Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the Bengals Mark Walton
Honestly, I wasn't very familiar with him. But, judging from the highlights they showed upon his selection, I like his breakaway speed, ability to catch out of the backfield, and the way he maintains his balance when spinning out of tackles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looks like we added some good depth to the RB position.

Edit: Whoops looks like I posted at the same time as Sunset. Please merge with Sunset's thread or delete.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Kid has had a tough life, good for him for making it the NFL. Hope he’s a good one for us.

Reply/Quote
I think I’m in the minority but I like it.

Reply/Quote
Surprised by a RB this early but they must have liked him. Should be a nice piece to special teams
Reply/Quote
Best Running Back available but don't think that position was a dire need.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:36 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Best Running Back available but don't think that position was a dire need.

Not a dire need, but a quality back to upgrade the bench stock.  Team probably looking to let go of some of the practice squad hangers on.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not a dire need, but a quality back to upgrade the bench stock.  Team probably looking to let go of some of the practice squad hangers on.

Agreed.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Peerman replacement, I'm thinking. Ced's had a great run here. Time to move on. Get better.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:43 PM)Shady Wrote: Peerman replacement, I'm thinking. Ced's had a great run here. Time to move on. Get better.

Gio has been a great asset to the Team.

It's time to start thinking about salary dumps....

Like the pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Honestly, I wasn't very familiar with him.  But, judging from the highlights they showed upon his selection, I like his breakaway speed, ability to catch out of the backfield, and the way he maintains his balance when spinning out of tackles.

Great pick.  This is a Paul Brown type pick.  There were only a couple good running backs left on boards in 4th round.  Paul Brown at Cleveland and Cincinnati always said it's hard not to draft a good running back. Paul Brown would like this pick. Not only does he help fill the void left by Hill gone, but he can run, catch and kick return.   I know we have Mixon and Bernand but you need a stable of running backs. Look at all the games over last couple years where all Bengals running backs were injured or playing injured. Some games we didn't have one healthy RB. THAT is why we need to add to the stable of running backs with Hill gone.  Considered the best RB in the ACC.  Again, he an run, catch and kick return. 

I love this off season and draft :  Buffalo Bills LT and LB, Center, Safety, D Line, Linebacker, Running Back with more picks to come. 

I'm looking at next picks as maybe more O Line or D Line help.  Maybe a late round CB, WR, TE and any that are kick returners is an extra. TE could be a special teams blocker & tackler. Also watch for late round QB.   Still loading up to get Play-Off Wins NOW. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah Welcome Walton. Rock On

Very good RB, can do it all and if not for the injury could of been a 2nd rounder.

Need an OT next.
Reply/Quote
I think he replaces Peerman this year as a special team we with the chance to replace Guo next ear when you look at Giod contract going forward. Good luck getting value.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:51 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Gio has been a great asset to the Team.

Like the pick.

I agree and was confused at first because he seems like a Gio clone.  His salary does make sense now if they want to put that money towards Geno.

He should have gone a lot higher, so we got good value, but I just don't understand how we could take him with offensive tackles still available and a big need there.

Maybe we like Jamarco Jones, Crosby, or Harrison, but still doesn't make much sense to me.
Reply/Quote
Future Gio replacement. Good move for the future, don't want him taking a lot of carries away this year though. Need Mixon and or Gio to get into a rhythm. Good vision and nice stiff arm. A fine value pick.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 02:51 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Gio has been a great asset to the Team.

Like the pick.

looks like an insurance pick for replacing Gio
Reply/Quote
Would have thought that they'd go RB later in this class, but the move makes sense.  RBs get hurt and this guy can catch.  
Reply/Quote
Based off lazor’s Comments we may be heading to the way they used RB’s in philly under Chip. Which will be interesting.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t Gio recently re sign though?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:25 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Didn’t Gio recently re sign though?

Only two more seasons including this year.
Reply/Quote