Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Welcome much needed Kansas OT Adeniji
(04-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, didn't know much about him at all so this is good news. Was happy we took a Lineman, just didn't know anything about
Adeniji. I thought Anthony Collins was a good player for us at OT but he was specifically a LT, can Adeniji move to the right side
of the Line is my question? RG is pretty much in the air right now except for Jordan or if Price makes a monster jump in play.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-4979-1346181011-0.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm just trying to figure out why we keep drafting basketball legends. First Michael Jordan, now Hakeem and Kareem?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: anigif_enhanced-buzz-4979-1346181011-0.gif]
I see what you did there...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:04 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: He moves well and played as a Tackle. Could be like Anthony Collins again, whom we drafted from the same school last decade. If he becomes a good backup/ swing guy, then this is a very good pick.

WHO DEY for Collins. Blast from the past.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:54 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: What the hell is wrong with trey adams?   Can't play tackle in the NFL because he has a tiny dick?  I don't get his slide.  He is there and we take this guy.  Not that I have anything against Hakeem,  just seems like Adams would be a better pick.

He's a grower not a shower. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:56 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: WHO DEY for Collins. Blast from the past.

Yup. That's the only thing I thought when I saw that they drafted this guy. Some of his highlight plays make him look like a very good mover. Maybe he can become a pulling guard. But he did play LT for Kansas, so let's see how the Bengals try to play him. 

He could be like another AC.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's actually the other way around jdawg. As an OL, you don't need aerodynamics, you need a low center of gravity. A third leg would basically make you impossible to bull rush. That's just science.

Ninja

Ah, of course. of course.
Reply/Quote
This was one of my favorite late round prospects. Here are some 1v1 drills from the senior bowl. I’m not for sure when Adeniji starts but I think it’s around 15:30. Then he has more reps later in the video.

https://youtu.be/-69DwbUKfb8
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:53 AM)Burreaux Wrote: This was one of my favorite late round prospects. Here are some 1v1 drills from the senior bowl. I’m not for sure when Adeniji starts but I think it’s around 15:30. Then he has more reps later in the video.

I think if he continues to improve Adeniji can start at RG in 2021.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:13 PM)bengaloo Wrote: He was good in the Big 12. I watch a lot of those games. He can play OT or G. Good depth pick and he could end up a starter at some point

Right, He was 1st Team All Big 12 Tackle.   That means no more bringing back Andre Smith who was good in his day, but that day is over.  Several seasons out of total desperation they have brought back Smith, and he looks worse with each passing year. Just the fact they kept bringing him back shows the great need to draft an OT. Getting one who was First Team Big 12 is great, it means he has some game. Forrest Gregg came in and drafted a lot of Big 12 players saying they play tough and Bengals needed to get tough to beat the AFC North.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the vid Burreaux. I think Adeniji could be a steal man.

Dude is smart, big, fast, has long arms and quick feet. I just think he needs to keep his hands more inside the chest
so he doesn't get caught holding all the time at the next level. The initial punch is what should save him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:53 AM)Burreaux Wrote: This was one of my favorite late round prospects. Here are some 1v1 drills from the senior bowl. I’m not for sure when Adeniji starts but I think it’s around 15:30. Then he has more reps later in the video.

(04-26-2020, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the vid Burreaux. I think Adeniji could be a steal man.

Dude is smart, big, fast, has long arms and quick feet. I just think he needs to keep his hands more inside the chest
so he doesn't get caught holding all the time at the next level. The initial punch is what should save him.

Yea he could become a really good one at guard. I don’t think he has the skills to play tackle in the NFL but we shall see how the coaching staff uses him. He’s the type of guy that needs to get his hands on you early and it’s a wrap. Speed pass rushers on the edge would cause him problems at tackle right now.
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jeremiah listed his top value pick for every round and had Hakeem Adeniji listed for his 6th round value pick. We will see what happens he definitely has a chance to make the roster the guard position is wide open for starters and backups. Maybe he beats out a bottom of the roster guard like Redmond.

https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status/1254821032831025154?s=21
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 01:08 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah listed his top value pick for every round and had Hakeem Adeniji listed for his 6th round value pick. We will see what happens he definitely has a chance to make the roster the guard position is wide open for starters and backups. Maybe he beats out a bottom of the roster guard like  Redmond.

https://twitter.com/movethesticks/status/1254821032831025154?s=21

Brian Callahan said the jobs will all be earned and nothing is handed to anyone.  They want the best five to play.  They all say that, so we'll see.  But he did say Adeniji will be in the mix.   Here's hoping he steps up big, takes a spot and doesn't look back.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 02:52 AM)pulses Wrote: I think if he continues to improve Adeniji can start at RG in 2021.

I love Voch. funny as hell!  "Kansas don't know if he wanna be bad or good." 

I'd say he looked pretty good. ALton Robinson was going nowhere.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 03:50 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I love Voch. funny as hell!  "Kansas don't know if he wanna be bad or good." 

I'd say he looked pretty good. ALton Robinson was going nowhere.

I think we might find out Josh Jones was overrated as well. Gallimore was eating him up when he was playing guard. What's he gonna do when really good veterans lineup against him Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 06:38 AM)pulses Wrote: I think we might find out Josh Jones was overrated as well. Gallimore was eating him up when he was playing guard. What's he gonna do when really good veterans lineup against him Hilarious

Yeah, he looked like a hot mess. Imagine how pissed we'd all be if we drafted him and that video surfaced? 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Adams has back issues.  Disc problems never fully heal.  Trust me, I know..

Yep, and it's not just that.  He had a knee as well.

It would be a different story if he came back and looked like his old self, but he didn't.  Gronk had back surgery in college but stepped back on the field and didn't miss a beat, Adams has been a shell of himself.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 01:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Yep, and it's not just that.  He had a knee as well.

It would be a different story if he came back and looked like his old self, but he didn't.  Gronk had back surgery in college but stepped back on the field and didn't miss a beat, Adams has been a shell of himself.

It's a shame for the guy.  He could likely have been a top 5 pick.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 05:56 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: WHO DEY for Collins. Blast from the past.

I was thinking Rod Jones from Kansas as well.  He gave us a couple years of decent play at T way back in the day
Reply/Quote