Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Well First Ya Fix This
Tiger

I understand that guys get hurt in this process. Now why would we be paying a guy 30-50 million a season and not TOTALLY evaluating his protection. Now mind you when healthy this line produced but.... Who backed the starters after that SB experience that Sooo Many
Our Starters

Williams/  Volson/ Karras /Cappa/Collins

Our Backups/ Starters

Carman/ I dunno / Who Hill/ Texans Guy/ Adeniji

How do we fix this!!!!! Damn It How
- Shouldve called Quinton Spain bk* 380lbs now
- Why did we draft Jackson Carman... *Well he proved it in the Buffalo game.
- Adeniji well he proved it in the Buffalo game. So what
- Volson well hes just a rookie and has played well..Which he has!!!
What about Mr. Glass Eater not making adjustments!ok The coach.
This isn't the draft class if you don't pick properly.

How many times did Joe get sacked in the last three years as a Bengal? Can this team sustain that?

I love Joe & this team but you can't give him 40+ unprotected..... What did we pay last offseason...
This draft is soooo important!
Reply/Quote
You can’t plan on losing three guys. Two right next to each other.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You can’t plan on losing three guys. Two right next to each other.

Collins was bad before he got hurt. I think that RT was always gonna be a need this off-season and now it really is important. I would also love to bring in someone that could compete for the LG spot or be valuable depth.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You can’t plan on losing three guys. Two right next to each other.

Tiger

Absolutely you can as an organization by drafting well and grabbing the FA that fit which they did a decent job of. I'm calling out how this team has drafted offensive lineman over the last 2-3 years. There are some stat guys out there which I'm not that can go 1-4
Reply/Quote
I still question coaching , we continue to struggle with our Oline, sure we improved but not the level expected and our running game was still not strong.. How long are we going to give Pollack to turn this around ?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:02 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Absolutely you can as an organization by drafting well and grabbing the FA that fit which they did a decent job of. I'm calling out how this team has drafted offensive lineman over the last 2-3 years. There are some stat guys out there which I'm not that can go 1-4

No you can’t. You can’t plan for every possible contingency. There’s not enough money. If you have three guys that can step in and get the job done, then those guys are good enough to get paid. It’s not like when you lose one guy and you get to put in your best backup and work to help him if necessary.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Collins was bad before he got hurt. I think that RT was always gonna be a need this off-season and now it really is important. I would also love to bring in someone that could compete for the LG spot or be valuable depth.

I have no problem if they go RT in the first, but then Collins needs to go.

Reply/Quote
Left tackle. Williams sucks
Reply/Quote
Hey, a thread about the oline...this is new.

We should talk Andrew Whitworth out of retirement
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I still question coaching , we continue to struggle with our Oline, sure we improved but not the level expected and our running game was still not strong.. How long are we going to give Pollack to turn this around ?

I don't know. Let's look back to earlier this year...

Joe Burrow in games where he had a healthy, utterly average offensive line after playing 2 whole games together.

292/423 69% 3348 7.9 28/6 108.7 rating

Sacked 24 times in 12 games (NYJ through Tampa). 2 per game. This doesn't even include the Pats game, when Collins went down right before halftime, where he threw for 375 and 3 tds.

The run game was spotty at best. That's something that needs to be fixed big time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 08:16 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I understand that guys get hurt in this process. Now why would we be paying a guy 30-50 million a season and not TOTALLY evaluating his protection. Now mind you when healthy this line produced but.... Who backed the starters after that SB experience that Sooo Many
Our Starters

Williams/  Volson/ Karras /Cappa/Collins

Our Backups/ Starters

Carman/ I dunno / Who Hill/ Texans Guy/ Adeniji

How do we fix this!!!!! Damn It How
- Shouldve called Quinton Spain bk* 380lbs now
- Why did we draft Jackson Carman... *Well he proved it in the Buffalo game.
- Adeniji well he proved it in the Buffalo game. So what
- Volson well hes just a rookie and has played well..Which he has!!!
What about Mr. Glass Eater not making adjustments!ok The coach.
This isn't the draft class if you don't pick properly.

How many times did Joe get sacked in the last three years as a Bengal? Can this team sustain that?

I love Joe & this team but you can't give him 40+ unprotected..... What did we pay last offseason...
This draft is soooo important!

If KC was missing 3 OL starters I doubt they make the SB. We played well against the Bills. But let’s not forget an untimely punt return and personal foul caused us to lose with 8 seconds left. If it goes to OT I think we win.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 11:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If KC was missing 3 OL starters I doubt they make the SB. We played well against the Bills. But let’s not forget an untimely punt return and personal foul caused us to lose with 8 seconds left. If it goes to OT I think we win.

thats mighty optimistic of you. The bengals couldnt move the ball at all consistently. They were bailed out by Burrow making miraculous plays multiple times.

Kc's offense was moving the ball much more effectively. The bengals defense just locked it down once kc got to the redzone
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:02 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

This reveals a lack of knowledge of NFL line backups. Every team would love starters backing up starters and NO TEAM expects to lose a starter on the line each of the last 3 weeks of the season.

Spain literally lost the SB because he failed to do the one thing he had to do, not get beat outside.  All he had to do was step that way instead of lunging and missing. Not one team wanted Spain and our brilliant fanbase believes the guy is Larry Allen.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 10:50 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Left tackle.  Williams sucks

Williams is here next season no matter what.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:00 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This reveals a lack of knowledge of NFL line backups. Every team would love starters backing up starters and NO TEAK expects to lose a starter on the line each of the last 3 weeks of the season.

Spain literally lost the SB because he failed to do the one thing he had to do, not get beat outside.  All he had to do was step that way instead of lunging and missing. Not one team wanted Spain and our brilliant fanbase believes the guy is Larry Allen.

you're scapegoating Spain for getting beat by the best DT in the game...

it's slightly unfair is all
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 09:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I have no problem if they go RT in the first, but then Collins needs to go.

Cant let LC go until he is off the IR and we have no idea when that may be (exception; medical settlement), but we desperately need a RT for the future.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're scapegoating Spain for getting beat by the best DT in the game...

it's slightly unfair is all

No Im not, he absolutely did not do his job, which wasnt to defeat AD one on one, it was simply to get in his way so that he rushed to the inside where Hopkins was waiting.  You could have stepped to the left and let AD run over you and done a better job.  It was a terrible effort in the biggest moment. 

There is a reason we never considered him this season and why no other team came calling.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: No Im not, he absolutely did not do his job, which wasnt to defeat AD one on one, it was simply to get in his way so that he rushed to the inside where Hopkins was waiting.  You could have stepped to the left and let AD run over you and done a better job.  It was a terrible effort in the biggest moment. 

There is a reason we never considered him this season and why no other team came calling.

yea yea I've heard it before

you're very passionate about quentin spain, im not gonna argue with you 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 12:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: yea yea I've heard it before

you're very passionate about quentin spain, im not gonna argue with you 

Watch the tape, has nothing to do with passion, it is basic football, only his mother makes excuses for that play.

Tyler Boyd had a huge mental error that game to go along with the terrible dropped pass.  Lots of plays cost us the game, but Spain's play effectively ended any chance of winning.

Reply/Quote
What's the deal with La'el Collins? He was Pro Bowl level in Dallas. Yet graded poorly for us. With his old line coach. I'm willing to give him another year, and he's going to be here either way.

The good news is that the line pass blocked well after the first few weeks.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote