Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to the team, Germaine Pratt
(04-26-2019, 11:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I like him. Former safety. That's what today's NFL needs at the LB position.

Yet his coverage skills are a bit lacking. Has the speed, but gets knocked for instincts, or lack thereof.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People also seem to be writing off Jefferson already, which is not smart. Just because he didn’t play much last year doesn’t mean he won’t this one. Jefferson could be the WILL of the future, and Pratt could be the MIKE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking about that yesterday. Is Jeffery going to figure into the plan or not. I honestly hope he does. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:19 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Yet his coverage skills are a bit lacking.  Has the speed, but gets knocked for instincts, or lack thereof.

I disagree on the coverage skills. His numbers are better than both Devin's. I do agree about instincts though. Maybe better coaching will help him. 
Still excited to see this guy in stripes, can't wait to see him lay Mayfield out!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A statement that both LBers taken in the top 10 will start right away (hence not projects) makes you burst into hysterical laughter? Ok then...

I suggest you dial it back on the orange homer-aid (you also probably hate Bush because he went to Michigan due to silly college allegiances) before it gives you diabetes.

I will take poor assumptions for $500 Alex!

One of my all time favorite baseball players is Barry Larkin and I would have loved to have drafted Charles Woodson. I will let you figure out what these guys have in common. One of my favorite modern era Bengals players is Leon Hall. He has something in common with the two athletes I previously mentioned.

If you have not taken a snap in the NFL you are a project as projection means absolutely zero.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 10:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I suggest you dial it back on the orange homer-aid (you also probably hate Bush because he went to Michigan due to silly college allegiances) before it gives you diabetes.

Better than having hater-aid give you diarrhea of the mouth.
Reply/Quote
One of my favorite things about Germaine Pratt is that he tackles like a wrestler anytime he gets his arms around someone he slams them off the turf. The AFC North is going to hate him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Better than having hater-aid give you diarrhea of the mouth.

Oh please. I loved the first pick. There’s a middle ground between being a hater, and blindly praising everything the team does.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:06 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Omg a project at lb is not what we need at all.  Im starting to really dislike this draft.

What great LB was available after the top 2 taken in first 10 picks?

Since when was a 3rd pick ever a can't miss NFL starter?

I am no draft expert, but it appears he was our 3rd best LB on the Bengals board.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:09 PM)kevin Wrote: Right.  In #1 got the OT, in #3 got the LB, trade down in 2 for a TE which gives them an extra 4 and an extra 6.  Bengals have 10 picks Day 3. 

ESPN didn't show film clips of Bengals picks, they did every other team. No clips of the TE or LB.  That doesn't mean they are bad. ESPN often hardly covers Bengals in the draft.

It is why I quit watching ESPN a long time ago, they are fake new site and big market new site. I watch NFL network and this year coverage on ABC as well.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Every linebacker in this draft is gonna be a project it was a weak class. I bet they take at least 1 more.

^^^^^^^

I agree and it is 3rd round pick. Hardly a sure fire round to grab NFL ready starters.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:15 PM)GodFather Wrote: When people get upset or excited on here based on these guys, do they actually know about the player or are they reading opinion synopsis from websites?

I know me personally I am no expert and have never watched intently 98% of the players drafted.

So I read multiple mocks and sites, look at a couple of best available sites since I have no clue after the first 25 players who is who. So, if the guys I do like fall or go we go elsewhere, I do not pretend I am an expert and know more than any NFL scouting department.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:24 PM)yang Wrote: Decent pick but you only salvage this day if you trade back up and get another pick. If not, it’s a bad day.

OK

You wanted us to give up picks and trade back into 3rd round. Tell us now, who was that one player you felt we should have traded away other pick or picks to get to make the day successful in your mind?

Reply/Quote
My favorite pick of the Draft, i think Pratt is better than the guy the Steelers traded up for in the first. Better tackler, better in coverage. Great draft.

Best OT, best blocking TE, most complete LB, talented young QB, athletic freak DT in Wren.

Anybody complaining about this draft hasn't watched these players play.

With Wren it is more about potential as he could be a first round pick based on his potential.

With new coaches we actually might see the potential come to fruition.
Reply/Quote
I just love what Ryan Finley has to say about Pratt.....

Quote:Here’s another guy that’s happy that he’s on Pratt’s team again. N.C. State linebacker Ryan Finley, the Bengals’ first pick in the fourth round. It's believed to be the first time since two picks in the 2007 seventh round that the Bengals went back-to-back with players from the same school: Notre Dame guard Dan Santucci and safety Chinedum Ndukwe.
“One thing people don’t know about Pratt is that he’s extremely intelligent,” Finley said. “He watches more film than any player I’ve ever been around, and it’s not even close. It’s really not even close. It’d be so frustrating in practice because he’d be calling out our plays before we even ran them. He already knew what was coming. He’s very intelligent, athletic, fast, and he’s just aggressive. In my opinion, he’s exactly what you’d want in a linebacker. On top of that, he’s very smart.”

Sounds like he could take over dissecting calls from Burfict....
Reply/Quote