Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Welcome to P&R 2.0
P & R 2.0 officially kicks off today. It was originally scheduled for Monday, but with everything set up and ready to go, we'll go ahead and get it going starting today. The previous P&R is now an archive section that can still be viewed, but not posted in.

Remember, this is a fresh start for P&R and hopefully it will provide a much better experience for members who don't want/enjoy the toxic atmosphere of the current forum. Every member will get the opportunity to start fresh with how they behave and interact in the new P&R. Any member who demonstrates they can't follow the rules or conduct themselves appropriately will subject to disciplinary action. If the problems continue. the member will find himself banned from participating in P&R at all going forward. The rules and moderation will be pretty simple:

The following violations will result in disciplinary action:

Personal/character attacks of a member (insults, name calling, belittling).
Intentionally derailing or hijacking a thread with something off-topic or from another thread.
Making posts/threads that call out members/staff, are meant to provoke, or using any slurs/derogatory terms. 

A member who is found to be violating these, as determined by the staff, will receive the following actions:

1st offense: Official Warning (can be erased if 6 months without another issue).
2nd offense: One month suspension from P&R.
3rd offense: Six month suspension from P&R.
4th offense: Permanently banned from P&R.

As I said, moving forward with the new P&R, every member has the opportunity to start fresh...with their approach, behavior and interaction style. The rules are simple enough to follow and every member will be completely responsible for their own actions. 

Hopefully, everyone will take this opportunity to clean P&R up and make the revamped version a much better place.
Reply/Quote
Glad to be back up and running sooner. This has been a rough year so far for the world and a tough time for all of us. Here is to a fresh start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I will use my one belittling insult per 6 months wisely. Cool
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Smiles Everyone! SMILES! Welcome to P&R 2.0!!!

[Image: Kh20u-1510180111-973-lists-fantasyisland_main_1200.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 08:31 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Smiles Everyone! SMILES! Welcome to P&R 2.0!!!

Were you ever a fan of the comics in hustler humor as a kid?  (asking for a friend..)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Were you ever a fan of the comics in hustler humor as a kid?  (asking for a friend..)

There were comics in Hustler? Who knew?!? Hmm
Reply/Quote

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If I called someone a loathly, poltroon, scaramouch for their sciolist opinions would I get in trouble?

Asking for a friend......
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 09:06 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: There were comics in Hustler? Who knew?!? Hmm

Yeah man, after all of the good pages got stuck together, you discovered the hustler humor section.  Oh, I guess you never made it that far into one, before your mother caught you?   Cool

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 08:31 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Smiles Everyone! SMILES! Welcome to P&R 2.0!!!

Mr. Scaramanga, how dare you dress the same as I!

I can't tell if that is Christopher Lee or not lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2020, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah man, after all of the good pages got stuck together, you discovered the hustler humor section.  Oh, I guess you never made it that far into one, before your mother caught you?   Cool

All of those adult mags had great, subversive cartoons.  

Or so I'm told.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Had an absolutely crazy, busy week this week which will not be easing any time soon so it was nice to see this this morning.

Thanks for the effort in making a clean slate here.  Hope it goes well.
Reply/Quote
haha i seemed to have missed a lot
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2020, 11:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Had an absolutely crazy, busy week this week which will not be easing any time soon so it was nice to see this this morning.

Thanks for the effort in making a clean slate here.  Hope it goes well.

You wonder why I have issue with your recently posted thread?

Quote:Making posts/threads that call out members/staff, are meant to provoke, or using any slurs/derogatory terms. 

I kind of feel like your thread on "Trump Tweets" is specifically meant to provoke people who don't agree with your opinion.  The thread is simply open ended, no specific topic of discourse.  Just a simple "catch all" thread that looks intended to rile anyone who doesn't oppose the POTUS in the same degree that you do.

I kind of feel like that is the sort of thing that we were looking to steer clear of, in this P&R reboot.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You wonder why I have issue with your recently posted thread?

I kind of feel like your thread on "Trump Tweets" is specifically meant to provoke people who don't agree with your opinion.  The thread is simply open ended, no specific topic of discourse.  Just a simple "catch all" thread that looks intended to rile anyone who doesn't oppose the POTUS in the same degree that you do.

I kind of feel like that is the sort of thing that we were looking to steer clear of, in this P&R reboot.  

Is this post not a violation of the same rule? It also seems to be a violation of this one:

Quote:Intentionally derailing or hijacking a thread with something off-topic or from another thread.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 08:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is this post not a violation of the same rule? It also seems to be a violation of this one:

I don't see it like that.  I chose to quote him here for some specific reasons.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see it like that.  I chose to quote him here for some specific reasons.

Much like most of what is discussed in this subforum, how something can be interpreted is highly subjective. You have the moderator role on your account and you publicly singled out and admonished a board member who you regularly disagree with in this forum. Even if I agree with the sentiment behind your comments here and in the thread which motivated this post, the way it was handled can easily be viewed in a very negative way.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 07:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You wonder why I have issue with your recently posted thread?

(07-26-2020, 09:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't see it like that.  I chose to quote him here for some specific reasons.

I responded to your questioning why I made a thread. 

I had the same thread in the old board filled with the dumb things Trump says.  Anyone who doesn't like Trump will like those posts and anyone who likes Trump will not.  Almost EVERY post in PNR will have someone disagree at some point and I have yet to see one flagged as "meant to provoke people who don't agree with your opinion".

If I need to post a reason or if there is a rule to posting that I am unaware of then tell me.  Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:27 PM)GMDino Wrote: I responded to your questioning why I made a thread. 

I had the same thread in the old board filled with the dumb things Trump says.  Anyone who doesn't like Trump will like those posts and anyone who likes Trump will not.  Almost EVERY post in PNR will have someone disagree at some point and I have yet to see one flagged as "meant to provoke people who don't agree with your opinion".

If I need to post a reason or if there is a rule to posting that I am unaware of then tell me.  Thank you.

Dino, it's not anything personal.  We did the reboot, almost specifically to do away with those sort of one sided threads.  Open ended threads create a pile on atmosphere.  We don't want the same 8-12 people having the same circular arguments, day after day.  We want P&R to be more inviting to folks who typically back away from posting in there, specifically because of "those" type of threads.  You can't make threads where it's automatically assumed that everything posted is going to be one sided.  Pick a specific tweet, and have your rant on it.  Otherwise, please post your threads in a way that is actually inviting for conversation from points of view that don't always agree.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 09:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Much like most of what is discussed in this subforum, how something can be interpreted is highly subjective. You have the moderator role on your account and you publicly singled out and admonished a board member who you regularly disagree with in this forum. Even if I agree with the sentiment behind your comments here and in the thread which motivated this post, the way it was handled can easily be viewed in a very negative way.

You have no idea how long I would be suspended if I posted this exact same message, But when you do it it's different..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote