM)yang Wrote: At this stage of his career Dalton is not going to reinvent himself.  He is what he is.  He is an average QB that can perform when things go his way and he is protected in a system.  He is never going to be a QB that creates plays and wins a game on his own.  He is not the QB you can count on to simply drag a team to victory and carry them on his back like Rodgers, Luck, Brady and so on.  

And how does this draft surround him with talent?  We might not have drafted a year one starter.  We have a backup QB and TE with our first 4 picks.   We did not draft an impact player again.   We got some guys that will probably be okay and hang around the league for a while getting overpaid by the Bengals.

Trent Dilfer is a good comparison to Dalton and I would give Dalton slight edge over Dilfer in terms of throws but not by much.  Ravens won with defense.  

I think the Plan around Dalton is to take some of the weight off his shoulders.  Wear down defenses by pounding the rock.  Let Mixon carry the team and establish the run.  Dalton can hit intermediate routes (if his WR catch the ball).  This is where Sample  fits in.  Sample, Eifert, & Uzi will be interchangeable.  I see them taking a shot here and there to Green and Ross but this team is going to wear out defenses and be physical.  

Welcome to the new identity of Bengals.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 07:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Really hoping the o-line pans out this year.  The Turner hire still concerns me.

How so? I hope it has nothing to with the Dolphins thing. Incognito and Jonathan Martin were two total headcases.
Reply/Quote
Solid backup for Dalton.. if they decide to move on from Andy, he could have a chance to start
Reply/Quote