Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I guess Marvin has to go
Still a very undisciplined team. I don't know how they keep him after this year.
Reply/Quote
Simple. He's under contract through next year. That's how they keep him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
That's going to be a tough pill for fans to swallow. I don't see any way he keeps his job. Contract or not.
Reply/Quote
He will stay. Horse pill to swallow, yet is what it is.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:39 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Simple.  He's under contract through next year.  That's how they keep him.

2010, contract expires after second 4-win season in 3 years. Marvin gets an extension.

Even if this was a contract year, there's no way in hell Marvin is going anywhere. Especially after 5 straight playoff appearances. #mediocrityisthegoal
Reply/Quote
***** should've been gone before Dalton and Green got here. They've been bailing his ass out for the last 5 seasons and his luck finally ran out.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
He isnt going anywhere unless he himself decides to walk. Mike Brown stated after 2010 that he can coach here as long as he wishes. I imagine that attitude hasnt changed any after 5 straight playoff appearances
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:50 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: He isnt going anywhere unless he himself decides to walk.  Mike Brown stated after 2010 that he can coach here as long as he wishes.  I imagine that attitude hasnt changed any after 5 straight playoff appearances

When did Mike say that? I don't doubt it but I'd like to see some sources 
Reply/Quote
Mikey Boy lives on and so does Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Our only hope is that he resigns because Mikey isn't going to pay a guy NOT to work.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:54 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Our only hope is that he resigns because Mikey isn't going to pay a guy NOT to work.

Well get some garbage, throw it on marvs lawn until takes his ball and goes home 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well get some garbage, throw it on marvs lawn until takes his ball and goes home 

Well knowing Marvin's awareness he wouldn't notice the garbage is even there for five years.
Reply/Quote
I thought Katie and Troy were running things for the most part. Maybe we are seeing how the team will be run for the rest of our lifetimes.
Reply/Quote
Worst game Marvin Lewis has ever coached. It was like he was trying to get fired. Calling a time out allowing the ravens time to challenge the first down spot was idiotic. Allowing The best kicker in the entire league to kick a fg instead of pushing him back 10 more yards? The idiotic decision to keep Nugent costing them yet another missed extra point.
Reply/Quote
Marvin didn't call that time out. Dalton did because the play clock was expiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:51 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: When did Mike say that? I don't doubt it but I'd like to see some sources 
Ive tried finding it but I cant.  Im going off memory of course but I distinctly remember him saying something to that effect.  I remember because it made me ill.  I cant remember the exact year though
Reply/Quote
Who knows if Marvin is really going anywhere. We might get a new assistant coach somewhere. It's hard to have any faith in this team until a complete house cleaning takes place.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 07:50 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: He isnt going anywhere unless he himself decides to walk.  Mike Brown stated after 2010 that he can coach here as long as he wishes.  I imagine that attitude hasnt changed any after 5 straight playoff appearances

Marvin actually walked away from those negotiations at one point. It took Katie getting heavily involved, Mike giving up more control and even an encouraging call from Sam Wyche to get the deal done. That process was actually pretty contentious. Hell, remember the awkward ass press conference?  Mellow

What worries me is that Mike will make a change after the season and that he'll want to revert to his old ways...wanting to be more involved and giving the new HC a limited amount of power. I hope I'm completely wrong about that, if a coaching change does happen.

That's the double-edged sword with the HCing situation here. I think the majority agree that Marvin's time should be up, but what will they be looking for in a replacement? I hope that Katie will still have an important voice in the process and that she'll want to look outside the organization. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:00 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Marvin didn't call that time out. Dalton did because the play clock was expiring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should have never got to that point coaches should have seen he was short and told the players to get to the line quick as possible and get a play off or at least that's what good teams do or teams with common sense.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin actually walked away from those negotiations at one point. It took Katie getting heavily involved, Mike giving up more control and even an encouraging call from Sam Wyche to get the deal done. That process was actually pretty contentious. Hell, remember the awkward ass press conference?  Mellow

What worries me is that Mike will make a change after the season and that he'll want to revert to having someone he can control. I hope I'm wrong about that, if a coaching change does happen.

That's the double edge sword with the HCing situation here. I think the majority agree that Marvin's time should be up, but what will they be looking for in a replacement? I hope that Katie will still have an important voice in the process and that she'll want to look outside the organization. 

For the love of God, I hope so.
Reply/Quote