Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome To Bungles
(10-06-2019, 09:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are bad. 1-15 bad even, but not Bungle bad. We aren't seeing the bloopers..... Yet.

I was just a child but I remember my father talking about Boobie Clark and his fumbles...I mean his name was Boobie Clark...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just because someone gets fed up and calls them "The Bungles" or recalls the time they were perennially bottom feeders doesn't make them a lesser fan.

It's all about perspective and what watching this team(it is entertainment after all)does or makes you feel.

You don't have to like it... but they do have the right to call them that.

Some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen has been done by this team.

2015 playoff meltdown will forever live in my mind.  Ironically Dalton's best season and he wasn't even a part of it!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are bad. 1-15 bad even, but not Bungle bad. We aren't seeing the bloopers of the lost decade..... Yet.

They never went 1-15 in the 90’s (or any other decade).

This is shaping up to be the worst Bengals team in history.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They never went 1-15 in the 90’s (or any other decade).

Right.

How many more seasons are we going to have to watch our D and Offense be in the bottom of the league in so many categories to realize they're really kinda bad.

Mixon was about all we had to hang our hat on from last season and he's on his way to being ruined now.
Reply/Quote
I didnt watch the game this week. I forgot there was football today until about 6pm. I looked at the scores and was not surprised we lost. Mismanagement is what lost us that playoff game in 2015 when we had the talent to win it all. Mismanagement is the reason our offensive line went to shit since 2015. Why should anyone believe this organization is capable of winning a playoff game after what we saw in 2015? Its gunna be a long road back, and whos to say we can even win if we got there? I made the mistake of becoming a fan. There are so many other things in life worth doing other than watching football. Its actually nice to not think about football on sundays. The rest of the year i always have so much to do with that free time. Glad to have that free time again.
Reply/Quote
At least with the first lost decade I was in high school keeping busy, then up at Ohio State running around drunk and getting lai.. err meeting cool and funloving chicks to hang out with.

Now Im older, fatter, and mostly sober checking out single soccer moms. This second lost decade sucks so far.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: At least with the first lost decade I was in high school keeping busy, then up at Ohio State running around drunk and getting lai.. err meeting cool and funloving chicks to hang out with.

Now Im older, fatter, and mostly sober checking out single soccer moms. This second lost decade sucks so far.

Haha... You and I were at OSU at the same time. I was just up in Columbus today. They've destroyed campus.

But anyway... Yeah; we suck. Let the hyperbole reign down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 11:16 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... You and I were at OSU at the same time. I was just up in Columbus today. They've destroyed campus.

But anyway... Yeah; we suck. Let the hyperbole reign down.

Yeah its a ton different. I was in Steeb Hall, then lived on 12th, so I was more on south campus. The days of Papa Joes, Mean Mr Mustards, Sloopys, that one dance club (forgetting name), all those other places down there. All replaced by the Gateway, which I suppose is a good thing. I do miss Mama's Pasta & Brew tho, heard tehy closed recently, maybe temporarily. Decent cheap dinner, never checked my ID, hole in the wall almost literally but great memories.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 09:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know fans are upset but no Bengal fans should call the team the "Bungles."  Let alone start a thread...
Can we at least get rid of the tired corny "who dey" chant ? That should have lasted one season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They never went 1-15 in the 90’s (or any other decade).

Even when they went 3-13 in 1998 they managed to sweep the Steelers, so it wasn't a lost season.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:15 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Can we at least get rid of the tired corny "who dey" chant ? That should have lasted one season. 

Yeah, it’s cringeworthy right now.

It’s like the Starks going around telling everyone Winter is Coming...when it’s already ***** winter.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just because someone gets fed up and calls them "The Bungles" or recalls the time they were perennially bottom feeders doesn't make them a lesser fan.

It's all about perspective and what watching this team(it is entertainment after all)does or makes you feel.

2015 playoff meltdown will forever live in my mind.  Ironically Dalton's best season and he wasn't even a part of it!

Some of our biggest rivals fans call us Bungles. When we repeat it we're only confirming their negative name for us. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 10:03 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Just because someone gets fed up and calls them "The Bungles" or recalls the time they were perennially bottom feeders doesn't make them a lesser fan.

I spent the whole next day curled up in a fetal position.  I remember seeing the Green TD and then the Burfict pick and just bouncing the living room in joyful disbelief.  

Then when Hill fumbled that ball I SWEAR I could see a black nightmare cloud of doom just engulf that stadium on TV.  It was surreal.  I remember seeing fans crying as if someone had just died and truth be told that might not be far from reality.  I remember during the post game show Sims, Boomer, and Cowher were literally sick to their stomachs, not due to them merely disliking the Bengals but I think due to genuine shock at the travesty every football fan witnessed at that moment.  The Bengals were seconds away from having their most historic moment in well over 30 years and they squandered it in the most morbid, gut wrenching fashion that you could imagine.  I even knew people who were Steelers fans and I tell you they didn't even feel good about that win.  Nobody on Earth could feel good about the way that game ended.  It was a disgusting display.

If the franchise ever gets sold or moves away it will be that day that NFL historians will point to as the literal ton of bricks that finally broke the camel's back.     
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 12:48 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Some of our biggest rivals fans call us Bungles. When we repeat it we're only confirming their negative name for us. 

Well, the Bengals kind of confirm it on the field every week...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, the Bengals kind of confirm it on the field every week...

Sad part is as a franchise they confirm it more than in just playing the game.

Not only do they blunder on the field but everyone in the world knows we have the worst NFL ownership.
Reply/Quote
Was just thinking about this yesterday. So far this team has been eerily similar to those classic 90's teams. Losing games we should win because of stupid mistakes and clueless coaches/management.

And you guys haven't even seen the worst part yet -- rock bottom will be week 13 when we lose to the Jets in a blowout, making us 0-12. Management will make some dumb move that means nothing, like demote Andy or fire a secondary coach. We'll look good in a close loss to the Browns in week 14, then beat the Pats in week 15! WooHoo! What a win! Another strong victory against the winless Fins in week 16, then we'll beat the Browns in a meaningless home game week 17. We finished strong! Won our last 3! We were competitive! Guys are finally learning the system! Can't change anything. MB loves what ZT is doing; holds a press conference to support him and everything. Plus we have the second pick in the draft! Will get a really talented player! And guess what? We're bringing back a former coach! Jay Gruden? Nah, he went to the raiders. Welcome back Hue Jackson as special assistant to the head coach/head adviser to long snapper! You know that we had our most successful offense when he was in the fold, right Butch?

In the offseason, we let AJ walk (old, injured), who promptly joins the Pats and has 4 more all-pro seasons. Andy is let go, too, because we believe in Finley! Trade Price for a 5th (never panned out); Price goes on to make 2 pro bowls. With the second pick, we draft Jerry Jeudy, continuing to ignore the lines. We need AJ's replacement! Second round, we draft a DIII CB that no one's ever heard of, then a TE in 3 (Eifert's replacement!).
LB help? We're happy with our group, but we picked up a slow run stopper in 7. We love Hart, but to be safe let's pick up a backup OT who's been cut by 5 different teams. He's familiar with the system, you know. During the season, Finley gets sacked at a historic rate, can't get the ball to Jeudy, who's ACL explodes in game 5. Ross too. Mixon wants out. WJIII wants out. It's OK, we're building ... getting better week by week ... competitive, plus we'll have a high pick next draft ... Huber was an All Pro! ... injuries ... unlucky ... we have talent, just can't get it on the field together ... Missed out on Trevor Lawrence? That's OK, we like Finley better. We'll pick Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson. Pair him with Jeudy, stretch the field, that's our problem, you know ...

Welcome to the 90s, Bengals fans! Now I'm gonna go out back and shoot myself ...
Reply/Quote
I don't wanna go back to the 90's! Please nooooooooo!
Reply/Quote

True, but that's not the lost decade. The lost decade had comical buffoonery and bloopers that we haven't seen yet.

We are a bad team, possibly the worst in history, but nothing like the incompetence of teams of the lost decade. There's still time left tho.

Our only problem is the league has moved on from our aged core. Who were talented and successful/winners, at one time in their career here (unlike most of the players of the lost decade).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2019, 08:47 PM)kevin Wrote: Many of you are too young to have seen the 1990's and early 2000's of this franchise, and for that you are lucky.   It became known as Bungles as ESPN would show highlights of all games and on Bengals game part would say, " and now The Bungles ".  ESPN would make 3 Stooges noises as Bengals missed tackles and such.   So the other highlights were the main part of the show and they would give just a short time to what they called The Bungles as a comedy part of the show.   So I envy those who didn't live through those years, but the problem is the team is back into it.   Here is a running back and Bungles try to make a tackle but Whoop, Woo, Woo, Woo, Whoop.  Bungles try to go for it on 4th down but Whoop. Woo, Woo, Woo, Whoop.

Some will say the good news is team could use the high draft picks in April, but it sure will be hard to watch in 2019.   NO O Line of course, but on D the Bengals can not stop misdirection and plays to the outside.  Every team knows it now, and it's all Bengals D will see and Bengals D can do nothing to stop it.   All the D problems of 2018 are still there in 2019.  All the O line problems of 2018 are even worse in 2019.  

I guess there was hope that the Rams coach would over night make Bengals look like Super Bowl Rams, but they just look like the 2018 Bengals players a year older.  0-5 now and the schedule ahead is bleak.  This season and last season are what The Bungles Years of 1990's and early 2000's felt like.  Today I watched Bengals off and on as I followed other games.  I did hear fans Boo and they aren't wrong.  If you find yourself watching this team less and less as the season goes on,  that's probably a good thing. Yelling at the TV won't make them play any better.  Since my mood went from Hopeful to Apathy last week,  I switched channels on games and Bengals loss was no surprise to me, but I've been through BUNGLES before in my life.

There is one constant to Old Bungles and New Bungles.  Good old Mike Brown as the owner. But pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
You are the exact type of fan i can't stand. The word "Bungles" is not a word i would ever use in my vocabulary about the team i root for. I can't imagine anyone cares about your opinion of the direction of this team
Reply/Quote
Bungles. I don't really consider this team on the same level as those 90s teams.

I'm not going to sit here and make excuses, but I will point to the facts:

3 starting O-linemen are out and we have the worst RT in the game. Back in the 90s, the guys starting now would have been starters.
AJ Green is out, now Ross is out. That's nearly half the offensive starters gone.

I'm at a loss for the defense, other than the fact they have been on the field way too much.
Reply/Quote