Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome back Kevin Huber
(05-02-2022, 07:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: So draft a punter in round 3? If they were planning to take a punter n the 4th would you have complained to?

No. I wouldn’t have complained.

Huber is a decent/average punter.

But he can be improved upon. I’m sorry your feelings are hurt, I’m sure you love him cause he went to UC and is a hometown guy
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 06:28 PM)ATOTR Wrote: This seems dumb

Punter was one of a few areas the team could have really improved in.

And to bring back an average/below avg punter, who will be a year older, seems lazy and short sided

Does age make that much difference for a punter? He's only 36. It not like he needs to be fast and quick. He needs strength and to be mentally tough and technically sound. Most of the oldest players in the NFL have been kickers. Blanda kicked until he was 48. I would be more worried about some new punter that shanks the ball 20 yards in a critical situation.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 08:02 PM)Nepa Wrote: Does age make that much difference for a punter? He's only 36. It not like he needs to be fast and quick. He needs strength and to be mentally tough and technically sound. Most of the oldest players in the NFL have been kickers. Blanda kicked until he was 48. I would be more worried about some new punter that shanks the ball 20 yards in a critical situation.

He was very bad in the playoffs.

41 ypp
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 07:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is there an open competition between Huber and Chrisman, or does this signing signal Huber is handed the job?

It is an open competition according to Darrin Simmons

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Welcome back Kotter !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if i was truly worried about this but glad to see it got done.

Huber is a champion of the one year deal
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 07:56 PM)ATOTR Wrote: No. I wouldn’t have complained.

Huber is a decent/average punter.

But he can be improved upon. I’m sorry your feelings are hurt, I’m sure you love him cause he went to UC and is a hometown guy

I care about winning. Yes I love Huber. He’s a Cincinnati native and has been great for this franchise for a long time. That being said, I know he hasn’t been as effective the past few years because of age. Last year or the year before that probably should have been his last, so I have no problem moving on from him if they find a better punter. Is there better out there right now or just younger?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 06:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: There will be some good punters next year. This is good plan because Huber kick holder.  I don't know what happened to Kid from OSU.  I thought he was good.

just need Huber too hang around till McPhersons brother is in the draft lol
Reply/Quote
If some great punter comes along they REALLY like and who can also hold for McP offer kev a spot on the ROH for retirement present and call it a day..I think he should qualify as much as anyone else..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 08:14 PM)ATOTR Wrote: He was very bad in the playoffs.  

41 ypp

You're correct, but I think a better way to look at this is average punt received distance. This isn't accounting for returns, just where the team punted from and where the opposing player caught it, return or not. YPP can be misleading if the team was punting from short fields often. Note, I'm not correcting you here. I am just providing further information regarding Huber's poor playoff performance. 

On average, Huber's punts were landing around the 26 yardline, which was good for 11th out of 14 playoff teams. Definitely a disappointing performance, especially after his strong regular season. Cincinnati ranked 11th in the regular season in this same metric, with Huber usually hitting punts around the 20 yard line. Huber went from the 65th percentile in the regular season to the 7th percentile in the postseason. A dramatic drop in performance. 
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Kid Returns!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 05:23 PM)J24 Wrote: Well shit my sources were wrong.

You have sources?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: just need Huber too hang around till McPhersons brother is in the draft lol

He has a brother that punts?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 12:40 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He has a brother that punts?

Leaving HS as #1 Ranked kicker and #9 ranked punter i believe

https://www.kohlskicking.com/player-profiles/alex-mcpherson
Reply/Quote
Let's be optimistic. With Joey B having a new OL punts are going to be infrequent.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 11:35 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You have sources?

Yep I have a family member that runs a bar where Bengals players, coaches, and front office come around on a regular basis.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We need to sign a punter. Huber’s time is over.
Reply/Quote