Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome aboard Tre Hendrickson
(03-16-2021, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lawson, he is a Left End. Comes off the QB's blindside. Need to add another End like Boogie Basham in the 2nd round to replace 
Dunlap. Hubbard I bet works his ass off this Offseason too with his pass rush like he did with his run stopping game last Offseason.

Only if we're playing Tua
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Would you rather shell out the kind of money Lawson got and then bet on him being able to stay healthy?

Hell no. Said before we signed Hendrickson I would of let Lawson go and pay Hendrickson that money.

He has really good hands, similar to Hubbard but can finish unlike both Lawson and Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only if we're playing Tua

Well yeah, that goes without saying lol

Tua is a lefty, not as many lefty QB's though.
Reply/Quote
Lawson might be better but Hendrickson is pretty good. Anyways we are still going need to add a couple more pass rushers to fix the pass rush. The same thing would have been said if we signed Lawson.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Lawson might be better but this is pretty good. Anyways we are still going need to add a couple more pass rushers to fix the pass rush. The same thing would have been said if we signed Lawson.

I'm happy with the swap. I like Lawson, but I don't trust him to stay healthy and that's a lot of money to be sitting in the training room.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think the Bengals are banking on Geno Atkins being Geno Atkins of old to create havoc and force double teams to allow Hendrickson/Hubbard to finish on the outside.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:27 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'm starting to think the Bengals are banking on Geno Atkins being Geno Atkins of old to create havoc and force double teams to allow Hendrickson/Hubbard to finish on the outside.

I'm not so sure why everyone was so eager to give up on him last season when he was obviously playing hurt. Year before last he went to the Pro Bowl. I don't believe the big man is done yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not so sure why everyone was so eager to give up on him last season when he was obviously playing hurt. Year before last he went to the Pro Bowl. I don't believe the big man is done yet.

a good point on Atkins you did bring up is he played hurt.. that was different than Dunlap lack of playing time.. not sure what happens with him but I agree he is not finished yet in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: a good point on Atkins you did bring up is he played hurt.. that was different than Dunlap lack of playing time.. not sure what happens with him but I agree he is not finished yet in the NFL

The man could have elected to have surgery and sit out the season, taking away yet again one more DT from the team, but he played hurt. I think he deserved better than he got.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:27 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I'm starting to think the Bengals are banking on Geno Atkins being Geno Atkins of old to create havoc and force double teams to allow Hendrickson/Hubbard to finish on the outside.

Thinking the same thing. Guess they know more than we do. If Geno can be the Geno of old we are all good.

We still need to look to the future for when Geno is gone though.

O-line is needed now big time. Bring in Hudson and Gabe Jackson and Reiff.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm not so sure why everyone was so eager to give up on him last season when he was obviously playing hurt. Year before last he went to the Pro Bowl. I don't believe the big man is done yet.

Dont think he is done.. I think the thought pattern is after only 6 wins in 2 years we are very much in a rebuild period and during that time many teams let pricey veterans go.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Would you rather shell out the kind of money Lawson got and then bet on him being able to stay healthy?

I would rather ***** and moan for about 12-18 hours, then see that the team is adding some solid, while not over-the-top expensive guys, and start to like where they're going better. 

And if they can get the 2 guys i've already named multiple times, i'd consider FA to be a home run. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

That's a nice thought, but not a very good plan to bank on. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well yeah, that goes without saying lol

Tua is a lefty, not as many lefty QB's though.

What he's saying is, Hendrickson is a RDE and you called him left. 

Unless he's already clarified that. In that case, never mind. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What he's saying is, Hendrickson is a RDE and you called him left. 

Unless he's already clarified that. In that case, never mind. 

Ahhh, sorry. Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes I have a hard time catching all of Bfine's sarcasm...

I meant Hendrickson lines up over the Left Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Depends:

Is he hurt or whining? 

Probably will be doing both now that he’s a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahhh, sorry. Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes I have a hard time catching all of Bfine's sarcasm...

I meant Hendrickson lines up over the Left Tackle.

..and that make him a RDE. (seriously)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and that make him a RDE. (seriously)

Yes, again, sorry for not clearing that up.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dont think he is done.. I think the thought pattern is after only 6 wins in 2 years we are very much in a rebuild period and during that time many teams let pricey veterans go.

Many team do. Mike Brown tends to honor contracts.
Reply/Quote
Any chance of us brining in one more pass rusher prior to the draft? Or how unrealistic is it to think we could still sign let’s say Sammy Watkins and Trae Turner/Rodney Hudson/ Gabe Jackson?
Reply/Quote