Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I'm a bit disappointed.
I was actually hoping to come home from work today, and see the news that Marvin Lewis had been canned by the Bengals.

Oh well, I guess a middle aged guy can daydream..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was hoping the same thing. I was looking forward to it actually like it was a sure thing. Then? Nothing. Now I’m just as depressingly sick and frustrated as yesterday.

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has the same half life as uranium.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was actually hoping to come home from work today, and see the news that Marvin Lewis had been canned by the Bengals.

Oh well, I guess a middle aged guy can daydream..

The disappointment will not end soon, I'm afraid to say.  2020?  2021?  Maybe?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Don’t want to lose him know. Because there would be no choice but name an existing bengals coach as interim coach then become official head coach.
Reply/Quote
I was looking all day hoping too.

Why wait? Give Guenther the job. If he gets this team to the playoffs he gets to keep the job. If not we keep looking.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:55 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Don’t want to lose him know. Because there would be no choice but name an existing bengals coach as interim coach then become official head coach.
Whew.  For a second I thought you were going to say that it would mean a return to the '90s.   Then Imma be like Gaah

Our next coach is whomever Mike passes first in the hall as he and Pete are on their way to Wendy's.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:55 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Don’t want to lose him know. Because there would be no choice but name an existing bengals coach as interim coach then become official head coach.

Meh, I'm not so sure of that.  I'm feeling like a lot of fans in my age group have become disenchanted with the way things are going, that the management will be forced to make a change.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, I'm not so sure of that.  I'm feeling like a lot of fans in my age group have become disenchanted with the way things are going, that the management will be forced to make a change.
Mike still makes money with an empty stadium but at what point would the league step in to protect 1/32 of their brand?  I've never believed patsies were good for any league.  Or empty stadiums either.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: Mike still makes money with an empty stadium but at what point would the league step in to protect 1/32 of their brand?  I've never believed patsies were good for any league.  Or empty stadiums either.

I'm sure that if the team consistently floundered on attendance, Mike Brown would feel the heat more than the league.  You can divide it into 1/32, but still that is a revenue source that isn't producing.  The NFL is all about making money (under their 501c3 charter..) they aren't going to let whatever foundation's cause that they are supporting, as a non-profit, fail to reach it's goal.  If the Bengals don't live up to NFL non-profit profit standards, then well say hello to the Birmingham Bengals!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, I'm not so sure of that.  I'm feeling like a lot of fans in my age group have become disenchanted with the way things are going, that the management will be forced to make a change.

What he’s saying is they would promote someone to be interim and then they would give him the job. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that happening.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 10:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What he’s saying is they would promote someone to be interim and then they would give him the job. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that happening.

Actually, I feel that if an interim is named, it would be just that.  An interim.  I'm sure that the younger faction of the "Management team" sees the writing on the wall.  They likely realize that this team needs a breath of fresh air, on both sides, management and coaching.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis has the same half life as uranium.

So Marvin Lewis = Chernobyl

A disaster that just won't go away.

[Image: th?id=OIP.K6PeaLMHRf507e6rh7LYkgEsCo&pid...=269&h=152][Image: th?id=OIP.b0OqQL89MM83M4AMwCpqgQEsCW&pid...=314&h=158]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, I feel that if an interim is named, it would be just that.  An interim.  I'm sure that the younger faction of the "Management team" sees the writing on the wall.  They likely realize that this team needs a breath of fresh air, on both sides, management and coaching.

Your mouth to Gods ear but I don’t see that happening with an interim. In the event that Marvin is gone one way or the other I don’t see them doing whatever is necessary to bring in the best candidate they can including hiring his own staff.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So Marvin Lewis = Chernobyl

Yes, Marvin Lewis and Chornobyl have several things in common:

1. An unstable core.
2. Marvin can't stop meltdowns either.
Reply/Quote
Why don't you all just demand a trade to Oakland!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, Marvin Lewis and Chornobyl have several things in common:

1. An unstable core.
2. Marvin can't stop meltdowns either.

Hey...  At least that disaster gets an indoor facility.  Swanky!

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 09:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis has the same half life as uranium.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hey...  At least that disaster gets an indoor facility.  Swanky!

Chernobyl gets an indoor facility before we do.... Fitting.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marvin's like a cockroach.
Reply/Quote