Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the team, Jonah Williams!
I love this pick and I'm really liking what I'm hearing from Williams and the team. Sounds like the team is going for the best 5 guys on the O-line and he offers a ton of flexibility. We could move Glenn to RT or G. We could have Williams at RT. Also sounds like a good locker room guy. I'm rambling. Woo Hoo Dey!
Reply/Quote
Awesome pick!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So Williams, Boling, Price, Hart/Redmon and Glenn at RT?

That's what I'm hoping for. Looks like the line could be a strength if Price plays like people think he can. I'd still like to draft a G in round 4 or so that can take over for Boling when is contract expires after this year. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So Williams, Boling, Price, Hart/Redmon and Glenn at RT?

Williams, Boling, Price, Miller, Glenn
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Cordy a guard at Georgia? Perhaps he's a candidate to move inside.
Reply/Quote
Quote:“Week one starter regardless. Mr. Smooth and Consistent,” says Ourlads Scouting Services. “Chases after linebackers like a big bully in the hallway. Only a matter of time until he reaches them, and when he does, it doesn’t end well for them. Finishes blocks with violence and will recover well on the rare occasions he is beat initially.”
Smiling..... Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Coach Taylor is happy with this pick. He says it was an easy pick. This guy could flat out block at Bama in the SEC.

If Coach Taylor is happy, then I am happy. I just didn't want another pick where Front Office went against coaching staff. With all the players on the board, there is no reason at all for Front Office and Coaches to not be on the same page. In the 2019 Draft, the Bengals are on the same page on this pick, as they should be.

So Bengals get a left tackle who can play anywhere. Sound like Whitworth who turned around LA Rams Taylor was with.

This Williams eats and sleeps football. Studies his opponents on game film that he has to block. Learns the playbook inside and out,

So he probably may be the right tackle at first. Could end up the left tackle. Could play anywhere on the line in his career.

Bengals needed blocking. No run lanes, no pass time. New Coach very happy they added this guy as " an Easy Choice ".

Look, the 2 linebackers were gone, both Devin's. Nobody had taken O Line. Bengals took first O Lineman in draft.

Coach Taylor is happy, so I'm happy. Not Who Dey, but New Dey as somebody on here came up with. NEW DEY. GO BENGALS.

I'm going to add this. Price had rookie injuries that kept him out all training camp and first 8 games. Urban Meyer says Price one of best players he ever had at any school he coached. You give us a healthy Price, this Jonah Williams, the tackle we got from Bills, and these others and THIS team could really start blocking and I mean 1980's Bengals type Blocking. Bengals could be building Pro Bowl types on a Super Bowl type O Line. I know some of you never saw the 80's Bengals, or the 70's Raiders or the 60's Packers, or the 80's Redskin Hogs. When you have a dominate O Line, you become a team that can beat anybody. There were games Boomer said the heck with passing, they can't stop our run. If they can BLOCK for Mixon and teams can't stop it, then just like 80's Bengals those passes get Wide Open. It's nice to see defenses huffing and puffing 4th quarter because your O Line has kicked their rear ends.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sounds like he has the potential to be a whitworth type tackle. Just needs to bulk up a little. Excellent value. Good pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:24 PM)kevin Wrote: Coach Taylor is happy with this pick. He says it was an easy pick.  This guy could flat out block at Bama in the SEC.  

If Coach Taylor is happy, then I am happy.  I just didn't want another pick where Front Office went against coaching staff.  With all the players on the board, there is no reason at all for Front Office and Coaches to not be on the same page. In the 2019 Draft, the Bengals are on the same page on this pick, as they should be.

So Bengals get a left tackle who can play anywhere.  Sound like Whitworth who turned around LA Rams Taylor was with.  

This Williams eats and sleeps football.  Studies his opponents on game film that he has to block. Learns the playbook inside and out,

So he probably may be the right tackle at first. Could end up the left tackle. Could play anywhere on the line in his career.

Bengals needed blocking. No run lanes, no pass time.  New Coach very happy they added this guy as " an Easy Choice ".

Look, the 2 linebackers were gone, both Devin's.  Nobody had taken O Line.  Bengals took first O Lineman in draft.

Coach Taylor is happy, so I'm happy.  Not Who Dey, but New Dey as somebody on here came up with. NEW DEY.  GO BENGALS.
nothing is an easy pick.. but with that said i do think the Bengals got a very high value pick at 11 lets hope he plays to the level that he was drafted
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 10:37 PM)Synric Wrote: The question is will Jonah Williams play left tackle or right tackle?

He will start at RT, then kick over to LT for the next 9 years or so.   Great pick.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I didn’t want a tackle at #11 but with that said, I don’t hate it. I hope that he can be a rock at LT for a decade or more.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:13 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: That's what I'm hoping for. Looks like the line could be a strength of Price plays like people think he cant. I'd still like to draft a G in round 4 or so that can take over for Boling when is contract expires after this year. 

They could get Cody Ford (OT/G) in the second round if he is still there.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He will start at RT, then kick over to LT for the next 9 years or so.   Great pick.  

Maybe but Glenn would be a nice fit at RT as the lead road grader and it would put the rookie Jonah Williams next to their most experienced and best linemen Boling...Not to mention Jonah was a Left Tackle for alot of his college career even if he did start out on the right side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I hate to throw cold water on this but someone has to. People are celebrating Price when I am still pissed about the pick last year and predicted he wouldn’t be better than what we had based on film and scouting reviews. We panicked and took him when Ragnow was yanked out beneath us.

And Williams does not have the size or athleticism to be all pro imho. He might even end up at guard. He is smaller and not athletic.

And the Steelers jumped up in front of us because everyoje knows we won’t make the moves it takes.

If he doesn’t start and we passed stud players we ****** up. If he ends up being Jake Fischer we screwed up.

But hey, we get a good QB with our high pick next year!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:58 PM)yang Wrote: I hate to throw cold water on this but someone has to.   People are celebrating Price when I am still pissed about the pick last year and predicted he wouldn’t be better than what we had based on film and scouting reviews.  We panicked and took him when Ragnow was yanked out beneath us.  

And Williams does not have the size or athleticism to be all pro imho.  He might even end up at guard.  He is smaller and not athletic.  

And the Steelers jumped up in front of us because everyoje knows we won’t make the moves it takes.

If he doesn’t start and we passed stud players we ****** up.  If he ends up being Jake Fischer we screwed up.

so if you think we overdrafted at tackle.. tell me how Steelers did not overdraft at LB???  normal years  Bush would not even be considered at 10
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:58 PM)yang Wrote: I hate to throw cold water on this but someone has to.   People are celebrating Price when I am still pissed about the pick last year and predicted he wouldn’t be better than what we had based on film and scouting reviews.  We panicked and took him when Ragnow was yanked out beneath us.  

And Williams does not have the size or athleticism to be all pro imho.  He might even end up at guard.  He is smaller and not athletic.  

If he doesn’t start and we passed stud players we ****** up.  If he ends up being Jake Fischer we screwed up.

Wah.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:16 PM)samhain Wrote: Wasn't Cordy a guard at Georgia?  Perhaps he's a candidate to move inside.

I'm not so sure that Cordy's knees can bend that well, anymore..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

There's one!
Reply/Quote

Go to sleep, kid..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nice pick, I love building through the trenches. We have a nice young foundation on the O-line with two 1st rounders in Price and Williams playing on rookie contracts. Maybe the O-line can become a strength this season.
Reply/Quote