Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns announce sellout in home finale vs. Bengals
Browns announce sellout in home finale vs. Bengals

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-sellout-home-finale-Bengals-126695121/

After a home game against the Carolina Panthers, quarterback Baker Mayfield called on the fans to show up and be loud for the home finale against the Cincinnati Bengals.

"We are becoming a team that is prideful of playing at home and protecting our territory. We would love to have more fan support. Today was cold, I get it, but having more people, especially at our last home game coming up, we would love to have more people in the stands cheering for us because we feed off of the energy. You can tell it is very obvious. I do not have to say it how our defense feeds off of the energy in the stadium, and being able to start fast and get that going and put teams in a bind and put pressure on them," Mayfield said.

“It is the last home game. Every year feels like a very, very long off-season like you are waiting for that first home game for a long time so I am expecting the fans to show up and show support. Last home game of the year and for us just to be able to finish out on a high, note that would just be great to have that support there."

The fans have responded positively. The franchise has reported a sell out.

In all likelihood, the team will not make a playoff appearance this season. There is still a lot for which fans can be thankful, however. The Browns have won four of their last five games and have a reasonable chance to finish with a 7-8-1 record, which would be the team's best since 2007. The most exciting aspect of this season has been the play of Mayfield.

Cleveland has the chance to sweep an opponent for the first time since 2007. It is a statistic that is starting to hit home with those in the locker room.

"I feel like until you hear and see and feel what has been felt by the people that's been in it, you don't really understand the magnitude of it. Now, being here, being a Cleveland Brown, playing inside of this division and understanding you guys' feelings and the city as well, you understand what this game means. I am happy to be a part of it now and appreciate it. I hope we can do that for you guys, for real," wide receiver Jarvis Landry said.

The growth and record improvement is a testament to a culture change being orchestrated within the confines of the team's headquarters in Berea.

“We emphasize [changing the culture] from the time we start every off-season program – April 14 this year. It is on our board. It is on our walls when they come into the room. It is something that they look at every single day. You have to do a good job at home. You have to do a good job in you division. You have to do a good job every week. The big emphasis is defending you home stadium, playing in your home stadium and doing that. Obviously, when you are doing that, your home field advantage becomes strong. I have been places where – I think that I have told you before – defensively when you are playing at home, the coach to middle linebacker communication is working fine, but they cannot hear me. There is no way. We have to do all kinds of other ways to get it in there because the home crowd is rocking and rolling and enjoying the games, too. Part of getting the excitement in the crowd and the excitement at home is you have to play well, and you have to keep on doing that," interim head coach Gregg Williams explained.

The coach expects a good crowd for this weekend's game.

"Hopefully, it is good. It has been really good since I have been here. That is one of the things that has been impressive that we talk about with our team. We talk about the responsibility, especially that we have defensively, on getting those guys behind us. They are supposed to be quiet when Baker is out there, but when the other team is out there, we are supposed to be rocking and rolling. That is how well you are playing on defense and how competitive you are in the game. Expect it to be good," he finished.

Cleveland has a 4-2-1 record in FirstEnergy Stadium this season. They compete this weekend against Cincinnati, whom they defeated in Week 12 - 35-20.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
"The growth and record improvement is a testament to a culture change being orchestrated"

We so very badly need this in Cincinnati.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 08:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: "The growth and record improvement is a testament to a culture change being orchestrated"

We so very badly need this in Cincinnati.

My guess is we will bounce back quicker than the Browns did with the worse franchise record in nfl  history over  a 10 to 15 year history..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2018, 12:38 AM)Vambo Wrote: Browns announce sellout in home finale vs. Bengals

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Browns-sellout-home-finale-Bengals-126695121/

After a home game against the Carolina Panthers, quarterback Baker Mayfield called on the fans to show up and be loud for the home finale against the Cincinnati Bengals.

"We are becoming a team that is prideful of playing at home and protecting our territory. We would love to have more fan support. Today was cold, I get it, but having more people, especially at our last home game coming up, we would love to have more people in the stands cheering for us because we feed off of the energy. You can tell it is very obvious. I do not have to say it how our defense feeds off of the energy in the stadium, and being able to start fast and get that going and put teams in a bind and put pressure on them," Mayfield said.

“It is the last home game. Every year feels like a very, very long off-season like you are waiting for that first home game for a long time so I am expecting the fans to show up and show support. Last home game of the year and for us just to be able to finish out on a high, note that would just be great to have that support there."

The fans have responded positively. The franchise has reported a sell out.

In all likelihood, the team will not make a playoff appearance this season. There is still a lot for which fans can be thankful, however. The Browns have won four of their last five games and have a reasonable chance to finish with a 7-8-1 record, which would be the team's best since 2007. The most exciting aspect of this season has been the play of Mayfield.

Cleveland has the chance to sweep an opponent for the first time since 2007. It is a statistic that is starting to hit home with those in the locker room.

"I feel like until you hear and see and feel what has been felt by the people that's been in it, you don't really understand the magnitude of it. Now, being here, being a Cleveland Brown, playing inside of this division and understanding you guys' feelings and the city as well, you understand what this game means. I am happy to be a part of it now and appreciate it. I hope we can do that for you guys, for real," wide receiver Jarvis Landry said.

The growth and record improvement is a testament to a culture change being orchestrated within the confines of the team's headquarters in Berea.

“We emphasize [changing the culture] from the time we start every off-season program – April 14 this year. It is on our board. It is on our walls when they come into the room. It is something that they look at every single day. You have to do a good job at home. You have to do a good job in you division. You have to do a good job every week. The big emphasis is defending you home stadium, playing in your home stadium and doing that. Obviously, when you are doing that, your home field advantage becomes strong. I have been places where – I think that I have told you before – defensively when you are playing at home, the coach to middle linebacker communication is working fine, but they cannot hear me. There is no way. We have to do all kinds of other ways to get it in there because the home crowd is rocking and rolling and enjoying the games, too. Part of getting the excitement in the crowd and the excitement at home is you have to play well, and you have to keep on doing that," interim head coach Gregg Williams explained.

The coach expects a good crowd for this weekend's game.

"Hopefully, it is good. It has been really good since I have been here. That is one of the things that has been impressive that we talk about with our team. We talk about the responsibility, especially that we have defensively, on getting those guys behind us. They are supposed to be quiet when Baker is out there, but when the other team is out there, we are supposed to be rocking and rolling. That is how well you are playing on defense and how competitive you are in the game. Expect it to be good," he finished.

Cleveland has a 4-2-1 record in FirstEnergy Stadium this season. They compete this weekend against Cincinnati, whom they defeated in Week 12 - 35-20.
Woo hoo!  The big culture change.  Seems the slightest iota of class is not part of it.  The Browns will again act like they won the SB if they beat a team destroyed by injuries.  I guess winning eight or nine games in three years is a truly epic accomplishment.  Another five or six years, they might actually be in the playoffs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 02:42 PM)McC Wrote: Woo hoo!  The big culture change.  Seems the slightest iota of class is not part of it.  The Browns will again act like they won the SB if they beat a team destroyed by injuries.  I guess winning eight or nine games in three years is a truly epic accomplishment.  Another five or six years, they might actually be in the playoffs.

[Image: 9b964365f253395f8854.jpg] Hilarious
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote