Poll: Do We Need To Win The Division?
Yes, I don't see us making the wildcard
No, I see us being able to get a wildcard spot
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Division Or Bust?
(11-14-2016, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: My apologies...I meant to vote that the Bengals will NOT win a wildcard, but misread the question.  I do have glasses, but I didn't put them on (I guess I am ready to be an NFL official!).

I wish the Bengals had a better shot at a wild card, but there are three teams that have seven wins in the AFC West right now.  I can't see any of them collapsing to end up with 9 wins while the Bengals go 6-2 down the stretch.  

They, amazingly, control their own fate against the division.  I think they can handle the Ratbirds, but I know pitt isn't going to keep losing...although 4 straight losses by them is pretty awesome.

:andy: Pitt Sux

I did the same thing this morning.

I think they can win the division if they go 9-6-1 or better. I dont think 8 wins will make it and I can see Pitt and Balt both ending up at 9-7.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers just keep driving home what I've been saying about them all along. They're overrated, and they have been for several years now.

The Cowboys were down several starting players on D, yet the Steelers couldn't beat them at home.

It's hard to believe, but the Bengals can pass the Steelers with a W tonight.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Mathematically no, but in reality probably yes the division is our only avenue at this point.

Short of winning 7 of 8 or all 8 games left. Which would be shocking the way the trenches are performing thus far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2016, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, I thought the Raiders would fall back to earth a bit with that leaky defense, but they convinced me (for now) with that impressive win over Denver. We need to win the division, that's all there is to it.

Side question: would we all feel better about an 8-7-1 season that ended with a playoff win? Or last season's result? Personally, I'd feel better about the playoff win, especially given our history.

If they somehow managed to win a playoff game, I wouldn't care if they were 7-8-1.  Getting that weight off their backs would be huge for this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 12:49 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If they somehow managed to win a playoff game, I wouldn't care if they were 7-8-1.  Getting that weight off their backs would be huge for this franchise.

With a home playoff game against a team like the Raiders...I could actually see it happening. Maybe.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
CBS Post Game I think is right saying the AFC WEST will get the Wild Cards and the other divisions you have to win.......and they mentioned the AFC North saying Baltimore has a great D, Pittsburg can be a force with Big Ben back and they said you have to factor Cincinnati in there also. .....So, it comes down to which of those 3 teams has the best second half. ....The CBS Post Game Show is not counting Bengals out at this point......Of course tonight's game with Giants is huge. Bengals can climb into second place.

Oh, lets get something settled on this AFC North being lousy....any of these 3 teams could be tough in the play-offs. I hate to say it, but especially Baltimore and Pittsburg of Super Bowl trophies and Super Bowl quarterbacks. Not teams anybody wants to play in the play-offs. The team that gets hot and wins the AFC North will be no push over in the play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote