Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I guess Marvin has to go
(11-27-2016, 07:54 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Our only hope is that he resigns because Mikey isn't going to pay a guy NOT to work.

Shula and Coslett were both fired during the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Shula and Coslett were both fired during the season.

Shula was fired after a 21-0 lead slipped away from the bengals against san fran in 96.  Coslet quit after a 37-0 drubbing at the hands of the ravens in 2000
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:32 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Shula was fired after a 21-0 lead slipped away from the bengals against san fran in 96.  Coslet quit after a 37-0 drubbing at the hands of the ravens in 2000

Hmm, always thought he got canned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin actually walked away from those negotiations at one point. It took Katie getting heavily involved, Mike giving up more control and even an encouraging call from Sam Wyche to get the deal done. That process was actually pretty contentious. Hell, remember the awkward ass press conference?  Mellow

What worries me is that Mike will make a change after the season and that he'll want to revert to having someone he can control. I hope I'm wrong about that, if a coaching change does happen.

That's the double-edged sword with the HCing situation here. I think the majority agree that Marvin's time should be up, but what will they be looking for in a replacement? I hope that Katie will still have an important voice in the process and that she'll want to look outside the organization. 

Ah yes... "The Press Conference".... *shudders*

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Katie had mostly all of the control now? Any idea how much control Katie has?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:43 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ah yes... "The Press Conference".... *shudders*

I thought it was a foregone conclusion that Katie had mostly all of the control now? Any idea how much control Katie has?

This is from 2 years ago:

Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe 
Just interviewed Mike Brown. Biggest nugget was Mike says Marvin and his daughter, Katie, now run the franchise. "Ball is in their court."
12:34 PM - 22 Jul 2014

Hopefully, if Marvin is fired or walks away, Katie will be in charge of the search for the new HC.
Reply/Quote
[Image: circus_zpsicz3lqks.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is from 2 years ago:

Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe 
Just interviewed Mike Brown. Biggest nugget was Mike says Marvin and his daughter, Katie, now run the franchise. "Ball is in their court."

Hopefully, if Marvin is fired or walks away, Katie will be in charge of the search for the new HC.

Well she'd better not continue with that "promote from within" bullcrap. If she does, well... For the next few generations we are s*** out of luck and jolly well f****d. 
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2016, 08:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This is from 2 years ago:

Joe Danneman @FOX19Joe 

Afraid that is too much to hope for. Been a Bengal fan way too long to have much hope. So sad.
Reply/Quote