Bengals finally get their LB!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Our Savior is born.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Omg a project at lb is not what we need at all. Im starting to really dislike this draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:06 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Omg a project at lb is not what we need at all.  Im starting to really dislike this draft.

Every linebacker in this draft is gonna be a project it was a weak class. I bet they take at least 1 more.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I like him. Former safety. That's what today's NFL needs at the LB position.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Bengals finally get their LB!

Right.  In #1 got the OT, in #3 got the LB, trade down in 2 for a TE which gives them an extra 4 and an extra 6.  Bengals have 10 picks Day 3. 

ESPN didn't show film clips of Bengals picks, they did every other team. No clips of the TE or LB. That doesn't mean they are bad. ESPN often hardly covers Bengals in the draft.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Had some pretty impressive numbers last year.
Reply/Quote
I think the most important thing about Pratt is that he's a former safety that is good in coverage. We got killed in coverage last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Right.  In #1 got the OT, in #3 got the LB, trade down in 2 for a TE which gives them an extra 4 and an extra 6.  Bengals have 10 picks Day 3. 

ESPN didn't show film clips of Bengals picks, they did every other team. No clips of the TE or LB.  That doesn't mean they are bad. ESPN often hardly covers Bengals in the draft.

Well why are you watching it on ESPN anyway? ABC showed plenty of clips.
Reply/Quote
When people get upset or excited on here based on these guys, do they actually know about the player or are they reading opinion synopsis from websites?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: When people get upset or excited on here based on these guys, do they actually know about the player or are they reading opinion synopsis from websites?

Honestly, no one knows how these guys will do in the Pros. Robert Gallery was can't miss and was a bust.

For all we know Jonah Williams could be a bust and Sample a Pro Bowl TE.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the most important thing about Pratt is that he's a former safety that is good in coverage. We got killed in coverage last year.

Bingo. Many of the families of TEs of Bengals 2018 opponents will have newspaper clippings of their games against Cincy hanging on their walls for decades.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Right.  In #1 got the OT, in #3 got the LB, trade down in 2 for a TE which gives them an extra 4 and an extra 6.  Bengals have 10 picks Day 3. 

ESPN didn't show film clips of Bengals picks, they did every other team. No clips of the TE or LB.  That doesn't mean they are bad. ESPN often hardly covers Bengals in the draft.

Agree.  Sam Hubbard is another former Safety, who plays his current position well in the NFL.  Nothing wrong with drafting athletes, they have not only the physical abilities, but the instincts and reactions to be good, no matter what position their bodies grow into.  Urlacher was a former Safety, and his career turned out pretty good.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm definately ok with Pratt in 3. I doubt there was any complete LB prospect there.

Our free agency strategy is what I question.
Reply/Quote
I wanted Pratt in the 2nd round makes me feel less angry about the Sample pick. Like others have said he's a former safety and can play all 3 downs.
Reply/Quote
Decent pick but you only salvage this day if you trade back up and get another pick. If not, it’s a bad day.
Reply/Quote
I love this one. I wanted Josh Oliver in the 2nd and Pratt in 3. I already sold myself on how much a stud blocking TE will help our O.

6'2" 240lbs gifted athlete LB that used to be a safety and excels in coverage is exactly what we needed.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see them package some of the selections they have and move back into the 3rd and go back to back backers and take Mack Wilson.
Reply/Quote
Based on what I have seen I dont understand some of these scouting reports saying he is good in coverage. They must be looking at him being a former safety and his 40 time. What I see is a very raw lb even more so than malik jefferson. He doesnt seem to play to his timed speed because he looks lost out there sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:26 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I would like to see them package some of the selections they have and move back into the 3rd and go back to back backers and take Mack Wilson.

6th round picks are not getting back into 3rd round.. they added a 4th round pick.... so you might see 3 picks in 4th round with some trades of 6th picks
Reply/Quote