Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Welcome to the jungle DJ Turner !
I've said it a few times this off-season DJ Turner reminds me of Casey Hayward. This pick fits the Bengals defense... almost. His run defense leaves a little bit to be desired he will give up and extra yard or two on a tackle because hes a drag down guy... but he is always in phase in coverage no wasted movements so quick and smooth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I saw him compared to the Tyreke Hill of CBs.
Reply/Quote
We sure do love Michigan DB’s.

Reply/Quote
Bengals know what they are doing when it comes to drafting these days. Love the first two picks. Keep going...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If it wasn’t for Barry Larkin, I’d hate this pick
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 11:11 PM)basballguy Wrote: If it wasn’t for Barry Larkin, I’d hate this pick

Leon Hall literally exists.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

the worst analyst's opinion lmao great job, nicomo

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 10:24 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Really surprised Bad pick he will end up a back up special teamer or off the team in 2 years. 178 pounds against modern size wide receivers is a lose every time. I follow penn state and saw him get abused. I’m not saying this as a Michigan hater..there are 3 players off Michigan who would have been better..starting depth on ol has killed this team they don’t learn thier  lessons..they keep thinking drafting projects in the 6th round is the answer when 2 linemen go down I. December next year you will have they same result good luck

Do you want to stick to this story? In the Penn State game there were 2 balls caught against Turner and only 1 of them was a significant gain and the coverage was actually really solid in that case it was just a damn near perfectly thrown ball. What did happen though was the world class speed of Turner allowed him to catch Clifford and stop what was a certain TD. 

However, let's not play he said she said. Here is the tape for everyone to look at themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ueX8IlFKWI
Reply/Quote

Based on this scoring and recent history it bodes well for our first two picks. Both 75+

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 10:24 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Really surprised Bad pick he will end up a back up special teamer or off the team in 2 years. 178 pounds against modern size wide receivers is a lose every time. I follow penn state and saw him get abused. I’m not saying this as a Michigan hater..there are 3 players off Michigan who would have been better..starting depth on ol has killed this team they don’t learn thier  lessons..they keep thinking drafting projects in the 6th round is the answer when 2 linemen go down I. December next year you will have they same result good luck

Smirk troll.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: Smirk troll.

Pretty easy to see huh.  Smirk

Yeah, DJ Turner is about as sure of a thing as you could get, even more so than CTB last year who we traded up for because he isn't
overly aggressive to the point of costing the team. DJ could be Mike's replacement or play on the outside anytime we need. Great pick.
Reply/Quote

Michigan blew PSU away this year. PSU could barely get a first down. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:32 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Michigan blew PSU away this year. PSU could barely get a first down. 

Dude is a troll who is full of crap. I posted the defense tape of Michigan against Penn State and it more than speaks for itself. Turner had an outstanding game.
Reply/Quote
Pro bowler.
Reply/Quote
On internet I see draft people talking about him on this sports show. They say Witherspoon and then DJ Turner who might be better in hips and coverage. They compared him to WR Tyreek Hill only on defense, because he is the fastest player in the 2023 draft. But besides speed, he has the hip movement a cover corner needs. They say he can turn his body so fast going forward, backward, sideways in coverage. This showed at the combine as not only speed, but he makes his stops and cuts in one or 2 foot movements instead of 4 or 5 like most, and they say in the NFL that split second is huge. They also said he went up against some of the best WR in college, and others in draft not so much.

Bengals coaches say they can add some weight to him, but what you can't add is speed, and he has that.

So in One the Bengals got somebody who some consider one of the best DE's of size and talent in the draft. Then in Two they get who some consider maybe the best CB in the draft due to his speed and hip movement ability. Plus he was tough enough in Big 10 and goes all out, and can lay on hits in tackling. Plus the announcers said in college they never call offensive pass interference, but in NFL they do. So in NFL WR's will not be able to push off on this speedy CB right on them step for step. Plus Bengals are going to add some muscle weight to him.

I see what Bengals are doing. Last year they drafted DB's early. This year they drafted DB's and a DE early. For those who might say what about Offense ? Bengals are resigning Burrow, Chase, Higgins, maybe even Boyd, maybe even Mixon. To do this they let some expensive DB's like Bell and Bates go free agent to other teams. The Bengals are going to keep their Offensive Stars and this makes back to back drafts or stocking up on Defensive Backs including 3rd round Alabama Safety who is also very good. So there is your Offense and there is your Defense. Bengals stay locked and loaded on their team that has went Super Bowl and AFC Championship last 2 years.

That coach for Tampa and then Indy would approve. Tony Dungy. He built Super Bowl Defenses in Tampa and Indy, always saying Speed is what you need, must get faster. Bengals DE, CB and Safety just added are very Fast. The CB Turner is fastest player in the Draft. Tony Dungy who knew Defense would approve.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm buying the hype and hoping this dude excels when on the field.

Reply/Quote
Turner and Chase Brown are my two favorite picks.
Can't wait to see Turner in action.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Well, what can you say, Penn State receivers are all soapy and slippery..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote