Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Andy COULD throw, but...
Tells me there's really no reason to at this point in the offseason. Makes sense to me.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
I guess the thoughts of him having been able to return for the Divisional round were fantasy.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 01:54 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I guess the thoughts of him having been able to return for the Divisional round were fantasy.

not ncessarily.  different decisions could have been made if the team kept playing.  Once they lost there was zero reason to push anything.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 01:54 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I guess the thoughts of him having been able to return for the Divisional round were fantasy.

Hey now, he threw left handed in practice that one time! Ninja
Reply/Quote
He wasn't returning for the playoffs. We know that now. Maybe that was a "belief" so that players didn't give up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It seems like a thumb is a much smaller injury than a knee or shoulder or something like, but for a QB the thumb is crucial to throwing the ball well. Andy could have played with a knee or ankle at 75%, but his thumb needed to be close to 100%.

We have been vefry lucky with Dalton and injuries. We were due to lose him for a few games.

And if he lets it heal 100% it should not be something that will effect him going forward. With many QBs if they have a serious shoulder injury they are never the same.
Reply/Quote
Wait until it's fully healed?  It's been 8 weeks and he has been out of a cast for 4 weeks. It should be fully healed now.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 05:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wait until it's fully healed?  It's been 8 weeks and he has been out of a cast for 4 weeks. It should be fully healed now.

It's the off season. He doesn't have to pick up a ball until training camp for all I care. I'd rather he plays it safe so he is ready to pick up where he left off last season.
Reply/Quote
We talked about it on here when it happened. A thumb injury, regardless of what it is, is brutal. Just a sprained thumb can be devastating. It's such an integral part of anything related to the hands that you would rather have almost any other injury. Just simple tasks like tying shoes or drinking from becomes difficult with a thumb injury, let alone playing NFL QB and throwing it 30+ times with the potential of the hand getting hit every play.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 05:41 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: It's the off season. He doesn't have to pick up a ball until training camp for all I care. I'd rather he plays it safe so he is ready to pick up where he left off last season.

It's not about playing it safe. Your average thumb fracture in your Average Joe will heal in 6-8 weeks. A professional athlete will be able to play in 4-6 weeks. Unless something unforeseen happened or they're being deliberately misleading as usual, that fracture should be fully healed and after 8 weeks of healing throwing a football won't make a fracture worse or delay the healing of a fracture. 
Reply/Quote
Just glad it wasn't anything too serious.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I chopped off a bit of my index finger a few weeks ago with a table saw and it's still pretty useless. Just wiping my rear end is a major pain in the...well..index finger...
I bet you thought I was gonna say thumb.. Ha!
Yeah, let's all get down on Andy for breaking his thumb and say he's faking it so he wouldn't have to lose another playoff game.. That'll teach them squeeler fans!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh, no biggee. I can't even remember the last time I picked up a football.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 10:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah,  let's all get down on Andy for breaking his thumb and say he's faking it so he wouldn't have to lose another playoff game.. That'll teach them squeeler fans!

Who wrote that?
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 10:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who wrote that?

Shhhhh.....he's wiping.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

he might have but since we lost there was no reason for him to rush it back and risk a potential set back in the recovery process...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 06:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It's not about playing it safe. Your average thumb fracture in your Average Joe will heal in 6-8 weeks. A professional athlete will be able to play in 4-6 weeks. Unless something unforeseen happened or they're being deliberately misleading as usual, that fracture should be fully healed and after 8 weeks of healing throwing a football won't make a fracture worse or delay the healing of a fracture. 

but its february 12th.... He doesnt need to be throwing right now
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 12:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: but its february 12th....   He doesnt need to be throwing right now

I agree. He doesn't need to throw. Andy said he might as well wait until the bone is healed, not me. The bone should be healed. So why is Andy still waiting for the bone to heal?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 06:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree. He doesn't need to throw. Andy said he might as well wait until the bone is healed, not me. The bone should be healed. So why is Andy still waiting for the bone to heal?

last thing i saw from dalton was he was waiting till its comfirmed his thumb is 100% healed so probly just another visit to the Doctor
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 05:41 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: It's the off season. He doesn't have to pick up a ball until training camp for all I care. I'd rather he plays it safe so he is ready to pick up where he left off last season.

ThumbsUp
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote