Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I'm a bit disappointed.
(11-06-2017, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was actually hoping to come home from work today, and see the news that Marvin Lewis had been canned by the Bengals.

Oh well, I guess a middle aged guy can daydream..

I'm a middle aged guy and the last thing I daydream about is Marvin Lewis.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread made me think of a line from Marvin at the news conference yesterday:

“No, I don’t wonder. You wonder — I don’t have to wonder (laughs). That’s what you do. You like to wonder, in fact (laughs). When you wake up in the morning, you love to wonder (laughs)."

That was in reference to AJ, but it could easily apply to his job status as well. He knows he isn't getting fired, and he probably giggles uncontrollably at the very notion of Mike canning him.
Reply/Quote
Mikey boy won't fire him during the season. As I have said a while ago, if the Bengals do suck this year (which they do so far), he will wait for Marv's contract to run out and then at that time may go in a different direction. He is too loyal to Marvin at this point to fire him, imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis has the same half life as uranium.

Just for poops and Mervs (get it? Shits and giggles? GET IT?!), I looked it up and according to Google the half life of uranium is 4.5 billions years.

So that sounds about right. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was actually hoping to come home from work today, and see the news that Marvin Lewis had been canned by the Bengals.

Oh well, I guess a middle aged guy can daydream..

Eh, i think we should just ride the dying horse through the season then hire a new HC that can pick an entire new staff.

This way i think we could get a higher pick and have a chance at getting rid of Marv's stink.

We fire Marv and put in say Paulie G at HC and we might win quite a few games and maybe even make the Playoffs (possible still).

Then MB would be happy to keep him on as HC and think that solves something, could even keep PA around... Sick
Reply/Quote
On one hand I want him fired now and PG given an opportunity to see what he can do as HC.

On the other hand am scared to death that PA will be named HC.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: On one hand I want him fired now and PG given an opportunity to see what he can do as HC.

I wouldn't care WHO is named INTERIM HC as long as it's "interim". My worst fear is that PA is named interim HC, the team turns it around and either makes the playoffs or nearly makes the playoffs and Brown removes the "interim" from his title.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: On one hand I want him fired now and PG given an opportunity to see what he can do as HC.

(11-07-2017, 02:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I wouldn't care WHO is named INTERIM HC as long as it's "interim". My worst fear is that PA is named interim HC, the team turns it around and either makes the playoffs or nearly makes the playoffs and Brown removes the "interim" from his title.

PA would never be even the interim HC guys. Wyche and i were talking in the other thread.

Sure there would be many of us that would quit being fans of this team if he weren't canned after this season.
Reply/Quote
I don't think a new Head Coach would drastically change the course of the team's projection. I know there is a lot of "hate" of Marvin Lewis by the fan base. Lewis has changed the culture of losing in the regular season for several years and has helped make the franchise at least respectable in terms of being competitive.

There is only so much a Head Coach can do with this Front Office. Until there is a change at the very top, the weak link will not mend. I would be happy canning Paul Alexander at the end of the year. Alexander's finger prints have been all over the offensive line which is near the bottom of the league in performance by all accounts.

I think Marvin Lewis needs to go because you can tell his heart and soul has been sapped from the reoccurring crap inherent in this organization. 15 years with one franchise will cause one's values, aspirations, and goals to gravitate towards the norm of the organizational culture which is this: "be competitive." But Lewis's departure would change very little in the grand scheme of overall team performance. There is only so much one can do when the head of the organization tolerates moderate levels of performance of players and coaching personnel. I would like a clean slate from top down to the coaching staff and certain player personnel. I think Katie would be a better leader but her father would have to be completely removed from the decision making chain. Maybe this will happened at the end of the year. Maybe Mike Brown will finally step down.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I knew ever since this Spring that the Bengals were going to have a bad season. The writing was on the wall. Anyone who thought otherwise was just a blind optimist.
Luckily for me, I'm first place in two of my fantasy football leagues, second in the third league, and just one game out of the top two spots in my last two leagues.
That's about all I've got going for me in the sports world this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote