Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Welcome to P&R 2.0
(07-26-2020, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dino, it's not anything personal.  We did the reboot, almost specifically to do away with those sort of one sided threads.  Open ended threads create a pile on atmosphere.  We don't want the same 8-12 people having the same circular arguments, day after day.  We want P&R to be more inviting to folks who typically back away from posting in there, specifically because of "those" type of threads.  You can't make threads where it's automatically assumed that everything posted is going to be one sided.  Pick a specific tweet, and have your rant on it.  Otherwise, please post your threads in a way that is actually inviting for conversation from points of view that don't always agree.

The thread in question is called “Trump Tweets.”

You automatically assume every Trump tweet is one sided?

Conservatives can post Trump tweets in the Trump tweets thread for balance, right?
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2020, 10:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dino, it's not anything personal.  We did the reboot, almost specifically to do away with those sort of one sided threads.  Open ended threads create a pile on atmosphere.  We don't want the same 8-12 people having the same circular arguments, day after day.  We want P&R to be more inviting to folks who typically back away from posting in there, specifically because of "those" type of threads.  You can't make threads where it's automatically assumed that everything posted is going to be one sided.  Pick a specific tweet, and have your rant on it.  Otherwise, please post your threads in a way that is actually inviting for conversation from points of view that don't always agree.

"No starting threads with one sided posts" and "no mega threads".

Is this a new official rule from the mod team?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 01:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "No starting threads with one sided posts" and "no mega threads".

Is this a new official rule from the mod team?

The new rules are certainly in flux.  I'm not trying to stir the pot but I received a warning for language that by admission was not in violation, but I used it too frequently.  I think the vast majority of us are on board with the new rules and intentions of the forum, but I also think the exact rules are going to undergo some growing pains.
Reply/Quote
My two cents, I have no issue with regulating manners, but I'm not in favor of regulating content. Imho this is a discussion board, and discussion means being ready for having one's opinion challenged. I deem it a reasonable expectation that people can handle many threads and posts that do not fit into a person's world view or mindset. Those who don't want that should not be the measure stick.

Sorry for involving my opinion, it's just because I created the former Trump tweets thread and I did not expect that to be against the rules.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 02:21 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The new rules are certainly in flux.  I'm not trying to stir the pot but I received a warning for language that by admission was not in violation, but I used it too frequently.  I think the vast majority of us are on board with the new rules and intentions of the forum, but I also think the exact rules are going to undergo some growing pains.

Understood, I just didn't see anything about political content, just behavior as hollo suggests...

(07-27-2020, 02:37 AM)hollodero Wrote: My two cents, I have no issue with regulating manners, but I'm not in favor of regulating content. Imho this is a discussion board, and discussion means being ready for having one's opinion challenged. I deem it a reasonable expectation that people can handle many threads and posts that do not fit into a person's world view or mindset. Those who don't want that should not be the measure stick.

Sorry for involving my opinion, it's just because I created the former Trump tweets thread and I did not expect that to be against the rules.

This is where I am at. Political opinions in threads are not the problem but rather how people behave. 

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 02:37 AM)hollodero Wrote: My two cents, I have no issue with regulating manners, but I'm not in favor of regulating content. Imho this is a discussion board, and discussion means being ready for having one's opinion challenged. I deem it a reasonable expectation that people can handle many threads and posts that do not fit into a person's world view or mindset. Those who don't want that should not be the measure stick.

Completely agree, here. It's actually a problem at the heart of saying that posts that "provoke" others are against the CoC. This is politics and religion; every single post is highly likely to be provocative. That's the nature of these conversations.

Trying to regulate this subforum was a challenge on the old boards, and it is a challenge here. All of us are aware of that. We can't let is become an apocalyptic hellscape free-for-all as that is bad for the forum and the board. But, over moderating it and stifling any meaningful discussion is just as likely to kill this subforum.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I've received a couple of messages about clarifications on the rules of the new P&R. There seems to be some confusion as to what is and isn't allowed. If you have a legitimate question about the rules, you can post it here and I will address it. 

(This is meant as a discussion to clarify the rules as needed...not to discuss previous moderation actions or complain about the staff. Those issues can be PMed to myself or another staff member directly and discussed in private.)
Reply/Quote
When it comes specifically to the Trump Tweets thread:

All tweets/retweets posted need to from Trump himself. No response tweets, videos or whatever that aren't directly from the POTUS. 

Any tweet or media that wasn't posted by Trump will be deleted. Any comments, opinions or disagreements should stick to the content of the tweets themselves. This will be the case for any dedicated tweets thread going forward.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 04:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When it comes specifically to the Trump Tweets thread:

All tweets/retweets posted need to from Trump himself. No response tweets, videos or whatever that aren't directly from the POTUS. 

Any tweet or media that wasn't posted by Trump will be deleted. Any comments, opinions or disagreements should stick to the content of the tweets themselves. This will be the case for any dedicated tweets thread going forward.

Are mega threads about topics (like Election 2020) okay so long as the content is focused on the election(s)?

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 04:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are mega threads about topics (like Election 2020) okay so long as the content is focused on the election(s)?

As long as a mega-thread remains on topic, yes. Once it starts to veer off course or become about something other than the original topic, it will be closed. It's up to the members to keep it on track.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 03:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've received a couple of messages about clarifications on the rules of the new P&R. There seems to be some confusion as to what is and isn't allowed. If you have a legitimate question about the rules, you can post it here and I will address it. 

(This is meant as a discussion to clarify the rules as needed...not to discuss previous moderation actions or complain about the staff. Those issues can be PMed to myself or another staff member directly and discussed in private.)

Can you define "trolling"?  Is it the deliberate attempt to provoke or does the posting of wrong information (knowingly or unknowingly) equal that level of concern?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 09:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Can you define "trolling"?  Is it the deliberate attempt to provoke or does the posting of wrong information (knowingly or unknowingly) equal that level of concern?  

Nevermind I guess.  I see where the line is and who/how it is being enforced.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Well, after observing the forum for the last month with Read Only rights. I'd like to present this musical tribute to the Mods. Members, and Admins of the "New" PnR:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, after observing the forum for the last month with Read Only rights. I'd like to present this musical tribute to the Mods. Members, and Admins of the "New" PnR:

The best performance/version of the greatest song ever crafted.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 06:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, after observing the forum for the last month with Read Only rights. I'd like to present this musical tribute to the Mods. Members, and Admins of the "New" PnR:

Does that mean you aren’t voting for Trump again?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 11:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Does that mean you aren’t voting for Trump again?

Correct.  If it was titled "Don't get fooled to begin with" he wouldn't vote for Biden.   Sarcasm

Anyways, IIRC bfine didn't vote for Trump the last time, so there's that.
Reply/Quote

Welcome back. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 02:03 AM)Dill Wrote: Welcome back. 

Thanks. I met the new boss
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I have to say that the best thing to come out of the official Bengals message board shutting down is not having to moderate political post over the last 5 years. Hats off to those of you doing the deed here, you crazy bastards.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 06:59 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I have to say that the best thing to come out of the official Bengals message board shutting down is not having to moderate political post over the last 5 years. Hats off to those of you doing the deed here, you crazy bastards.

it's deprived those of us who do not post in Jungle Noise from seeing your on notice board. 

Reply/Quote