Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welcome to the 2-2 club
(10-04-2022, 11:48 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Yes, but the Bengals are pretty good, too, and don't take a back seat to those teams.

I compare the early part of a season NFL to a good golfer that gets to the course 10 minutes before their tee time. They don't warm up, hit any balls and just go to the tee box. I'm a 5 handicapmyself and if I don't hit a few balls on the range first I literally play the first 3-4 holes terrible until the swing gets loose.

Really no different than a NFL team who that MIGHT play all their regulars together a total of 2-3 series (Bengals even less) in preseason.Yes, teams do start off 3-1/4-0 but even Cinci. with all their early issues and it still took 2 last-second GW FG's or this team is 3-1/4-0.

Damn bro. Nice.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:11 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: What it means that there’s several teams that are pretty good with our same record.

How are you basing this claim that they are better teams than us?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 12:56 AM)sandwedge Wrote: How are you basing this claim that they are better teams than us?

I didn’t say better I said pretty good teams but did say Vegas gave them better SB odds.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And for like EVERY year at the beginning of the season all the talking heads are saying it will be the Stealers. 

Stop it. No credible talking head said the Steelers were going anywhere the past two years. 
The Browns and Ravens yes, the Steelers no. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:47 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Stop it. No credible talking head said the Steelers were going anywhere the past two years. 
The Browns and Ravens yes, the Steelers no. 

Don't listen to much Sirius NFL radio, do you? Every year it's the same old "Can't count the Stealers out" nonsense.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think what is most interesting about this season so far is that there is only 1 team undefeated after week 4, the Eagles. On the flip side no team has lost every game as the Texans have an 0-3-1 record going for them.

It's really going to be a weird season, and probably a situation where the team most healthy not most talented ends up in the Super Bowl. Just so much parity which is a good thing.

I thinking normally this a blend that make it and sometimes win the Super Bowl, i team with a solid nucleus that tends to stay healthy that is the norm for getting and moving through the playoffs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The mantra that the Bengals got lucky last year is a misnomer. They did get a rhythm and confidence and delivered late in big games. But it’s not a misnomer that they slipped up on a bunch of teams. There wasn’t an exhaustive blue print on them. Call it snuck up or whatever. The same thing happened to Lamar/ Ravens after his first years. Teams learned how to defend them.

But the bottom line is if teams are going to play a deep cover two or Tampa 2 you have to be able to run the ball. They just have to fix the run game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't listen to much Sirius NFL radio, do you? Every year it's the same old "Can't count the Stealers out" nonsense.

Yes, can't count the Steelers out from making the playoffs or even winning the division[which I seriously doubt anyone said that the past two years], but no one has said "Can't count out the Steelers" from winning the Super Bowl. 

I even think they could sneak into the playoffs this year if their QB is legit. 

For example, they made the playoffs last year. But no one and I mean no one had the Steelers winning the Super Bowl, even Steeler fans knew they weren't winning the Super Bowl as I was reading their posts on their forums and none of them felt they could match up with the Chiefs. So ...

STOP IT!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote